Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default after updating facebook, all of my calendar events were deleted!

this application is so bad,
    delete all the events in my calendar without any permission!

what can i do now?

i never make any backup for my calendar,
    and i wanna know why they can do that?
    to force all of us to use facebook calendar (if u don't use my facebook calendar, i(facebook) will delete all the entries in ur entries after installing my facebook app!)
    Thanked by:
    anon5129477 (12-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Wow

I dont think facebook will ever make it to my phone or get activated. Too much spying anyway. Why even put facebook on your phone anyway? Unless your a kid , dont do it!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Zero-lam:That shouldn't have happened! When you open Facebook on your phone for thefirst time, after loading your email address and password, it gives you somesystem options that you check the boxes on to ensure it operates the way youwant. The best thing to do is NEVER check the calendars question or the BBMoption unless you want it to take over those functions. You must have checkedsomething that allowed it to do so.
    Regardless that is in the past. So let's try to figure out where yourappointments are. Are you using Outlook for your calendar and contacts thesesuggestions may help, if not, I can't speak to any other calendar systems thatare web based-sorry?
    If you are using Outlook, you are in luck as there is a back up that outlookdoes on your PC (usually daily I believe) that you can reinstall your calendarentries from. The backups are stored in a .pst file and if you know anyone thatis a computer guru with regards to MS Office/Outlook, he/she can find it andrestore it. You could start by doing a search for calendars.pst on your PC.Also--just by chance that you are using Outlook, it could be that the wrongcalendar is checked on your Outlook Calendar folder. Open up your calendarfolder and on the left hand pane, you will see the monthly calendar and underit there should be a tab that says "My Calendars". Click on that andsee if your main calendar is hidden in one of those. I know this can be thecase as I lost my calendar once and a hacker buddy of mine showed me how toretrieve it.
    I hope this helps and if not, be patient as someone on here will come to yourrescue if there is a rescue available. Good luck and keep us posted.

CrackBerry Newbie

Same here,cudnt figure out what happened or I thought I was going crazy,if I didn't see ur thread it wudda nvr crossed my mind. I updated fb also.
    delete all the events in my calendar without any permission!

what can i do now?

i never make any backup for my calendar,
    and i wanna know why they can do that?
    to force all of us to use facebook calendar (if u don't use my facebook calendar, i(facebook) will delete all the entries in ur entries after installing my facebook app!)[/QUOTE]
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same here... It's really pissing me off right now... It's happened twice in a week!...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Default Facebook clobbering Default Calendar setting?

Maybe it's due to a change in your default calendar setting. Facebook clobbers the default calendar setting every time I upgrade the app, which makes the appointments in my real default calendar disappear from the agenda screen. Make sure that hasn't happened on your phone. Go to Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Default Services, and make sure Calendar/CICAL is set the same way it was before (i.e. not Facebook).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hubermania View Post
    Maybe it's due to a change in your default calendar setting. Facebook clobbers the default calendar setting every time I upgrade the app, which makes the appointments in my real default calendar disappear from the agenda screen. Make sure that hasn't happened on your phone. Go to Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Default Services, and make sure Calendar/CICAL is set the same way it was before (i.e. not Facebook).
    When i went to Go to Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Default Services, and make sure Calendar/CICAL, it is shown as facebook. is there anyway to remove facebook and restore the default?
    CrackBerry Newbie

actually lets say you exit your facebook and you have stuff set on the calender, all of it will be deleted too. I have no idea why either and it happen to me too often that now i cannot sign out of my facebook.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supervai View Post
    When i went to Go to Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Default Services, and make sure Calendar/CICAL, it is shown as facebook. is there anyway to remove facebook and restore the default?
    Simply change the Calendar/CICAL setting back to what it was before.

EDIT: Facebook usually does this to my default settings on every FB app software update or reinstall.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Same thing just happened to me so I followed your advice to set calendar (Default Services) back to original (was facebook after FB update).
    Unfortunately, this did not retore my lost calendar entries. Is there any way to get these back or has FB simply deleted them?????
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default deleted my calendar

My blackberry z10 has erased all of my appointments off my calendar twice now. I run a business through my bb and I cannot tell you how unprofessional this makes me look and the amount of stress this causes me. This is just one more additional reason why I am not a fan of this phone.

Dawna-Llyn Marshall