Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Another touch screen issue

Searched and couldn't find another that was similar to mine.

I recently got a brand new BB 9810 replacement under warranty preloaded with 7.1.0.267 (Telus' office OS). It worked perfect for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden the touch screen is acting up. When I got to tap to select something it selects something on another part of the screen. Or sometimes it doesn't react at all. I can't flick scroll properly when on web pages.
    So the first thing I did was a battery pull. Now when do this it 80% of the time solves the problem. But then at soemo point later the problem comes back. Sometimes it's a few minutes afterwards adn then other times it will be hours later.
    So this led me to think it was an OS issue. I did a complete reinstall of the OS and it worked for the rest of the day. I was so happy. Work up the next morning, it worked for a couple hours and then problem came back again.
    I thought maybe it was a problem with that particular OS so I just loaded on the newest official OS 7.1.0.825 from Voda phone. Once again it worked for a few hours and problem comes back.
    Seeking that it works for a while, I'm lead to think it may not be a hardware issue... Has anyone else had the same problem and found a fix. I'm just over my warranty period so returning won't work.
    Getting really sick and tired of the issue. I"m holding out for BB10 N10 so need to get this going for another few months at least.

Thanks
    Crackberry addict as of Feb 2, 2009.
    Telus Plan $37.70 plus tax: 250 dt, unlim E/W 6 pm, unlim text/photo/video messaging, CID, VM, 1 gb,
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

I am wondering if there is an app that is causing an issue. What apps have you loaded on to the phone?
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Default Another touch screen issue

i suspect its a theme causing it as i had the same problem. my solution was battery pull and not just re installing rim them but deleting the theme from the phone. with me it seemed to be some bbfreakks themes that may have caused it. i now dont use their themes or any theme that messes up media icons from their folders. now i dont have the problem. i do use other themes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

I agree--could be an app or multiple apps that have conflicting cod files. Since you just got it recently, and it was a warranty replacement, the hardware is most likely (but not absolutely) good. The one standby solution that works 99% of the time unless it is a hardware solution, is a complete wipe and reload of the latest (.825) OS. I'd use BBSAK to do the wipe but use the regular AppLoader to install the OS. If you go this way, remember to back up the phone completely prior to wiping it. Also delete any and all vendor.xml files on the PC using Vendelete. Lastly, go to your PC control panel/programs and features, and UNINSTALL any older OS's like the one that came on the phone-.267-leave the new one on as you are going to install it.
    Then download BBSAK if you don't have it already on your PC, and Vendelete from Crackberry. Open Vendelete and run it (DOS FILE) and then--plug your phone in with the DM closed and open BBSAK. Remember to back up prior to doing the next move and copy any 3rd party license keys that you have purchased down. Some say to save 3rd party apps to your media card and you can certainly do that if you want.
    Now once BBSAK is open, click on "WIPE" and it will completely wipe your phone. You will see the white screen of death which is good! That means that your phone is completely empty of any OS or files. Now---while the phone is still plugged in, (make sure the OS [.825] is downloaded and installed on your PC) Now open AppLoader/loader.exe and it will ask you some questions like language, etc and begin loading the new OS and operation files, etc. Once that is done, open up BBDM and use the restore option and it will put your icons, wallpaper, etc back on the phone, and then one by one, add the apps you want back on. If one causes the same issues, delete it at once and your problem should be solved. Whatever you decide-good luck and keep us posted.
    CrackBerry User

Hi southnam, I'm sorry you're having touch screen issues with your phone. I've had the very same issue with other 9810's, in fact I started a thread about it a while back.

9810 Touchscreen problems

My issue ended up being hardware related. I've had to return many 9810's for various reasons, a couple of them being touch screen issues. I am currently on my 5th phone. The touch screen issues you are having sound similar to what I was experiencing, where you would touch an area of the screen and it would select something entirely different, or possible even register a single touch as a multiple touch.

I tried a few different os's, and tried it with a fresh os install with no additional 3rd party apps. If you've tried these options, then there is a good possibility that it's hardware related. My suggestion is to exchange the phone if you can.

Best of luck.
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    Hi southnam, I'm sorry you're having touch screen issues with your phone. I've had the very same issue with other 9810's, in fact I started a thread about it a while back.

9810 Touchscreen problems

My issue ended up being hardware related. I've had to return many 9810's for various reasons, a couple of them being touch screen issues. I am currently on my 5th phone. The touch screen issues you are having sound similar to what I was experiencing, where you would touch an area of the screen and it would select something entirely different, or possible even register a single touch as a multiple touch.

I tried a few different os's, and tried it with a fresh os install with no additional 3rd party apps. If you've tried these options, then there is a good possibility that it's hardware related. My suggestion is to exchange the phone if you can.

Best of luck.
    Thanks for advise all. I will try with bbsak. Aside from that I've done the complete reinstall of a few os and no luck. Removed all apps and slowly added too and still not getting answers. Will give it another try though and update.
    Telus Plan $37.70 plus tax: 250 dt, unlim E/W 6 pm, unlim text/photo/video messaging, CID, VM, 1 gb,
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Okay did the bbsak thing and reloaded 7.1.0.825. Was fine for a while then problem comes back. This is with no apps loaded on it. I read though that with some others who had teh same issue they had to go back to a older build. Any idea where I can download old OS's such 7.0.0.261 7.0.0.583, 7.1.0.378, or 7.1.0.536

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by southnam View Post
    Okay did the bbsak thing and reloaded 7.1.0.825. Was fine for a while then problem comes back. This is with no apps loaded on it. I read though that with some others who had teh same issue they had to go back to a older build. Any idea where I can download old OS's such 7.0.0.261 7.0.0.583, 7.1.0.378, or 7.1.0.536

Thanks
    AT&T still has .261 & .583:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Mobilicity still has .378
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B9D07943D855AB

Check out this thread for .536:
    Latest Official OS 7.1.0.536 for BlackBerry Torch 9810 from Redington & Bharti airtel

Best of luck, let us know how it works out.
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thanks everyone so much. Downloaded all 4, time to go through them one at a time. Got a response form Blackberry too when I posted in there forum... this is what they said...
    To rule out anything that is being restored from your backup file causing this issue to recurr, could you please try to first back up all of your data then perform a clean reload of the most recent BlackBerry® Device Software released by your network provider? For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" KB11320-How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
    For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" KB19915-Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer
    Once this is complete, could you please test without restoring any data from the backup? If the issue doesn't return without the backup file, then could you please do a custom restore of only essential data and test again?

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Just an update. I did the bbsak wipe etc... and installed 7.1.0.536 and it was fixed. So happy untilll . So the fix worked for about 4 days and then all a sudden glitch started again. So last night I went to back it up so I can try the wipe again and after backing up, it started working again as normal so I didn't do anything. Woke up this mornign and back to it's issues again. ARGH. Will try another build.