Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sputneek
  • 1 Post By newcollector
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Blackberry 9810 Mass Storage Mode

I have a Blackberry Torch 9810 and I have tried to connect it to my computer but it will not recognise my phone. When i connect the USB cable a window opens saying Found New Hardware saying that it can not recognise my device. i have looked on the internet for solutions and i read somewhere to check that the mass storage mode is turned. instructions say to go on option, device, then storage after to press menue then enable mass storage mode but i cant fine mass storage mode anywhere on my phone at all.

Please help asap
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

try with another computer
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Have you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software onto your computer? It includes the necessary USB drivers for your phone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by Charleighpalmer97 View Post
    I have a Blackberry Torch 9810 and I have tried to connect it to my computer but it will not recognise my phone. When i connect the USB cable a window opens saying Found New Hardware saying that it can not recognise my device. i have looked on the internet for solutions and i read somewhere to check that the mass storage mode is turned. instructions say to go on option, device, then storage after to press menue then enable mass storage mode but i cant fine mass storage mode anywhere on my phone at all.

Please help asap
    I'm having this problem on a win xp service pack 3 machine, you have to find an older version of desktop manager, I will try to find the right one and report back here when I do.
    What's in a world?
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

it wont work on any computer i have tried and i originally tried a older software that i used for my blackberry curve 8520 which is when it said i didnt work so i downloaded the newest blackberry desktop software and i still had the same problem
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Have you tried to reboot your computer?
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    sputneek likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    Have you tried to reboot your computer?
    yes several times
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,554 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charleighpalmer97 View Post
    I have a Blackberry Torch 9810 and I have tried to connect it to my computer but it will not recognise my phone. When i connect the USB cable a window opens saying Found New Hardware saying that it can not recognise my device. i have looked on the internet for solutions and i read somewhere to check that the mass storage mode is turned. instructions say to go on option, device, then storage after to press menue then enable mass storage mode but i cant fine mass storage mode anywhere on my phone at all. Please help asap
    OP, not sure what Mass Storage Mode will do to make your PC see your phone, but here is how you find it. Older OS's called it mass storage mode, but not now. Go to: Options > Device > Storage > Media Card Support. Check the option to turn on or off.
    I think some of the earlier versions of the OS called it "Mass storage mode" but it hasn't been called that in a long time that I can remember. So you won't see that term in options. If this actually helps, let us know please. Good Luck and thanks!
    Thanked by:
    sputneek (02-27-2013) 
    sputneek likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,554 Global Posts

OP: I just remembered seeing this in a thread a few days ago. Here is the info on the Mass Storage Mode and shutting it down. Hope this helps you.
    KB13564-How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Thanked by:
    sputneek (02-27-2013) 
    sputneek likes this.