Slice into your screen with Pootermobile's latest theme Sheath! You can't help but smile when you first see the homescreen of Sheath. All customizable text icons on a vertical dock elegantly complimented by an animated focus image resembling, well a sword. When scrolling through your icons you'll get a popping sensation from the text displayed. Going from a slightly small font to a larger font giving you a smooth animation worth looking at all day. If you thought your wallpaper looked good with the dock displaying it'll look even better when you hide it revealing a spot for your weather app or favorite app. And like always Poots is there to give you some helpful hints on how to use the theme. If you thought the homescreen was enough the applications screen holds some beautiful custom icons. For a useful and unique experience on your BlackBerry Sheath is what you are looking for.

• Customizable text icons - (11 keyboard devices, 15 touchscreen devices)
    • Weather slot when dock is hidden
    • On-screen instructions
    • Big clock
    • Wallpaper friendly
    • No carrier
    • Transitions throughout

UPDATE!

Fixes in version 1.2

• Fixed owner information and name on lock screen
    • Removed the menu transitions to avoid the "blinking" on the screen.

Updates in version 2.0:

• Added profiles icon to homescreen
    • Hide on-screen instructions by clicking on Poots or click the bubble to leave Poots on the screen.
    • Focus bar hides when focusing on profiles icon (or manage connections in OS6)
    • Added landscape homescreen

Get Sheath from the Crackberry store HERE
    Last edited by Pootermobile; 04-19-11 at 10:07 PM.
    11-01-10 08:11 PM
    Lockscreen is all messed up on this for the Torch... is that an effect of it still being the beta for Theme Builder ?
    12-19-10 01:18 AM
    Lockscreen is all messed up on this for the Torch... is that an effect of it still being the beta for Theme Builder ?

Can you please let me know what you mean by messed up. Does this happen in landscape or portrait mode? And yes it could be the fact that the Theme Builder is in beta and has a lot of bugs. Still waiting on an update from RIM....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 10:39 AM
    Here's what I get... owner information is all scrunched up, and cut off

Happens in both Portrait or landscape orientation.
    12-19-10 01:24 PM
    Here's what I get... owner information is all scrunched up, and cut off

Happens in both Portrait or landscape orientation.

Oh ok I think it might be because I put it in the bar on the side. I might have to update the theme later. Other than that is the theme running fine?

12-19-10 01:35 PM
    That's interesting... my lock screen doesn't look like that. Then again I don't have my owner info plugged in, either.
    I am really enjoying this theme. Hadn't changed in over a month and this is my favorite theme thus far. It can be a little tricky finding a wallpaper with my daughter in it to fit... seems like her face is always up at the top and gets covered up my my BerryWeather icon.
    I'm happy with it, though. Thanks for making such a wallpaper friendly and functional theme.
    Pootermobile likes this.
    12-19-10 07:56 PM
    Interesting concept and the transitions really addd something to it. Is there a way to get rid of the semi-transparent black bar under the weather slot? I have the app set so it only displays the icon and temp badge without any corresponding words (like weather conditions, etc), but the black bar is still there. If not, it's no biggy Just a bit annoying. Thanks for putting the work into the theme! I love it!

12-20-10 10:13 AM
    just bought this. Few questions
    1. IS there a profile icon?
    2. Any hidden today previews?
    3. When switching to landscape, it goes into the application screen and not like the portrait screen? And from switching from landscape to portrait, it stays on the application screen.
    12-22-10 07:02 AM
    just bought this. Few questions
    1. IS there a profile icon?
    2. Any hidden today previews?
    3. When switching to landscape, it goes into the application screen and not like the portrait screen? And from switching from landscape to portrait, it stays on the application screen.

Thanks for purchasing Sheath.
    1. No there isn't a profile icon but you can move the profile icon to the top 15 apps on your homescreen and it'll come up on the dock on the homescreen.
    2. No there isn't a today preview of any kind
    3. I made it so that the app screen comes up when in landscape because of issues with svg files on landscape.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask here or at the email provided for support at the CB app store.

claudiapuccio likes this.
    12-22-10 08:30 PM
    This is the best theme I've had on my Torch to date!!!!!
    12-23-10 09:22 AM
    This is the best theme I've had on my Torch to date!!!!!

Thanks glad you like it!

12-25-10 08:42 PM
    Interesting concept and the transitions really addd something to it. Is there a way to get rid of the semi-transparent black bar under the weather slot? I have the app set so it only displays the icon and temp badge without any corresponding words (like weather conditions, etc), but the black bar is still there. If not, it's no biggy Just a bit annoying. Thanks for putting the work into the theme! I love it!

I left that semi-transparent bar under the weather slot so that you can see the text under the icon with pretty much any wallpaper. Thanks for grabbing the theme

12-26-10 04:41 PM
    Great theme! Love the transitions! I did notice a slight lag after opening the app list and scrolling on the apps list with the tracpad.
    12-28-10 12:25 PM

I gotta say, I love the funtionality of this theme. It's one of the few I can use in my car, phone mounted in a windsheild mount. The text menu makes it easy for me to navigate. Nice job on the icons too. It really adds to the theme. Thanks Pooter.
    Last edited by KEB64; 12-29-10 at 10:47 PM.
    Pootermobile likes this.
    12-29-10 03:07 AM

I gotta say, I love the funtionality of this theme. It's one of the few I can use in my car, phone mounted in a windsheild mount. The text menu makes it easy for me to navigate. Nice job on the icons too. It really adds to the theme. Thanks Pooter.

Thanks for sharing your screens and you're very welcome glad you're enjoying the theme!
    01-10-11 05:31 PM
    How were you able to completely hide the icons and just use text? Is it just direct coding in the SVG? Do you know if there is a tutorial anywhere on this?
    01-10-11 07:09 PM
    How were you able to completely hide the icons and just use text? Is it just direct coding in the SVG? Do you know if there is a tutorial anywhere on this?

It took time and patience. It's done with a code in svg check the theme developer thread here. There are a lot of cool codes you can learn there.

03-07-11 01:14 PM
    Where can I find the black and white wallpaper with the ladybug? The theme is so awesome! Thank you!!!

03-07-11 04:26 PM
    Theme has been updated! Check original post for details.
    03-09-11 12:26 AM
    Still shows v1 in app world.
    03-09-11 03:32 AM
    Still shows v1 in app world.

It takes a while longer in app world. And the link I provided here is to the crackberry store not app world.

03-09-11 12:08 PM
    04-19-11 10:06 PM
    Nice, clean theme.
    Pootermobile likes this.
    04-20-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD