CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Address Book Sync not working anymore

I'm on AT&T and since a few days now my address book fails to sync. Anyone else experiencing this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    PIN
    up

I had this problem for a while on my torch, I think it was caused when my Desktop manager on my mac began backing up my contacts, which were set to be synced with Google instead.

I decided to just do a full re-install of 7.1, since I was running into other problems anyway, and that seems to have fixed it for now. I did this reset shortly after the start of the new year... or maybe back around Christmas 2012.... either way, recent. I think one of the apps I'd downloaded previously must have messed around with my phone's ability to sync with Google for calendars and contacts, though I have no idea which app it could be.
    CrackBerry Master

Verify the default calendar (CICAL) setting in Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Default Services is not set to Facebook. Every time I d/l a new version of Facebook, I have to remember to go set the default CICAL option back to my blackberry.net calendar.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Address Book Sync not working anymore

Thanks, just checked that, but Facebook wasn't set as default. It still isn't working. it showed the last time it synced was on 01/14. it usually syncs in between but it quit working for some unknown reason.
    Apparently im the only one with that problem.
    Is there a service book for that?
    because I looked in the list, but there wasn't anything that said sync on it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

On my 9810, added gmail contacts did not sync and I had not realized that the setup was wrong, or incomplete anyway. Found out with the help menu:

Home screen, click on contacts.
    Menu button, select options
    Select the contact list you want to sync
    Make sure wireless sync is checked

Otherwise, I wouldn't know...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Default Re: Address Book Sync not working anymore

I think I found the culprit, but no solution. When going to the synchronization history, it shows 504 server error. Does that mean that their server isn't functioning?
    Also am I the only one with this issue?

I did upgrade the OS to the latest .825 release, but that didn't make a difference.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ralfyguy View Post
    I think I found the culprit, but no solution. When going to the synchronization history, it shows 504 server error. Does that mean that their server isn't functioning?
    Also am I the only one with this issue?

I did upgrade the OS to the latest .825 release, but that didn't make a difference.
    Could this possibly be an issue with a missing service book? Maybe you could try having the service books re-sent by going to "Email Accounts" under the Setup application then selecting "Service Books" from the menu, then "Send Service Books". I'm not sure if this sends all service books or just the ones related to email settings, but it's worth a try.
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Default Re: Address Book Sync not working anymore

Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    Could this possibly be an issue with a missing service book? Maybe you could try having the service books re-sent by going to "Email Accounts" under the Setup application then selecting "Service Books" from the menu, then "Send Service Books". I'm not sure if this sends all service books or just the ones related to email settings, but it's worth a try.
    I did that, but it didn't help. I even restored Service Books from an older backup. I went to look at all the service books and I didn't see one that is related to that. I don't even know if this runs through a Service Book at all.
    Usually HTTp error 504 means that the server has issues.