Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Blackbery ID update requested on my 9810

Quick question for anyone out there that this may have happened to. Yesterday I noticed an update appear on my 9810 that said "Update Blackberry ID" (or something like that). I closed it without thinking and haven't seen it since. Its been years since I've seen anything on BB ID and I haven't changed mine in years either. Anyone know what it was about and why I'd want to update it? Thanks, Go1ndr
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Blackbery ID update requested on my 9810

Had this happen to me when I updated Appworld. Not a big problem I just updated it.
    BlackBerry Z10 OS 10.3.0.1418

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
    CrackBerry Addict

yep me to, I updated it didn't need anything from me, may be just updateing code. It's still in the phone somewhere.
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

I had that last week, after launching App World...hadn't been on App World in a while. It seems it's an update to the BBID program and not your BBID, which should stay the same forever.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks guys! The newest AppWorld update came out today updating the one last week. Most likely bug fixes I've read but will see. I'm updating it again now as we speak and will keep everyone posted if I notice anything different. Thanks for the many replies. Much appreciated! Go1ndr (Jack)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Thanks guys! The newest AppWorld update came out today updating the one last week. Most likely bug fixes I've read but will see. I'm updating it again now as we speak and will keep everyone posted if I notice anything different. Thanks for the many replies. Much appreciated! Go1ndr (Jack)
    Should go fine. Mine actually already did two updates before Appworld had another update, so it didn't ask again, here. Everything works well.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Yep-I updated the latest 4.0.0.63 yesterday and it didn't ask this time so maybe it won't again for a while.
    CrackBerry Addict

I got the prompt yesterday as well. No issues updating. Updated App World and some other programs this morning.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

The only upgrades I've been hesitate to do are Messenger and Protect, as both have had numerous issues--Protect in syncing with outlook when backing up, and some issues with Messenger as well. All others seem to upgrade fine. RIM sometimes lately seems to put out app upgrades that have a lot of bugs in them, and then have to suffer the negatives from all of us here--just look at the 7.0 version of DM--3 updates and none of them are good! Sync issues, all sorts of contact problems. I'm still on the last 6.0 version of DM for just that reason. All efforts from RIM lately are geared to BB10 and rightly should be, and as someone on here that I respect a lot said, maybe there is some sabotage going on at RIM as well--what better way than constant buggy updates and upgrades. Sorry for the venting--duh—it’s Skippy my evil twin talking here-LOL