Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigBadWulf
  1. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9810 bricked, any suggestions?

It's completely bricked, no lights at all. USB port is undetectable neither so the well written debrick method doesn't work here.

Love this phone, was hoping it can last until BB10... And it was running strong too... It all started when I got an update for Facebook app, so I installed it, restart the phone and found the power up progress bar stuck at around 75% for around 5 min.... It happened once before and I just pulled the battery and it powered up successfully, so this time I did the same... BUT this time when I put the battery back, it doesn't power up at all. No lights, no response.

I got this phone from Kijiji in February, pretty sure I don't have warranty on this phone (unlocked, installed leaked OS, replaced a touch pad myself...). Do I have an option to get this phone repaired (paid service of course)? If not, is there a way to recover data from this dead phone to my old 9800? I guess I can always restore my data to a borrowed phone and then manually read out all the data, but it sounds painful.

Any suggestions? Appreciated!

Global Posts
    36,804 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Have you tried a different battery, or it on a charge all night? Untill you get some signs of life, there's not much to do.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

JLCommander is what you are gonna have to use to get OS reinstalled. Do a search in forum it explains it because I had the same issue. Took it in to at&t (no help at all). Had to get comfy in my chair and it all worked out. But please search forum it will get you thru. I just cant remember all the details.
  4. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Have you tried a different battery, or it on a charge all night? Untill you get some signs of life, there's not much to do.
    Tried all that, the battery was fine. it was able to power on my 9800.
    Last edited by aha; 12-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
  5. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by pittster View Post
    JLCommander is what you are gonna have to use to get OS reinstalled. Do a search in forum it explains it because I had the same issue. Took it in to at&t (no help at all). Had to get comfy in my chair and it all worked out. But please search forum it will get you thru. I just cant remember all the details.
    Big thanks... will follow the lead
  6. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Have to try this tonight but, it sounds like JLCommander will need to be able to see 9810 through USB before it can work...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

did you try connecting to the computer with no battery installed?
  8. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    did you try connecting to the computer with no battery installed?
    Yes, tried that and no green light.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

JL_Commander or BBSAK will most likely be your only chance but I feel confident one of those will work for you. Since your phone only needs to be plugged in to the usb port and not necessarily turned on, either program (as they are installed on your pc) should see your phone, pin, etc and then be able to wipe the phone completely (hope you did a back up) and install the new OS. If neither of these tools help you, I have no idea what to do other than find a good cell phone repair shop and take it to them. Good luck and keep us posted.

Global Posts
    36,804 Global Posts
    PIN

They all need the phone to have some sign of life. Best chance would be loader.exe with the battery removed. Wish I felt confident you can recover it.

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-06-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Good point Wulf! Ok-I'm not as confindent now that BigBadWulf as spoken! What he says makes perfect sense! AppLoader may be the only route as he mentioned. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Wulf--I've never understood why the battery should be out? I've never removed them on normal upgrades using AppLoader. Is there a rule (for lack of a better term) as when the battery should be removed for an install? Thanks! Go
  12. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Tried loader.exe last night actually, on the second page it was supposed to detect my phone through USB but it didn't... I guess somehow I ruined the boot loader, or power supply circuit...

Global Posts
    36,804 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Good point Wulf! Ok-I'm not as confindent now that BigBadWulf as spoken! What he says makes perfect sense! AppLoader may be the only route as he mentioned. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Wulf--I've never understood why the battery should be out? I've never removed them on normal upgrades using AppLoader. Is there a rule (for lack of a better term) as when the battery should be removed for an install? Thanks! Go
    The rule generally is, when the phone is Jef'd up, and nothing else works, try loader with the battery out. It initializes a wipe and load.

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Tried loader.exe last night actually, on the second page it was supposed to detect my phone through USB but it didn't... I guess somehow I ruined the boot loader, or power supply circuit...
    Try a different USB cord or hub, but the board is probably fried. Hence the lack of any sign of life.

Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-06-2012) 
  14. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Tried all the suggestions, nothing works. I probably fried the board. Scheduled an appointment with the local iphix store and hopefully they won't charge more than those 2nd hand 9810s on Kijiji.

Thank everyone for your advices!
  15. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Tried everything and nothing works... I bought an used 9860 from kijiji and am selling this bricked 9810 for parts on ebay, if you are interested, you may search "Bricked BlackBerry 9810" on ebay and check it out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I woke up to what appears to be the same problem this morning. The charge was low last night but I neglected to plug it in. Now the battery reads 0 with a red line around it when installed in my wife's 9800, but at least her phone started. Mine won't do a thing with her charged battery installed and won't boot when plugged into charger without a battery installed. The phone is not recognized by pc with BBDM running and is not starting. Will continue to goof around with it but this appears to be a major issue.
    ~~let's go exploring!~~
    Q10 10.2.1.1925 bridged to a PlayBook 64 2.1.0.1526-me
    Torch 9800 6.0.0.749 bridged to a PlayBook 32 2.1.0.1526-wife
    Bold 9930 7.1.0.580-daughter
    Bold 9900 7.1.0.794-son
    Tour 9630 unlocked 5.0.0.1030-for sale
    Bold 9000 Rogers-for sale
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I deleted facebook awhile ago when i seen some other NEGATIVE results updating it like the calender wipe out. Its just not worth the risk to run it. its a system trying to work and integrate with everything. Not a good sign wont get good results.