- CrackBerry User
- 72 Posts
- a colada
I didn't know were to post this so here i go...
I'm trying to set up a BB ID and would like to know wich email shoul i insert: my personal email account or the carrier.BlackBerry.com account?
Thanks in advance
- CrackBerry Addict
02-01-2013, 10:08 PM #4
- 688 Posts
since BB will be phasing out the carrier based emails beginning with OS10, using a personal email will be the way to go anyway. I just grabbed an outlook.com account to use. sounds more official than a gmail, yahoo or aol domain
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using TapatalkSent from Coleco Vision NEC Zilog Z80A CPU
- 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM #5
Outlook.com is an excellent web based email client. It has push emails and does eveything that Gmail does only more secure and better. Still, it is not as good as using a standard MS Office/Outlook program which contains not only the email client but the calendar, contacts, etc and is known world wide. You can set it up on your PC and then set up a pop3 email account through your internet server, that will give you what you need however you will need an internet server and there are plenty of them out there to support your email Outlook service. We have a business and our server company provides the account for us. But all that aside, once you use Outlook, you won't go back to anything else--to many pluses to ever use a web based server again. Also, once you have outlook, BB will sync with it easily and you can receive your emails on both your PC and your phone. Just my personal opinion.
- By danielgrosvenor in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 29Last Post: 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
- By NWMC_TECH in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-10-2010, 08:17 PM
- By NWMC_TECH in forum BlackBerry Style 9670Replies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2010, 12:12 AM
- By danielgrosvenor in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 6Last Post: 08-24-2010, 09:53 AM
- By cwhitney24 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 06-21-2008, 08:38 AM