This one's a little strange ... I downloaded a free theme (don't remember which one, 'cos I deleted it in a hurry). When I activated it, it stuck a slew of new icons in my Home screen and rearranged all the others. The new icons include Search (Legacy), Search, Music, Pictures, Videos, and Set UP Wi-Fi. I know the two Searches weren't there before; the original Music, Pictures and Videos apps are still in the Media folder and tab; and I have no idea where Set Up Wi-Fi came from, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before, either. The pic below shows where they ended up unhidden.

The apps for these icons don't show up in Application Management or the Applications list in DM, and they don't have a Delete option in the menu. I've completely deleted the theme and done a few battery pulls since, but they won't go away. All I can do is hide them, but I don't really want them at all. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Thanks for any info ...
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 11-12-10 at 11:37 PM.
    11-12-10 05:25 PM
    Usually they appear when switching from the stock theme to something else. Normally they go away after a battery pull, no idea why they haven't for you. Only logical step is to reinstall the OS if their really that annoying for you. Personally I would just make a folder called "Hidden" and shove all my extra icons in that and hide the folder.
    11-12-10 05:32 PM
    Yeah, I've had new icons show up with the addition of a new theme, but they've always gone away when I switch back to stock. This one's got me scratching my head. I'll try re-installing the OS ... thanks for the suggestion.
    11-12-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD