So many people creating themes and not one new "Free" theme in ages. I'm challenging all theme builders to post an OTA to one of their original themes on this post. Making a database of "FREE" themes for everyone. I will be adding a theme OTA to one of my HTC style themes as soon as I get on my PC tonite. Hint... Checkout "HTC Style Font" post to get an idea of one of the themes I'm going to give away here for a short time.

Posted from my CrackBerry awapforums.crackberry.com
    This Post is Not Intended to Cause Controversy
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The intent was to produce a post where we could all find and share a "Free" theme or two with each other. In my opinion, it's Great advertisement by sharing something for Free to everyone. Put your designer name, link to your premium themes etc along with the free theme you provide. It is pretty obvious if your free theme is liked and downloaded, they are allot more likely to buy your "premium" themes as well. Doesn't that make sense to you? Now with that said, let's see some of your creations.
    Last edited by cgmorgan1; 01-01-11 at 05:48 PM.
    12-29-10 05:26 PM
    I know I am new around here, but it would be excellent to have a SUB-FORUM for PAID themes.

I think the sheer volume of FREE and PAID themes coming out, seperation may be needed one day...
    mszdede likes this.
    12-29-10 05:33 PM
    And the cycle continues....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 06:05 PM
    OK everyone.... here's the first of, I hope, the start of many "FREE" themes

Deep Blue Water "Free Edition" OTA Download

Please if you take, please leave a reply comment on the theme you've download
    Thank you

Last edited by cgmorgan1; 12-29-10 at 07:16 PM.
    adriannrobbie likes this.
    12-29-10 06:12 PM
    QUOTE=cgmorgan1;5905743]OK everyone.... here's the first of, I hope, the start of many "FREE" themes

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Perfect just was I looking for but..... It needs to be all black or colours like the other HTC themes (none of this fish stuff) overall awesome theme

12-29-10 06:47 PM
    nice theme mate
    12-29-10 07:14 PM
    QUOTE=cgmorgan1;5905743]OK everyone.... here's the first of, I hope, the start of many "FREE" themes

Thank you

Also not being able to change the landscape wallpaper is a flaw. I don't want to see under the sea

Perfect just was I looking for but..... It needs to be all black or colours like the other HTC themes (none of this fish stuff) overall awesome theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

12-29-10 07:19 PM
    Also not being able to change the landscape wallpaper is a flaw. I don't want to see under the sea

Comments like yours are a good reason why there are not more free themes. The only comment on free themes should be "Thank You".
    However, when you pay for a theme you should give all the criticism you want to.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-29-10 at 08:11 PM.
    12-29-10 08:09 PM
    Comments like yours are a good reason why there are not more free themes. The only comment on free themes should be "Thank You".
    However, when you pay for a theme you should give all the criticism you want to.
    Agree 1000x over...
    There is a lot of hard work and time in a theme... I've tried to make a few with the new theme builder... I just don't have the patience for it... it's funny to hear of those that pay the upgrade fee for the phone, or even better the outright price of the phone... but the b!tch about the price of a theme.

There are some really cool people on this board making themes, some will even let you beta test for them... maybe you should broaden your options...
    12-29-10 08:17 PM
    I agree 100%... did you ever hear the saying '"NOTHING in life is free".... I appreciate every FREE item I am able to get but I would NEVER EVER EVER ask for someone to take up their time and effort to make something for me, a complete total stranger???????? get a life and learn how to make your own themes...
    gmkahuna likes this.
    12-29-10 08:21 PM
    the theme was awesome..thanx
    12-29-10 08:28 PM
    I have to agree too. Thank you just sounds so much better. I have found themes that I loved but they ended up with few "glitches" or whatever. If I find an error that the creator may have not known about I may say something to help them out. BUT the "I want this" "I don't like that"??? Save it for a theme that you're putting $ into!

Thank you to ALL you theme creators giving your time n effort out for FREE!!! I wish I had the talent or the time to do what you do.

gmkahuna and BeRich like this.
    12-29-10 08:39 PM
    Awesome thanks for the heads up PM.
    12-30-10 12:06 AM
    First: I dont want to be ungrateful or spiteful! But anybody, who provoke a discussion and hint critics has to bear critic at himself. I've downloaded your theme and I was dissapointed. It seems half-heartrdly and not fully developed to me. So it wasted my time. But this is my own risk when I try to sponge/parasitic here for free themes. But I dislike your shown way of critics. In my opinion its not unselfish to post a theme for advertising purpose. If you want to advertise your work (its absolutely legitimate), than dont be so histrionic! I respect your self-interest, but when you want to be a "picket" for "theme-builder-generosity", than please publish fully developed themes with NO advertising for yourself. I dont want to be aggressive, but I will prefer to pay few Euros for a professional theme which satisfy me instead to beg for a theme which is "only" free... Sorry, but this is my point of view...

