Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmb12177
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9810 and 9800 compatibility

Hello everyone,
    my bb9810 died couple of months ago (it was my fault). So i bought myself a 9900 but... I have some files on 9810 that i would like to rescue. And my sister has old 9800 that she does not use anymore. So is it possible to take 9810 motherboard and put it into 9800 case, and to download files to my computer?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Did you back up your 9810 with your BlackBerry Desktop Manager?. If you did with DM, then you should be able to take them from the DM and put them on your phone. Just do a device switch.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

well i did not... :/ i would not ask for a hack as dirty as that if i did

So, would i break anything if i just put bb9810 motherboard into bb9800?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    PIN
    280b39e0

The motherboard would fit in the case, but, the screens are different, so it is doughtfull that the screen will even work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 10.3.0.140
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

well i dont even need screen to download pictures i guess (but i can even connect screen from bb9810 because it is working)... Actually my question is - would i break 9800 also if i tried that?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Unless you know your way around electronics and have done phone disassembly often, then you would be taking a big risk in destroying both phones. Have you tried hooking your dead 9810 up to DM or to BBSAK without a battery....doing the steps that are in the help section of this forum: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

dead phone has damaged hardware... flex cable, keyboard. It was my mistake while i tried to change casing... actually i have disassebled a lot of phones (and this is the first i've killed lol)

thanks for advices
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,132 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

So you want to take damaged hardware out of 1 device and put that damaged hardware into the housing of a working device. You can take you spoiled milk from one container and put it in another, but it is still going to be spoiled.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

motherboard has not been touched, it is working... so what i want actually is to put one lego part to another set, and im asking if sets were compatible
    Last edited by ruzpuz; 01-12-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,132 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

So sorry, I skipped over post #7..... Best of luck.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

no problem mate thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

My guess is that the hardware is not compatible, but that is only a guess. The key would be to do a search and see if the replacement parts you need to get the motherboard functioning are the same between the 9810 and the 9800. It might be easier just to order the replacement parts for the 9810 and fix it.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb

Global Posts
    5,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Sorry, dude, you're boned, at least as far as the 9800 is concerned. It might be worth your while to find another 9810 on eBay, but if you've damaged the mobo it's hard to see how just putting that damaged mobo into another phone is going to solve anything.

I know this is piling on, but if you cracked open your own personal phone without backing it up first... let's just say you're not going to get a lot of sympathy.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    My guess is that the hardware is not compatible, but that is only a guess. The key would be to do a search and see if the replacement parts you need to get the motherboard functioning are the same between the 9810 and the 9800. It might be easier just to order the replacement parts for the 9810 and fix it.
    Yeah, thought of that, but almost all parts i managed to find were same... But I just wanted to quadriple-check everything before I take screwdriver im my hands (lesson I've learned the hard way)

Sorry, dude, you're boned, at least as far as the 9800 is concerned. It might be worth your while to find another 9810 on eBay, but if you've damaged the mobo it's hard to see how just putting that damaged mobo into another phone is going to solve anything.
    Motherboard is not damaged, I'm sure of that. Other than that, are you absolutely sure that hardware on 9800 is not compatible of taking 9810 motherboard (just in purpose of downloading photos from it - not using the phone)? So, touchscreen does not have to be working, screen does not have to be working (it would be good though),buttons too.
    I know this is piling on, but if you cracked open your own personal phone without backing it up first... let's just say you're not going to get a lot of sympathy.
    I take full responsibility for that, it is my fault. Never asked for sympathy, just for some info. :P
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    PIN
    280b39e0

I had a 9800, and have a 9810, the only thing that is not compatible between the two, is the screen assembly (touch screen, screen) my handset speaker was bad, and a friend spilled coffee on just the keypad. So I swapped the parts. And it worked like a charm. Just becareful, I can't stress that enough.

Z10 10.3.0.140
    Thanked by:
    ruzpuz (01-17-2013) 
    ruzpuz likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by jmb12177 View Post
    I had a 9800, and have a 9810, the only thing that is not compatible between the two, is the screen assembly (touch screen, screen) my handset speaker was bad, and a friend spilled coffee on just the keypad. So I swapped the parts. And it worked like a charm. Just becareful, I can't stress that enough.

Thanks... When I find time I will try to save my files. I'll post here what have I done
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    a colada

Yet, another question about compatibility.

Is the middle chassis interchangeable between the 9800 and the 9810?

(By middle chassis, i mean the part that contains the camera, the keypad and flex cables... not the part that contains the camera hole and LED flash.)

Thank you.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

it should be. flex cable is the same...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    a colada

Quote Originally Posted by uglyduckly View Post
    Yet, another question about compatibility.

Is the middle chassis interchangeable between the 9800 and the 9810?

(By middle chassis, i mean the part that contains the camera, the keypad and flex cables... not the part that contains the camera hole and LED flash.)

Thank you.
    Answering my own question: NO! They are NOT compatible.

The 9800's middle chassis has some plastic trim that doesn't allow the motherboard of the 9810 to sit properly.
    Even with the motherboard not sitting properly, i put the battery to see if the phone would start... it loads fine until about 10% but then reboots.
    15 euros down the drain LoL.