Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Blackberry Torch won't turn on after installing the new software update??!

A week or two ago, my Blackberry Torch 9810 kept receiving messages from AT&T telling me to update the device to the new software update. (7.1 I believe) I updated it over my home's WiFi network. Around an hour later, it finished installing the update, but it kept showing a bright white screen with an hourglass rotating in the middle.

I left the phone alone for 5+ hours, but when I checked it again, the hourglass/white screen was still there and the phone was overheating. I really needed my phone for business reasons, so I tried holding the power button multiple times (no result), then tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. It turned off, but when I put the battery back inside the device, nothing happened, only the red light appeared briefly.

I tried charging into the wall (no result) and connecting it to the computer (it won't connect)

Now, I have switched to the iPhone, but I still need the contacts that are only on my Blackberry. What do I do? How do I turn the device on or access its files on a computer?
    Thank you...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,149 Global Posts

Default Re: Blackberry Torch won't turn on after installing the new software update??!

I hope you made a backup before you upgraded your OS. If you did, you can reload the OS on your phone and restore your backup and you'll recover everything. If you didn't make a backup, your contacts are lost. The only way to recover the phone is to reinstall the OS, which irretrievably deletes the contents of the user databases, including your contacts.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Default Re: Blackberry Torch won't turn on after installing the new software update??!

Try plugging it into your computer without the battery in the phone. And seeing if dtm will see it. If not try using the loader program again without battery and once it comes to life you may be able to restore with dtm. Once it's alive put the battery in.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28B6F833

Default Blackberry Torch won't turn on after installing the new software update??!

Same thing happened to me with my 9900 twice. I got it to work by doing a battery pull about half way through the re-boot I kept hitting the back button and the restore screen came up I choose to restore and lost no data

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes, I made a backup before upgrading. However, the Blackberry itself isn't turning on...

Is there a way to access my contacts through the Blackberry Protect website?
    CrackBerry User

Default Blackberry Torch won't turn on after installing the new software update??!

This exact same thing happened to me. I had to plug my phone into the computer then use desktop manager to reload the os. Doing it from the computer only took about 20 minutes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Reload the O.S, remove the baterry. And connect the Blackberry to the computer via USB. Blackberry software will launch, and will restore the O.S

Hope I Helped

Best Regards

Djsporting
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default my bb touch is not booting

my bb toch is not booting up after i upgraded the os , i already tried to connect it to a computer without the battery inside and its still not booting , all it is showing is a cancelled battery , what is the way out