Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mecca EL
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Blackberry mic and speaker problem! Network problem when im on my house! :/

Hello crackberries!
    I got recently a blackberry 9810 unlocked and At&t branded and i love it! when i bought from hands to a local person, i knew that it had some mic problem and speaker one... When i try to call someone, i can hear them perfectly but its me that i can't hear anything. i tried installing the latest OS 7.1.xxx but the result was the same ( a tried a lot of OS-s... wipe, install, wipe install, wipe install :@ ) .... however, there are a couple moments on a day when in some calls they can hear me. Also with the speaker, if i push in the center of blackberry, it plays music normally. Could this be because its not assembled something good within the board???
    As it is for the network problem, when i was on the 7.1.xxx software i couldn't choose and determine what network i wanted to use... i couldn't select 2G or 3G... in the network bar it shows only H+, which is not supported in Albania where i live. So i tried installing 7.0.583 and in the network menu it showed me to choose the network but every time i want to have a high data speed i get that annoying H+ sign up there... but this is not the problem because i could handle using it on Edge/gprs... the problem is that whenever i'm at my own home, even when i'm on 2G ( gprs ), when i try to make a call, it shows me "call failed" at screen after staying in state of " calling screen " for up to 40 seconds...
    I have configured the engineering screen, but lets say i don't know what to do in that screen cause i know it may brick my phone...! Please any help? i would be really greatful! .... and just for letting you know: NO, i could not give back to the person who gave to me for two reasons... 1- i cant find the person who sold it to me! 2- I love BB9810 and like every love out there, Im not gonna lose it
    Thank you!
    Ps: sorry for writing too long

Update: Finally i made it for the mic problem. For all 9810's users i suggest for you to install the latest software .794 which is found in this thread Latest Official 9810 OS 7.1.0.794 from StarHub
    for the moment the only problem remaining is the ringer( speaker, music box ) and the network problem when im on my house... i get the signal bar fully filled but when i try to make a call it says " call failed " or " call can not be continued... try again later " ... any solution for this would be great!!!
    Last edited by Hektor Corbaxhi; 12-23-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: mic problem resolved! :)
    CrackBerry Addict

Sounds like a hardware issue, maybe the slider isnt making a good enough connection, there was a mic problem on one of the updates which if you search forum you will find.
    Good luck, I know what you mean about the 9810, it's a great phone.
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,437 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor Corbaxhi View Post
    Hello crackberries!
    I got recently a blackberry 9810 unlocked and At&t branded and i love it! when i bought from hands to a local person, i knew that it had some mic problem and speaker one... When i try to call someone, i can hear them perfectly but its me that i can't hear anything. i tried installing the latest OS 7.1.xxx but the result was the same ( a tried a lot of OS-s... wipe, install, wipe install, wipe install :@ ) .... however, there are a couple moments on a day when in some calls they can hear me. Also with the speaker, if i push in the center of blackberry, it plays music normally. Could this be because its not assembled something good within the board???
    As it is for the network problem, when i was on the 7.1.xxx software i couldn't choose and determine what network i wanted to use... i couldn't select 2G or 3G... in the network bar it shows only H+, which is not supported in Albania where i live. So i tried installing 7.0.583 and in the network menu it showed me to choose the network but every time i want to have a high data speed i get that annoying H+ sign up there... but this is not the problem because i could handle using it on Edge/gprs... the problem is that whenever i'm at my own home, even when i'm on 2G ( gprs ), when i try to make a call, it shows me "call failed" at screen after staying in state of " calling screen " for up to 40 seconds...
    I have configured the engineering screen, but lets say i don't know what to do in that screen cause i know it may brick my phone...! Please any help? i would be really greatful! .... and just for letting you know: NO, i could not give back to the person who gave to me for two reasons... 1- i cant find the person who sold it to me! 2- I love BB9810 and like every love out there, Im not gonna lose it
    Thank you!
    Ps: sorry for writing too long
    This problem has been discussed in its own thread, and OS 7.1.0.746 and above has resolved the problems you've been experiencing. Hope this helps
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

WWFD - What Would Far0uk Do?

