Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bluetooth looses connection with my car constantly

My Torch 9810 and connects fine with the OEM Bluetooth on my 2007 Audi S4 but my pet peeve is the phone and the car lose connection to each other constantly.

As I'm driving and listening to the radio the BT chime interrupts the music to say it lost connection then interrupts again 30 seconds later when it regains connection.
    This happens regularly but only when I'm NOT on the phone.
    If I'm on a phone call then I never lose connection.

I am thinking of updating my OS on my Blackberry to a newer Beta version in hopes that it will resolve this issue but just wanted to check with others in case is was an "Audi" thing.

I am currently still on the original OS that Rogers shipped the phone with 7.0.0.254.

Thx
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,312 Global Posts

Update to one of the official os's currently out. This error was repaired in 7.0.0.540. I noticed the same issue with the Alpine receiver I have in my BMW. Hope this helps you. I can point you to the proper threads, if you need more help
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes please, where can I find .540?
    I saw your post in the 7.1 beta discussion to Vodaphone Ireland site but it didn't take me to .540?

Thanks so much!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,312 Global Posts

The latest out is currently 585. Here's the link

Official OS 7.0.0.585 for the Torch 9810

And here's 540:

Latest 9810 Official OS 7.0.0.540 from Vodafone Ireland
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    CrackBerry Newbie

My old Torch (model 9800) worked fine with my BMW 335 bluetooth system. However, like others, with the 9810 it loses connectivity after a few minutes and then hangs up my phone to the point I either have to take the battery out and let it do the reboot/reload etc etc) or just let it wait 15 minutes or so.

I have done the following little experiment :

1)Delete Bluetooth phones in BMW and "find" and establish connectivity with my old BlackBerry 9800 (after having removed and re-configured). The Bluetooth connectivity works fine can read phone book etc. and it will dial a call (except being my old Torch I no longer has the AT&T connection so call does not proceed). However Bluetooth connectivity seems fine and holds over time
    2)Do exactly the same with my Blackberry 9810. The BB9810/BMW connection goes away after approx. 5 minutes and hangs up my 9810 phone.
    For the record :
    Blackberry 9800 : Software v 6.0 bundle 695 (v 6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)
    Blackberry 9810 : Software v 7.0 bundle 2404 (v7.0.0.583, Platform 5.0.0.736)

At this point I dont see any way out of this (beyond the obvious replace BB9810 with iPhone or Droid ..).

Suggestions welcomed !
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Go into the connection to your vehicle, and ensure that encryption is not checked. This used to cause mine to fail repeatedly, but has been gold since removing the encryption.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks -- just checked and encryption was not checked. However just read elsewhere that I should try disablingA/V Remote COntrol Target. Not sure why that would matter but am willing to try anything at this point !
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28196DAA

I have this issue too, but its my camaro who has this issue, it does this with my infuse, and also my torch. i need to get it replaced... lol.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I have the exact same issue with my 2012 A6 and a 9930. The connection just drops off for no apparent reason, and always when I am not on the phone.
    I have not tried turning off encryption, nor disabling some of the other links like audio streaming or a/v remote control (whatever that is).
    Very annoying to have a new state of the art vehicle and smartphone that won't work well together!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts

In case you're considering a leaked OS, I've had very good A2DP performance from 7.1.0.190.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

In addition to an OS update, try deleting the phone from the BT and re-adding it. If that does not work, check with the dealer and see if there is a software update. Have you tried pulling the phone battery, removing the phone from the system and re-adding it?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Altarocks View Post
    In case you're considering a leaked OS, I've had very good A2DP performance from 7.1.0.190.
    Not recommended, my blackberry is using 7.1.0.190. Windows live messenger new message not included inside dropdown taskbar, bluetooth connection to jabra street 2 got disconnected more often than 7.0.0.540.

Let me summarizes jabra street 2 to:
    Sony VPCZ1 - indoor - 3 meters - usable, connection stable
    Samsung Galaxy S wifi 5.0 - indoor - 3 meters - usable, connection stable
    Samsung Galaxy Note - indoor - 1 meter - usable, connection stable(tested for 5 minutes, not confirmed.)
    Apple IPod touch Os 4.2.1 - in car - 1 meter - not usable, connection often get disconnected
    Blackberry 9900 Os 7.0.0.540 - outdoor - <1 meter - usable, seldom get disconnected
    Blackberry 9900 Os 7.0.0.540 charging - indoor - 3 meters - usable, connection stable
    Blackberry 9900 Os 7.0.0.540 - indoor - 3 meters - usable, connection stable
    Blackberry 9900 Os 7.1.0.190 - in car - 1 meter - usable, seldom get disconnected
    Blackberry 9900 Os 7.1.0.190 - indoor - 3 meters - usable, seldom get disconnected
    Blackberry 9900 Os 7.1.0.190 - outdoor - 1 meter - not usable, often get disconnected

So, say no to 7.1.0.190.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me!

This may be an Audi/Blackberry problem. I have 2 vehicles. With my 2008 Audi A6 the connection is hit or miss. But, my phone pairs great with my BMW 650........It never drops the connection.
    SNIPERS GET MORE HEAD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigmo164 View Post
    This may be an Audi/Blackberry problem. I have 2 vehicles. With my 2008 Audi A6 the connection is hit or miss. But, my phone pairs great with my BMW 650........It never drops the connection.
    I have a BMW, i think it's more likely a Blackberry software version problem. I was having a lot of issues with certain versions of BB software with Bluetooth. Then I got .503 (for the 9900) and it was stable from there on.

I guess you have to go through the different versions and find out which is going to work. It's a hassle...
    CrackBerry User

Default I have the same problem with my 535i

I had a 335 with my 9810 without issue. my 535 is constantly dropping its connection. I doing seem to be having the same problem with my '10 or'06 cars. I think it relates to the office functions. every time i lose a connection it seems to be when the car is refreshing messages for display. dealer is useless. i did update the car's software for the combox using the BMW site. seemed to impulse the speed but not the connection stability.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Default it is not your vehicle...

I had the same issue on both my vehicles (German and American OEM systems) with the official AT&T releases and some othe official versions from carriers around the world. theone from O2 seemed to work better. However, I upgraded to the 7.1.0.190 for the 9810 and finally stopped doing it. With this version, the overall phone works much better. I would suggest you to try it.
    Awesome BlackBerry Z30 (STA 100-5 running 10.3.0) on T-Mobile.

Still love and constantly use my PlayBook 32GB for work and entertainment!
    --------
    CrackBerry.com is AWESOME!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

In case you need it or want to try it, here is the link to the 7.1 version I used:

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-686941/

Good luck!
    Awesome BlackBerry Z30 (STA 100-5 running 10.3.0) on T-Mobile.

Still love and constantly use my PlayBook 32GB for work and entertainment!
    --------
    CrackBerry.com is AWESOME!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

I have an aftermarket Pioneer radio in my car, and up until the 9810 and 7.1 I had a lot of "ERROR 80" codes using all my past blackberries. Now I have no bluetooth issues at all.
    Low Speed High Drag.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Another solid week of NO bluetooth errors when paired with the Pioneer. Looks like 7.1 is a winner.
    Low Speed High Drag.