12-30-10 05:54 AM
    Totally agree. I just love (cough cough) when themers give out their free themes and some knucklehead comes around with demands and criticisms with out so much as a thanks or please.
    Grumble.
    I hope you guys (free themers) know how much we appreciate your hard work.
    12-30-10 08:00 AM
    Totally agree. I just love (cough cough) when themers give out their free themes and some knucklehead comes around with demands and criticisms with out so much as a thanks or please.
    Grumble.
    +1

I had a mod on here tell me on here to chill when i told people to just say thanks for free themes and quit demanding changes , hmmmm .

So Lets Just Say Thanks To Free Themes :]
    12-30-10 09:35 AM
    Thanks for posting this theme. I think it's an excellent theme and looks good on my torch. Only a couple of negative comments from me. 1) I'm not thrilled with the font you use for the clock. Personal preference, but i'd like to see a different font used. 2) When I click the + on the lower left, it brings up the camera. Apparently I have no choice in the matter. I'd like to be able to select whatever app I want in that space. Otherwise, I'd rte this theme an 8 of 10. I'm a huge theme junkie and have used numerous free and premium themes. Keep up the good work, my friend!!
    12-30-10 10:43 AM
    Really cool theme. Thanks!

12-30-10 04:53 PM
    It's pretty strange that no one is willing to share anything... Post a theme you created (even for a limited time, if need be), add the link for a free download to it, and then advertise your premium themes... It's that simple. People are more likely to purchase themes from makers who they have sampled - test drove for free rather than "Blindly" taking a risk because of a cool picture of a theme. By give others a sample of "Your Expertese", they will more likely trust and buy your product.
    neicy17 likes this.
    12-30-10 06:52 PM
    Thanks for posting this theme. I think it's an excellent theme and looks good on my torch. Only a couple of negative comments from me. 1) I'm not thrilled with the font you use for the clock. Personal preference, but i'd like to see a different font used. 2) When I click the + on the lower left, it brings up the camera. Apparently I have no choice in the matter. I'd like to be able to select whatever app I want in that space. Otherwise, I'd rte this theme an 8 of 10. I'm a huge theme junkie and have used numerous free and premium themes. Keep up the good work, my friend!!
    I agree with the 2 changes above. I like the scatter of icons and have no issue with the branding of the theme. Keep up the great work!
    12-30-10 07:04 PM
    It's pretty strange that no one is willing to share anything... Post a theme you created (even for a limited time, if need be), add the link for a free download to it, and then advertise your premium themes... It's that simple. People are more likely to purchase themes from makers who they have sampled - test drove for free rather than "Blindly" taking a risk because of a cool picture of a theme. By give others a sample of "Your Expertese", they will more likely trust and buy your product.
    I have to agree with you. I've bought themes before and thought they were great and only to find all kinds of glitches in them. I am getting to know the good themers though. Like you said...sometimes from sampling their free themes.

12-30-10 07:10 PM
    No one should be afraid to post a theme here. If you're new to creating themes, create one, find a site to host it (bbthemelab is a great source), then provide an OTA link. If you have questions, post your theme and ask for help. The only bad theme/themer is the one that remains just an idea. "Think it out", "Design it", "Make it happen"
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    12-30-10 07:38 PM
    Grumble.
    I haven't made one in a while, but yeah, I think as a whole we know. That's why some of us keep making them. It definitely isn't for the people who want you to change two "small" things in your theme. Any changes period are a pain because you have to upload all of the files again to make sure you have no conflicts. If and when I make another theme, I plan to say that unless it is defective in some way, consider it "as is".
    12-31-10 10:17 AM
    I have to agree with you. I've bought themes before and thought they were great and only to find all kinds of glitches in them. I am getting to know the good themers though. Like you said...sometimes from sampling their free themes.

as an aside to your comment...
    "Premium" theme does NOT mean better. I know what type of work I do and there are tons better at it than I am who give theirs away for free. I'm very good ( at the risk of sounding a bit conceited for which I apologize) and some of the "premium" stuff I've seen I wouldn't waste my time on in the first place. I'd actually be embarrassed to put some of it out if that was what I was asking money for. I understand people have to practice to hone their skills at this, just like anything else, but they don't need to be charging for subpar work. I've seen quite a bit of subpar "premium" themes out there as most of you have as well.
    12-31-10 10:24 AM
    if you want more themes for free, why not either post links on how to make themes or teach others?

the more people that know how to create theme's the more likely there will be free theme's from people that want to help.

i've tried to use the theme builder and for changing colours on the torch it seemed "ok", and easy to use. but now if you look at some of the premium theme's that are available i looks like some serious design work has gone in to them.

adding the advanced stuff in to the theme's well i couldn't find tutorials on how to do that. (i'm not that good with google). since OS6 is so new maybe the tutorials are not out there yet.
    12-31-10 12:07 PM
175 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD