Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBID issue on Torch 9810 and PlayBook

I had purchased a Playbook for a friend and had set it up for her...unfortunately, using my BBID...in the end, she did a security wipe and started over. I had backed up my playbook, then had to do a security wipe on it to get my ID back on it...I was never able to get my backup reloaded due to an error message. But that's a problem for another forum.

That was two weeks ago. My phone(2yrs old) has worked fine since then...I was able to bridge with my fresh playbook with no problems. Until today. I downloaded the new BBM, did the restart and it asked me to use my BBID to get set up...no dice...my friends info is in my phone and I can't log in to change the password. I'm afraid if I get her password to do the changes, it will be the playbook issue all over again and it will change her BBID. I have backed up my phone regularly, and decided I should do that again, but this time it wouldn't back up my BBM conversations.

How is it so easy to have the ID changed unknowingly, yet impossible to get it back??

I'll take any help I can get...
    Marilyn