Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newcollector
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Torch 9810 won't turn on

I woke up today and my phone wouldn't turn on. The red light just blinks every few seconds. I've tried charging it, pulling the battery, holding the on button, and nothing's happening. I also tried plugging it in to the computer but it isn't being recognized by Blackberry Desktop Manager. HELP!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BD01FD1

This happened to me kind of a lot, where I'd put the battery in and the red light would just stay on and then turn off and nothing else would happen.

What I do is take the battery out, put it back in, wait for the red light to turn on, and then plug the charger into it. After a few seconds, like 30 sometimes, it comes back to life.

I switch devices between my 9810 and 9900, and I've found that after a few days of not being on the 9810, when I put the battery in, it will be drained and I will have to leave it on the charger for a while.

Anyways, just do what I said with the charger, and keep trying to put the battery in and inserting the charger. It sounds vague, but it works.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Addict

I wonder if you have a faulty battery. Have you upgraded etc anytrhing different. Search the forum, there are many fixes etc, there are lots of very knowledgeable folk here. SK122387 found a work round.
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Sounds like the battery is too discharged so you may have to leave it on the charger for awhile, if not normal charger try usb charger/cable
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

THwe battery is fine... I tried it on my friend's blackberry and it works fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BD01FD1

OP, I know your phone won't turn on, but do you know what OS you're on? I was on 7.1.0.714 and this was happening a lot, whenever I'd take the battery out and even when I'd have to reboot after certain app updates.

I have since updated my OS to 7.1.0.746 and the problem has completely gone away. Again.. try to put the battery in, wait for the red light, and plug the charger in. try it with the Torch open and closed. This is always how my phone turned on when I was having your issue. First the call/menu/back/end keys would light up, then my keyboard and screen with the BlackBerry and loading bar.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

The flashing red light happens when it's plugged in and with no battery, so I don't think the battery is the problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, your problem exactly same with mine. wake up in the morning and see my bb 9810 off and only red light keep blinking every 5 sec. now mine is ok already. but make sure u already make a backup before this. because like me, all your current data will lost after u re-install ur os back because u dont have any change to backup now. below is what i do and now my bb back to normal. its up to u to follow or not.

i downgrade my bb os to 7.0.0.xxx ( mine is 7.1.0.536 when my bb dead ) u must use apploader to load the os. try and see how. and then after few hour ur bb ok after load 700xxx, try reload again with os 710xxx.

ps: sorry for my english.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

But when I plug in my phone into my PC, it's not being recognized.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Could be the flex cable
    CrackBerry Newbie

Arrow same here

mahn! the same exact thing happened to mine a few days ago. well my battery was low and the handheld shut itself down. i later tried charging it and the red light would only come on for a few seconds and go off. i tried to update the os with my desktop manager. i managed to trick the desktop manager into reading the phone by removing the battery. it tried updating my os. but then just hung for hours only shortly after it began. then i tried turning my phone on, and this time after the red light stays on for a few seconds, it would start blinking twice. and continously. i feared i had bricked the phone, by unplugging it, against the warning on the desktop manager while updating. so i paniced and took it to a repiarer who said it was the 'starter ic'. that had gone bad. well i am supposed to collect my phone this afternoon, and until i do, i wont know what happened exactly, and what could cause the starter ic to go bad. i have been without my precious bb for 3 days now. come to think of it. i do remember my phone falling off my hand to the floor, earlier the same day i started having this red light problem.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

But my computer doesn't even recognize that anything is plugged in when i plug in my Blackberry.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    296309C0

after the red light blinks the torch will turn on in a few seconds.....if the red light is blinking it means that the battery is low.....try charging the battery for a few time and then try turning it on.
    It will surely work!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by gundum285 View Post
    But my computer doesn't even recognize that anything is plugged in when i plug in my Blackberry.
    I have had this problem with my computer and my phone. What I had to do was a hard reboot of my computer and then everything worked fine.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gundum285 View Post
    Did you resolve the problem? Everything is completely the same as me. The difference is that my battery and phone were completly fine and normal yesterday.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,554 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    I have had this problem with my computer and my phone. What I had to do was a hard reboot of my computer and then everything worked fine.
    I agree with Newcollector! A reboot is a good idea and you may want to try a different USB cable. When you plug the cable in, does it load the drivers for the cable on the PC. If its a bad cable or a cable that is not for charging (data only) or vise-versa, that could be the problem. Another way to tell if its the cable is when you plug it in to the computer, it will pop up a screen on your phone for a few seconds that says USB, sync media and charge only. Click on the USB option to make sure the phone is reconized by the PC. Then unplug it and replug it in again and this time touch the option that is charge only and let it charge for a while. If it doesn't pop up these options, it has to be the drivers/cable or something on the pc that is causing it--if it's bricked, there are still options, but try these suggestions first. Somebody on here will have the answer and NewCollector is usually one of them! Good luck!
    CrackBerry Newbie

this works i tried everything else, downloaded software onto my computer and everything but then i tried this and it worked first time thank you!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I need help
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default my blackberry 9810 is still not working

hi guys, i've followed all of you advices to get my blackberry torch 9810 to boot up but i kept on getting this error text box saying "the blackberry desktop software doesn't have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer" on the Apploader wizard... what should i do now? :'(
    CrackBerry Newbie

can you help me?