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thank you for your replies
    @daveycrocket, let's hope is a physical problem because it would make sense. today i'm gonna check the slider.
    @mecca el, can you please help me with the thread link? thank you a lot!
    UPDATE: when i speak in the phone, handing it normally, people can not hear me at all... however, when i speak right in the mic ( i mean putting lips as near to the mic as i can ) other people can hear me really well! is this physical problem related?
    Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor Corbaxhi View Post
    thank you for your replies
    @daveycrocket, let's hope is a physical problem because it would make sense. today i'm gonna check the slider.
    @mecca el, can you please help me with the thread link? thank you a lot!
    UPDATE: when i speak in the phone, handing it normally, people can not hear me at all... however, when i speak right in the mic ( i mean putting lips as near to the mic as i can ) other people can hear me really well! is this physical problem related?
    Thanks!
    The link is on this section of the forum ie in sticky notes "Latest offical and leaked OS's for the blackberry 9810" follow instructions to get the latest OS search "how to" as you may need to delete vender files, I'm not sure of the process so follow instructions.
    All of this info is well discussed on the forum.
    Hope it helps, I think what you discribe could be either hardware or software.
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a blackberry 9810 which is not resgistering with any mobile network.... Ran a Diagnostic test result below
    Diagnostic Started: Dec 26, 2012 8:23 PM
    Diagnostic Completed: Dec 26, 2012 8:23 PM
    PIN: 28a2403b
    MSISDN: Unknown Number
    Device Type: BlackBerry 9810
    Application Version: v7.1.0.342
    Platform Version: 5.1.0.276
    Service Books: RIM_IM,WPTCP,WAPPushConfig,WPTCP,MMS,BrowserConfig ,KEYNEGO,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,BBID
    Free File Space: 226327615 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -68 dBm
    Radio Access: EDGE
    Network: EMTS NGA
    IP Address: 10.101.25.243
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    BlackBerry Registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort
    I have been to my wireless mobile network provider ...they tried pushing something to my host routing table but the my blacberry 9810 never accepted It...they then tried my sim card in another blackberry xxxx model. My sim card worked in another blackberry xxxx model but nt with mine...
    When I insert a new sim card it doesn't resgister automatically...

What can I do? I need help please guyz...I can't ping neither use my app world or do anything with a blackberry plan
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dare_dknl View Post
    I have a blackberry 9810 which is not resgistering with any mobile network.... Ran a Diagnostic test result below
    Diagnostic Started: Dec 26, 2012 8:23 PM
    Diagnostic Completed: Dec 26, 2012 8:23 PM
    PIN: 28a2403b
    MSISDN: Unknown Number
    Device Type: BlackBerry 9810
    Application Version: v7.1.0.342
    Platform Version: 5.1.0.276
    Service Books: RIM_IM,WPTCP,WAPPushConfig,WPTCP,MMS,BrowserConfig ,KEYNEGO,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,BBID
    Free File Space: 226327615 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -68 dBm
    Radio Access: EDGE
    Network: EMTS NGA
    IP Address: 10.101.25.243
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    BlackBerry Registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: Abort
    BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort
    I have been to my wireless mobile network provider ...they tried pushing something to my host routing table but the my blacberry 9810 never accepted It...they then tried my sim card in another blackberry xxxx model. My sim card worked in another blackberry xxxx model but nt with mine...
    When I insert a new sim card it doesn't resgister automatically...

What can I do? I need help please guyz...I can't ping neither use my app world or do anything with a blackberry plan
    Here is my email dare_dknl@yahoo.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Where did you purchase your phone? If from a carrier, they should be able to hook you up or replace the phone. If you purchased it from an individual, I am wondering if it was reported stolen or lost and has been renedered inoperable.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

I'd go with Mecca's recommendation above and load the most current OS available--.746 (Cincinnati Bell) or Star Hub .794 and your problems should be over. Probably should wipe the phone first (after backing up of course).
    Anything Mecca says--listen to! Good luck!