Vivid (hidden today) is based on my original Vivid theme. The only difference is that instead of the fixed today area on the home screen it has a hidden today area.

This is a Full theme. Absolutely everything that is possible to be themed has been themed. All icons, All images, Call screen, Text messaging chat screens, etc.

I wanted to get away from the basic mostly black and white look and feel of Blackberry OS6 and give something bright, bold and vibrant. I hope you like it is much as I do.

Here's a quick walkthrough of some of the features starting with the Homescreen:
    �4 custom icons across the bottom
    �A Hidden Today that will show up to 10 Calendar appointment and new Messages
    �When you scroll over the Hidden Today area you get a large shaded underlay under your whole Today area so no matter what wallpaper you are using you will never have any difficulty reading your appointments or new messages

At first glance the banner area is very minimalist, just the battery and signal meters and the time, but there is much more there than is first visible:
    �There are 2 hidden icons that instantly appear when you scroll up to your banner area
    �Hidden icons are: Profiles and Weather
    �Select your battery meter to open Options
    �Select the time to open Clock/Alarm
    �Select your signal meter to open Manage Connections
    In addition to the 9 homescreen applications already mentioned there is also 3 hotkeys:
    �Hit spacebar to open Messages
    �Hit $ to open Text Messages
    �Hit 0 (zero) to open Calculator

As you have already seen above Vivid uses my own custom designed icon set. Here is a couple screen shots of the main All Applications screen and inside one of the folders so you can see the icons:

Next here is a couple images of the call log and call screens (areas that most themes don't cover at all):
    Next here is a couple of images of the messaging list and a Text Messaging chat:

And now since I don't think I have posted quite enough screenshots yet here is one couple more:

And finally here is the Download link (OTA): Vivid (hidden today)
    Last edited by D Mac; 11-01-10 at 05:40 AM.
    10-29-10 02:13 AM
    Thanks again, this is so awesome!
    10-29-10 01:11 PM
    Thanks again, this is so awesome!
    Glad you like it.
    10-29-10 02:38 PM
    i would love this, looks great. I just never liked the hidden today, or today for that matter. if you would make one with out it, i would be all over it. other than that, awesome job
    10-30-10 08:43 AM
    In love the coustom icons, very wallpaper frendly, has a weather slot!
    However I noticed in all of your screen shots there is not one of the landscape view. I guess you are aware of the issue with the wallpaper leaving a white blank strip on the rignt side in the landscape view (home screen).
    The back button does not take you back to the homescreen in the landscape view after you open up an app.
    When you switch back to the portriat from the landscape view it does not return to the homescreen portrait view.
    I like this theme, hopefully there will be an update soon. I would pay for this theme if these bugs can be worked out. Good job!
    Last edited by Dadymon; 10-30-10 at 09:31 PM.
    10-30-10 09:19 PM
    Yes I forgot to mention about the lansdscape issue in the write up.

This theme is intended to be used in portrait mode only, however unfortunately there is a bug in Theme Builder Beta that causes what you described so as soon as Theme Builder comes out of beta this theme will be updated to properly lock out landsacpe mode.

In the meantime I recommend you use an app to lock the homescreen in portrait mode only.

Apps that wiil do this include: Quicklaunch, Lock Tilt, and my favourite - Six Tools.

Here is a link for Six Tools (its free): [Open Beta] Six Tools – The essential utility app for users running OS 6 | Get Blackberry Info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 10:58 PM
    OMG OMG, this theme is breaking my Torch. Just try to test this theme but its not suitable for me so I uninstall it.

The problem is happening since there, after first reboot of this theme uninstalling, my Torch show up " A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair it? ", and now I cannot access my memory stick card anymore. I did battery pull 5 times, even restoring the last backup but the error still occuring.

During this time, I haven't install any thing else to the Torch. So what can I do now???

This is very bad experience for me.
    10-31-10 05:07 AM
    Ok, so i removed the Torch's memory card and inserting to the pc, and my 3GB of data in there is disappeared without a trace. This is disaster, anyway memory blank now so I try to format it with hoping Torch will recognise the memory card, and thanks god its does.

My Torch is working fine now but I just lost 3GB of working data.

10-31-10 05:24 AM
    I syncing my data back to the Torch and discovering the option in BBM which is "calendar (not installed)" in BBM v6. I never had this error before, so now I have to sit here to try figurare the problem.

Disaster.
    10-31-10 05:38 AM
    I syncing my data back to the Torch and discovering the option in BBM which is "calendar (not installed)" in BBM v6. I never had this error before, so now I have to sit here to try figurare the problem.

Disaster.
    You need to backup your phone, perform a security wipe from the options menu of your phone, and restore from the backup you made. I just went through the same thing. I don't think it's theme related. It's a bug in DM already acknowledged by RIM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-31-10 06:57 AM
    You need to backup your phone, perform a security wipe from the options menu of your phone, and restore from the backup you made. I just went through the same thing. I don't think it's theme related. It's a bug in DM already acknowledged by RIM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Thanks for your guide mate.

I also think this bug is not related to the theme but this occuring after I remove the theme.
    10-31-10 07:42 AM
    Thanks for the tip on Sixtool. It works great with this theme.
    11-02-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD