Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question 9810 Orange UK OS7.0 Bundle 1465 to 2406

Hi,

When I backed up my handset this morning via DTM it offered me an upgrade (approved by carrier etc). Having done upgrades in the past and suffered from one which was not very good, I thought it prudent to ask first.

Has anyone upgraded their 9810 OS7.0 from bundle 1465 to bundle 2406 yet? If so, does it improve the usability of the handset (I find mine to be buggy sometimes, and suffer from screen freeze, not to mention checkerboarding on a monumental scale)? Is there anything I should be aware of (less battery life etc)? If you have done it, do you regret it, or are you happy with the upgraded OS?

Thanks in advance...
    BB Pearl 8210 OS4 then Bold 9700 OS5 then OS6, back to OS5 and HTC Wildfire S Android 2.3, then Bold 9780 OS6, then OS7 on an Hourglass 9810, oops, I mean Torch 9810 - and a PlayBook, currently alongside a Bold 9790 OS7 with an iOS5 iPod Touch.
    I've tried Android and iOS (which I actually like) - while iOS is better than the 'droid, BB is still my go-to daily device, you have to try the competition to appreciate the 'Berry. Looking forward to BB10 now! BlackBerry by choice :-)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Hi

You are currently running 7.0.0.296
    and Bundle 2406 is 7.0.0.585

These are the numbers that are used around the forums just so you know.

As for the bundles 7.0.0.585 for me was terrible. Battery life was shocking! and after a week the os became very buggy!

I'm currently running 7.0.0.540 which is much better. its a previous version but much more reliable for me.

There are plenty of guides to help you install other versions that aren't approved by orange.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Hope that helps!
    Thanked by:
    tmarkt utd (01-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by mainman1303 View Post
    Hi

You are currently running 7.0.0.296
    and Bundle 2406 is 7.0.0.585

These are the numbers that are used around the forums just so you know.

As for the bundles 7.0.0.585 for me was terrible. Battery life was shocking! and after a week the os became very buggy!

I'm currently running 7.0.0.540 which is much better. its a previous version but much more reliable for me.

There are plenty of guides to help you install other versions that aren't approved by orange.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

Hope that helps!
    I never installed .585. AT&T started with .261, which wasn't great, but not bad either. Both .474 and .540 were improvements over previous versions. The thread for .585 just seemed to have too many different results for me to want to try something that had too much potential of being worse instead of better.
    Thanked by:
    tmarkt utd (01-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

I am running .585 and find it to be very stable. Many others are running it with no real problems. You just have to see how it does on your device.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    tmarkt utd (01-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I'm now thinking that maybe its a case of "better the devil you know...". But thanks to you all for your comments and time.
    BB Pearl 8210 OS4 then Bold 9700 OS5 then OS6, back to OS5 and HTC Wildfire S Android 2.3, then Bold 9780 OS6, then OS7 on an Hourglass 9810, oops, I mean Torch 9810 - and a PlayBook, currently alongside a Bold 9790 OS7 with an iOS5 iPod Touch.
    I've tried Android and iOS (which I actually like) - while iOS is better than the 'droid, BB is still my go-to daily device, you have to try the competition to appreciate the 'Berry. Looking forward to BB10 now! BlackBerry by choice :-)