Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by wickedv6 View Post
    I guess I'm stuck with .261 until I can figure out why the touchscreen is inaccurate.
    Did u figure out anything yet? Bought my 9810 new abt 2 weeks ago updated from .261 and touch screen issues :'(
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Max741 View Post
    Did u figure out anything yet? Bought my 9810 new abt 2 weeks ago updated from .261 and touch screen issues :'(
    still with screen issue with .261 installed?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sgpika View Post
    still with screen issue with .261 installed?
    No it works perfectly on .261 but anything after that it has the touchscreen issues. Are you having these problems?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

im having the touchscreen issues, the touchscreen stops working. i was on .585 and now returning to .261..... so on .261 there's no screen issues?
    CrackBerry Abuser

9810/7.0.0.261 is still the best thing for people having this issue right now. I have no idea what is causing this problem, I asked a hybrid builder if he could use the cod responsible for touch from .261 on the 7.1.0.284 OS and he says he did it and he's testing it before he makes it available for download. So let's just keep our fingers crossed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

Default 9810 Touchscreen problems

We should donate 1 euro each. If it works! Im crazy with this. Do you have the version .261 ? And u dont have screen issue?
    All i want is know the version doesnt have the touchscreen issue. Doesnt matter if its old version. I sold my 9800 and purchased 9810 because speed, and i got a 9810 with touchscreen problems, omg.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgpika; 03-19-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    9630 > 9700 > 9800 + PB > 9810 + PB > 8700 + PB > 9900 + PB > iPhone 4s + iPad 2 > iPhone 5 + iPad 2 > iPhone 5S + iPad 2 > LG G3 + iPad 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

If it worked I wouldn't mind donating. I'm on .261 with no issues except for bad battery life of course
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

tks max741 for helping me with my bb today. ur the best.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    9630 > 9700 > 9800 + PB > 9810 + PB > 8700 + PB > 9900 + PB > iPhone 4s + iPad 2 > iPhone 5 + iPad 2 > iPhone 5S + iPad 2 > LG G3 + iPad 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Glad everything worked out, that's what we are here for
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Same issue, works when connected to wall charger.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedv6 View Post
    Here's an odd turn of events, when I connect my Torch to the PC with the USB cable the touchscreen works perfect! There are not any inaccurate selections or lag. Once I disconnect the USB cable it's back to my touchscreen not working correctly.

Any guesses on what would cause that???
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is a well-documented and highlighted issue, and to-date, there is no permanent fix for it.

Besides .261 there are a few other OS's, which should work for you.

You can try .583, 7.1.378, or 7.1.536

I've tried every build as they've been released and so far these are the only builds that work without any touchscreen problems.

Mecca and I have been playing with this issue and trying out different hybrids, and COD's, but haven't been able to nail it down.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c

Where can I download these older OS's. I got the same issue
    Crackberry addict as of Feb 2, 2009.
    Telus Plan $37.70 plus tax: 250 dt, unlim E/W 6 pm, unlim text/photo/video messaging, CID, VM, 1 gb,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN

The new builds don't have this issue. Try the 7.1.0.825. Its a sticky
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

I agree with rgshah3--get rid of those old obsolete OSs and move up to either the .746/.794 or .825 7.1 builds. No issues on these newer OS's and great battery life-faster browsing, no trackpad or touchscreen issues and you will be very happy you did!
    Make sure and go into your PC/Control Panel/Programs and Features and UNINSTALL all BB OS's that are on the PC, prior to downloading the new OS. Also run "Vendelete" ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ ) which is a DOS program, and let it hunt down and delete all vendor.xml files on the computer before you attempt the upgrade. Then--once the new OS is downloaded and installed on your PC, go to AppLoader (Computer>Local Disk>Program Files> Common Files> Research in Motion>Apploader>Loader (icon looks like a cell phone) and with the phone plugged in, Click on Loader and let it do its thing. BACK UP prior to doing the upgrade. Good luck and hope this ends your problems. Keep us posted.
    PS: if this doesn't work, download BBSAK from the web and do a complete wipe of your phone after back up, and then follow these steps over again.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #65  

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    I agree with rgshah3--get rid of those old obsolete OSs and move up to either the .746/.794 or .825 7.1 builds. No issues on these newer OS's and great battery life-faster browsing, no trackpad or touchscreen issues and you will be very happy you did!
    Make sure and go into your PC/Control Panel/Programs and Features and UNINSTALL all BB OS's that are on the PC, prior to downloading the new OS. Also run "Vendelete" ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ ) which is a DOS program, and let it hunt down and delete all vendor.xml files on the computer before you attempt the upgrade. Then--once the new OS is downloaded and installed on your PC, go to AppLoader (Computer>Local Disk>Program Files> Common Files> Research in Motion>Apploader>Loader (icon looks like a cell phone) and with the phone plugged in, Click on Loader and let it do its thing. BACK UP prior to doing the upgrade. Good luck and hope this ends your problems. Keep us posted.
    PS: if this doesn't work, download BBSAK from the web and do a complete wipe of your phone after back up, and then follow these steps over again.
    Hey guys, from his last post on the other "Another Touch Screen Issue" thread, he mentioned that he tried the newer OS's including .825 to no avail. I think unfortunately he may be experiencing the same hardware issues I was having.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9810-f236/another-touch-screen-issue-764292-new/
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    Hey guys, from his last post on the other "Another Touch Screen Issue" thread, he mentioned that he tried the newer OS's including .825 to no avail. I think unfortunately he may be experiencing the same hardware issues I was having.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ue-764292-new/
    Hey Beauw-hope you are doing well! I agree (didn't see other thread) that if he was able to install newer OS with a wipe, and the problems still exist, then it may well be a hardware problem. Bummer! Hate to see the hardware problems rear their ugly heads--never good!
    PS: previously stated I didn't see the other thread, but I did--in fact I even posted on it-DUH! Too much time on here-LOL! My bad!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 01-31-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: correction
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have to agree with you guys. I don't believe it could still be software as I had the problem for longest time, but every build since .536 has been fine. I'm running .794 because .825 is too much of a battery hog for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123