Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Max741's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedv6 View Post
    I guess I'm stuck with .261 until I can figure out why the touchscreen is inaccurate.
    Did u figure out anything yet? Bought my 9810 new abt 2 weeks ago updated from .261 and touch screen issues :'(
  2. fabio984's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    494 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #52  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Max741 View Post
    Did u figure out anything yet? Bought my 9810 new abt 2 weeks ago updated from .261 and touch screen issues :'(
    still with screen issue with .261 installed?
  3. Max741's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #53  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgpika View Post
    still with screen issue with .261 installed?
    No it works perfectly on .261 but anything after that it has the touchscreen issues. Are you having these problems?
  4. fabio984's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    494 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #54  

    Default

    im having the touchscreen issues, the touchscreen stops working. i was on .585 and now returning to .261..... so on .261 there's no screen issues?
  5. Max741's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #55  

    Default

    9810/7.0.0.261 is still the best thing for people having this issue right now. I have no idea what is causing this problem, I asked a hybrid builder if he could use the cod responsible for touch from .261 on the 7.1.0.284 OS and he says he did it and he's testing it before he makes it available for download. So let's just keep our fingers crossed.
  6. fabio984's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    494 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #56  

    Default 9810 Touchscreen problems

    We should donate 1 euro each. If it works! Im crazy with this. Do you have the version .261 ? And u dont have screen issue?
    All i want is know the version doesnt have the touchscreen issue. Doesnt matter if its old version. I sold my 9800 and purchased 9810 because speed, and i got a 9810 with touchscreen problems, omg.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgpika; 03-19-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    9630 > 9700 > 9800 + PB > 9810 + PB > 8700 + PB > 9900 + PB > iPhone 4s + iPad 2 > iPhone 5 + iPad 2 > iPhone 5S + iPad 2 > LG G3 + iPad 2
  7. Max741's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #57  

    Default

    If it worked I wouldn't mind donating. I'm on .261 with no issues except for bad battery life of course
  8. fabio984's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    494 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #58  

    Default

    tks max741 for helping me with my bb today. ur the best.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    9630 > 9700 > 9800 + PB > 9810 + PB > 8700 + PB > 9900 + PB > iPhone 4s + iPad 2 > iPhone 5 + iPad 2 > iPhone 5S + iPad 2 > LG G3 + iPad 2
  9. Max741's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #59  

    Default

    Glad everything worked out, that's what we are here for
  10. yashodhan92's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #60  

    Question Same issue, works when connected to wall charger.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedv6 View Post
    Here's an odd turn of events, when I connect my Torch to the PC with the USB cable the touchscreen works perfect! There are not any inaccurate selections or lag. Once I disconnect the USB cable it's back to my touchscreen not working correctly.

    Any guesses on what would cause that???
  11. marcati's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    #61  

    Default

    This is a well-documented and highlighted issue, and to-date, there is no permanent fix for it.

    Besides .261 there are a few other OS's, which should work for you.

    You can try .583, 7.1.378, or 7.1.536

    I've tried every build as they've been released and so far these are the only builds that work without any touchscreen problems.

    Mecca and I have been playing with this issue and trying out different hybrids, and COD's, but haven't been able to nail it down.
  12. southnam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    126 Posts
    PIN
    290b707c
    #62  

    Default

    Where can I download these older OS's. I got the same issue
    Crackberry addict as of Feb 2, 2009.
    Telus Plan $37.70 plus tax: 250 dt, unlim E/W 6 pm, unlim text/photo/video messaging, CID, VM, 1 gb,
  13. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #63  

    Default

    The new builds don't have this issue. Try the 7.1.0.825. Its a sticky
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
  14. go1ndr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,550 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts
    #64  

    Default

    I agree with rgshah3--get rid of those old obsolete OSs and move up to either the .746/.794 or .825 7.1 builds. No issues on these newer OS's and great battery life-faster browsing, no trackpad or touchscreen issues and you will be very happy you did!
    Make sure and go into your PC/Control Panel/Programs and Features and UNINSTALL all BB OS's that are on the PC, prior to downloading the new OS. Also run "Vendelete" ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ ) which is a DOS program, and let it hunt down and delete all vendor.xml files on the computer before you attempt the upgrade. Then--once the new OS is downloaded and installed on your PC, go to AppLoader (Computer>Local Disk>Program Files> Common Files> Research in Motion>Apploader>Loader (icon looks like a cell phone) and with the phone plugged in, Click on Loader and let it do its thing. BACK UP prior to doing the upgrade. Good luck and hope this ends your problems. Keep us posted.
    PS: if this doesn't work, download BBSAK from the web and do a complete wipe of your phone after back up, and then follow these steps over again.
  15. beauw's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #65  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    I agree with rgshah3--get rid of those old obsolete OSs and move up to either the .746/.794 or .825 7.1 builds. No issues on these newer OS's and great battery life-faster browsing, no trackpad or touchscreen issues and you will be very happy you did!
    Make sure and go into your PC/Control Panel/Programs and Features and UNINSTALL all BB OS's that are on the PC, prior to downloading the new OS. Also run "Vendelete" ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ ) which is a DOS program, and let it hunt down and delete all vendor.xml files on the computer before you attempt the upgrade. Then--once the new OS is downloaded and installed on your PC, go to AppLoader (Computer>Local Disk>Program Files> Common Files> Research in Motion>Apploader>Loader (icon looks like a cell phone) and with the phone plugged in, Click on Loader and let it do its thing. BACK UP prior to doing the upgrade. Good luck and hope this ends your problems. Keep us posted.
    PS: if this doesn't work, download BBSAK from the web and do a complete wipe of your phone after back up, and then follow these steps over again.
    Hey guys, from his last post on the other "Another Touch Screen Issue" thread, he mentioned that he tried the newer OS's including .825 to no avail. I think unfortunately he may be experiencing the same hardware issues I was having.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9810-f236/another-touch-screen-issue-764292-new/
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
  16. go1ndr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,550 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts
    #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    Hey guys, from his last post on the other "Another Touch Screen Issue" thread, he mentioned that he tried the newer OS's including .825 to no avail. I think unfortunately he may be experiencing the same hardware issues I was having.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ue-764292-new/
    Hey Beauw-hope you are doing well! I agree (didn't see other thread) that if he was able to install newer OS with a wipe, and the problems still exist, then it may well be a hardware problem. Bummer! Hate to see the hardware problems rear their ugly heads--never good!
    PS: previously stated I didn't see the other thread, but I did--in fact I even posted on it-DUH! Too much time on here-LOL! My bad!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 01-31-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: correction
  17. marcati's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    #67  

    Default

    I have to agree with you guys. I don't believe it could still be software as I had the problem for longest time, but every build since .536 has been fine. I'm running .794 because .825 is too much of a battery hog for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions