A suggestion for the mod�s: what about an installed linkup of ratings (stars) AND a compulsory statement with accountname? Rating should be only possible in combination with a statement! Everybody would be forced to think twice before rating, the stars become meaningful and the signature would qualifiy the originator.
    Lunars Edge Design likes this.
    04-26-11 03:04 AM
    I've never even noticed the rating system til this thread was made.

I might be wrong but IMO, most people are going to buy something based on what they like, not some anonymous rating system. You go into the thread, check out the screen shots and see what if anything, has been said about the theme pos or neg.

I think your making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.....not to mention drawing more attention to the rating system than it normally gets (as pointed out by a few members in this thread).
    04-26-11 09:34 AM
    I've never even noticed the rating system til this thread was made.

I might be wrong but IMO, most people are going to buy something based on what they like, not some anonymous rating system. You go into the thread, check out the screen shots and see what if anything, has been said about the theme pos or neg.

I think your making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.....not to mention drawing more attention to the rating system than it normally gets (as pointed out by a few members in this thread).
    You would have noticed it if you where a theme developer and it is a big deal to those who depend on the thread being popular.
    04-26-11 09:44 AM
    I think most of the people who are saying the rating systems doesn't mean a lot are probably not theme makers, as I am not. But, if I were making themes, spending a lot of time and effort to put out a quality product, I think I would be interested in what ratings my work got. Granted, there are some not so good themes out there, but for the most part, it comes down to personal preferences. I don't pay alot of attention to the ratings system, but I have in the past skimmed through the theme forums and clicked on the five star threads to see what people were liking about the theme, so while it may not play a big part in peoples decisions, it could possibly cause someone to skip over a theme. I agree that it should be mandatory to comment when one leaves a ratings. For what it's worth...
    04-26-11 09:53 AM
    I think we can liken it to being in Kindergarden and getting a gold star on your chart- great for the theme developers esteem, but let them rest easy knowing that the rest of us aren't judging them for it

I agree though- a compulsory statement would be a nice addition to the star-rating system...I believe Mobihand already does this; I once had nothing (nice/neutral or bad) to say about a theme, and tried to leave it a 5-star rating, and could not without adding a comment.
    04-26-11 10:04 AM
    You would have noticed it if you where a theme developer and it is a big deal to those who depend on the thread being popular.
    You missed my point. I'm sure the developer noticed. The point is whether the consumer noticed/cared.

The popularity of a thread or the likely hood of it being looked at does not depend on its rating. IMO.
    Last edited by Harry_Yambag; 04-26-11 at 10:27 AM.
    04-26-11 10:16 AM
    Good decision on the mods to ban you from the site.

The reason I started the thread is on behalf of everyone. As others pointed out, some threads that are 'coming soon' are getting one star when the user hasn't had the chance to see the theme yet to form an opinion.

I see a flaw in the rating system. If you are going to have a rating system, then it needs to be able to be defended against trolls who rate all threads at one star just to spite other productive members. Is there a way to pinpoint who is doing the negative ratings? And then reverse the false ratings?

Can a mod answer this?
    Well, I just hope Dakota has not been banned solely because of his/her opinion about your themes.

In fact, I�ve come across comments that were a lot more aggressive/disrespectful in other threads (like in this one http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/re...68/index2.html) and nobody was banned because of that.

Paraphrasing Beatrice Hall, I disapprove of what he/she said, but I will defend to the death his/her right to say it. (The Friends of Voltaire, 1906).
    04-26-11 10:45 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD