Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 4g SIM backwards compatible with 3g BB?

In other words, i have a Torch 9810 w. 4g sim card from ATT. If i wanted to plug my sim card into a 9700 or other 3g only BB, would it work? I don't see why not, but i'm not sure.

I saw threads about BB sims in non-BB phones and vice versa, but couldn't find the answer to this Q specifically...
    Nokia classic brick! ---> LG flip >-----> BB Curve 8300 ---> Curve 8900 -----> Bold 9700 -----> Torch 9810 >--->----->-------> Z10 STL100-3 on 10.2.1.xxxx! ?? ...don't even know what to call it cuz it's like a brand new phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

...hello??
    Nokia classic brick! ---> LG flip >-----> BB Curve 8300 ---> Curve 8900 -----> Bold 9700 -----> Torch 9810 >--->----->-------> Z10 STL100-3 on 10.2.1.xxxx! ?? ...don't even know what to call it cuz it's like a brand new phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Default 4g SIM backwards compatible with 3g BB?

It ideally should. I have a 4g and 3g connection for broadband and have done the swap to check the usb stick... So it should

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaB View Post
    In other words, i have a Torch 9810 w. 4g sim card from ATT. If i wanted to plug my sim card into a 9700 or other 3g only BB, would it work? I don't see why not, but i'm not sure.

I saw threads about BB sims in non-BB phones and vice versa, but couldn't find the answer to this Q specifically...
    As long as both phones take the same size sim, the newer one should work in both. Some of the newer phones use a micro-sim instead of the standard mini-sim. There are inexpensive sim holders to use a micro in a mini slot, but much of the commentary I've seen says they don't work very well. So, if I shoved a fresh battery in my old Cingular 8525, the sim from my Torch2 should work just fine. According to AT&T CS, they just ship a new sim to avoid issues if there was any damage for those who swap phones, but the new ones should work fine in older phones. I had asked, the last time I got a new phone.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com