Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up 7.1.0.746 OS Released For 9810 On Mobilicity

Just a heads up to any Mobilicity users. They have officially released 7.1.0.746 for the 9810 4 days ago. Just checked the carrier downloads section on RIM's site and sure enough - new OS! Have no idea what this release does yet as I haven't updated. But I plan on it.

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/app...oad-sites.html
    Scroll to the bottom (or do a CTRL + F for a search) and look for Mobilicity. It will take you to an HTTPS page, select the 9810 from the dropdown and fill out ******** form...

Download Details
    Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (All Languages)
    File Name: 9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.7 46_Mobilicity.exe
    Download Size: 282 MB
    Language: English
    Published Date: 12/06/2012
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 12-10-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixed download URL from RIM - must search for Mobilicity in North America

Global Posts
    32,754 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Thanks for the heads up!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!
    No problem! I was surprised myself...Christmas came early! Hope its a solid build without anything breaking...we'll see.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

First two things to check for anyone downloading are whether or not they allow HotSpot for free like they did with the7.1.378 build; and secondly if there are mic issues for AT&T users. The last build they put out for the 9810 was awesome! The current Cincinnati Bell .746 build is great but it is part of the AT&T/Bell system so the upside is no mic issues, the downside is HotSpot costs money to use! Anyone that loads this build, please keep us all up to date on the build. Thanks!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    Just a heads up to any Mobilicity users. They have officially released 7.1.0.746 for the 9810 4 days ago. Just checked the carrier downloads section on RIM's site and sure enough - new OS! Have no idea what this release does yet as I haven't updated. But I plan on it.

BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2

Download Details
    Link is bad! And, can't find it on CB/Downloads.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Link is bad! And, can't find it on CB/Downloads.
    It worked for me because I was logged in and a cookie was set. I will update it, one sec.

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/app...oad-sites.html

Scroll down to the bottom (or do a CTRL +F) and find Mobilicity, it will take you to an HTTPS page...that's why the URL I posted screwed up. They'll make you fill out a ******** form...
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 12-10-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Fixed the URL
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Had a failed upgrade - bricked my phone. Not happy. Doing the unbrick salvage (How to Unbrick a Blackberry) as I type this. So pissed off...

Going through the re-install of all my apps and data now. Thank goodness for backups. DO ONE or you'll be even more screwed than I was...at least I had something to go and salvage. Anyhow, thus far the phone is ridiculously faster than the previous build. I don't know if it's the OS or what yet but connecting to App World to download all my apps and reinstall them is going soooooooo much faster than what I'm used to. I should have done BBSAK app backup, but I didn't...oh well, clean slate.

• FYI Hotspot functionality is still there and works fine on my carrier (Mobilicity).
    • Screen rotation works fine too (somewhere I read that someone's screen stopped rotating using another carrier's OS release).

Update: Well this thing FLIES now! I mean it's like a brand new phone compared to the old release (.378). The interface is super snappy and applications load almost instantaneously. My GPS locks in much faster than it did before and browsing the web is much smoother and renders a lot faster using Opera Mini and BB's browser. This thing rocks! Its too early to note battery differences still.

Though I had to upgrade the hard way (from scratch) I am glad I did.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 12-11-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: updated info
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Can someone please tell me if this is multi-language? Thank you!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SkinEgg View Post
    I think it is. I mean, I had the option of installing all kinds of languages from the desktop software when I had to reload my OS from scratch. I am not sure how else you'd tell that out. The file itself is named 9810jAllLang and their description is BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (All Languages) too so all signs point to that it is. Is there another method to check for language files? I'll check if you provide instructions on how to do it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

For those AT&T users that are interested....

I just installed and the hotspot does not work. It is requiring that I contact AT&T and activate service.

Darn, back to. 378.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    Had a failed upgrade - bricked my phone. Not happy. Doing the unbrick salvage (How to Unbrick a Blackberry) as I type this. So pissed off...

Going through the re-install of all my apps and data now. Thank goodness for backups. DO ONE or you'll be even more screwed than I was...at least I had something to go and salvage. Anyhow, thus far the phone is ridiculously faster than the previous build. I don't know if it's the OS or what yet but connecting to App World to download all my apps and reinstall them is going soooooooo much faster than what I'm used to. I should have done BBSAK app backup, but I didn't...oh well, clean slate.

• FYI Hotspot functionality is still there and works fine on my carrier (Mobilicity).
    • Screen rotation works fine too (somewhere I read that someone's screen stopped rotating using another carrier's OS release).

Update: Well this thing FLIES now! I mean it's like a brand new phone compared to the old release (.378). The interface is super snappy and applications load almost instantaneously. My GPS locks in much faster than it did before and browsing the web is much smoother and renders a lot faster using Opera Mini and BB's browser. This thing rocks! Its too early to note battery differences still.

Though I had to upgrade the hard way (from scratch) I am glad I did.
    Thanks for the PM and the link! I am already using the .746 build through Cincinnati Bell and would change if the hotspot worked (though I dont' really use it-duh-got to have it though-naturally!) but since it doesn't work, per Marcho's post, I'll just stay with the Cinci build! The one thing I really liked about Mobilicity's .378 build was no hourglasses, which seems to come as a standard option wtih Bell/AT&T builds! May try it anyway as their builds are always good! Other than the loyalty part, the builds are most likely the same. Thanks a lot for your updates. BTW, If you phone ever bricks again or goes heywire, I'd use BBSAK to wipe it and just do a download of any OS to bring it back up. I wouldn't do my app back up with BBSAK as when it backs up 3rd party apps, etc, it backs them as 1 long file and that causes trouble with the restore. Wipe with BBSAK and restore from BBDM. Always safer. Again, good luck and thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkinEgg View Post
    Yes! See below:
    Download Details
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Has anyone had a chance to compare the files/platform between this new Mobilicity .746 build and the Cincinnati Bell build. If so, is there any difference? Mecca/Wulf--anyone? Thanks, Go1ndr
    Last edited by go1ndr; 12-11-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typo
    CrackBerry Addict

Just tried to update and the installer says nothing to do despite me being on .714!!!!

Thats this version and the one in the sticky that says it wants to downgrade my version - the phone shows .714 though, nothing else.

Any other files out there to try?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blockbuy View Post
    Just tried to update and the installer says nothing to do despite me being on .714!!!!

Thats this version and the one in the sticky that says it wants to downgrade my version - the phone shows .714 though, nothing else.

Any other files out there to try?
    Could be that the apploader thinks that this .746 OS is already on the phone and therefore not downloading---OR---it has downloaded and it's the same files so there is nothing to update as it reads it as it is the same version. Just a thought. If that is the case, my guess is you would need to remove/delete the current OS's from your pc first / do a complete and full backup using BBDM, and then do a wipe of your phone using a tool like BBSAK. Once that is done, then redownload and install the new one on your device using AppLoader. This is only a thought as you already said you have the .746 on the phone and this is a .746 OS. By the way, you profile says you are running .694 (ATT) and there is no doubt a vendor.xml file hidden somewhere on your pc. You can use vendelete to find it and to remove it--here is the link. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ I posted on another thread that you were on, the same info but noticed that you were using Windows 8 so I'm not familar with how the installs work with W8--sorry. Also saw that there is a newer OS on the threads this morning. Don't know much about it. I am using the .746 from Cincinnati Bell and it works great. Keep us posted and good luck.
    Thanked by:
    blockbuy (12-12-2012) 
    blockbuy likes this.