Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry 9810 Replacement

Does anyone know if the new BB10 devices will feature a 9810 replacement? If I wanted a phone with no keyboard I would get an IPhone and nor do I want a phone with a small screen.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

We do not know anything about the upcoming BB10 devices other than the initial two that will be released, the touch screen and the qwerty model. Rumor has it that there will be a total of 6 BB10 devices released this year. It could be that one of them will be a slider, but we do not know. I cannot upgrade until June, so I will be checking out all of the models that are released prior to my upgrade time to see which one is best for me. As you can see from my signature, the only two BlackBerry phones I have owned have been sliders, and as much as I have liked them, I am not locked into only that form factor. I will be hitting up my local AT&T store to try them out and see which is best for me.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Great thanks for getting back to me I was concerned that there would only be 2 models.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

There will be a slider someday.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,810 Global Posts

Default 9810 Replacement

This is a serious question but how do you slider fans tolerate using the keyboard? Every person I've seen upgrade their BB to the 9810 absolutely hates using the keyboard over time just because they have to slide up all the time to get to it.
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

When I'm using it, I generally keep it open and then close it to store. It really isn't an issue. Combine that with the fact that half your screen isn't taken up by keyboard and its a no brainer for me. It's the only way to get a qwerty keyboard and a full screen. The pros so completely and totally outweight the cons.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    This is a serious question but how do you slider fans tolerate using the keyboard? Every person I've seen upgrade their BB to the 9810 absolutely hates using the keyboard over time just because they have to slide up all the time to get to it.
    I'm not one of those. Maybe because I came from a horizontal slider (in a previous life) to the 9810. Sliders allow you to have the physical keyboard without sacrificing screen real estate. Yeah, it makes the keyboard smaller, but I can live with that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I find the keyboard good to use, the way the keys are shaped makes it very intuitive. I type to fast for a touch screen I have an ipad to use the calender function as in my office I am the only non-iphone user, so there is 0 chance of us using BES, not to mention I thinks its ridiculous BB does not support the full functionality of exchange, I can understand using BES for large enterprises but not for a small business.