Is theme making? Is it don't on computer or BB? I would love to try doing it but not sure where to even begin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 03:24 PM
    Is theme making? Is it don't on computer or BB? I would love to try doing it but not sure where to even begin.

Depends on what you're looking for. Simply changing a highlighted targets background color will take an average user 15-30 minutes I would think. However, when you look at certain kinds of customization such as making your own icons the timeframe can expand exponentially. It all goes back to what you're willing to put into it.

Also, its done on the computer using rims software.

10-12-10 09:33 PM
    Thanks for responding. So someone with ok computer knowledge can figure it out? I don't really want anyone to give me details instructions lol. But I just wonder if its for anyone. :-) I by no means am a computer junkie. But I am usually able to figure stuff out given direction. Does the software gIve thorough detail? Again thanx for your answer...any is appreciated.

10-12-10 09:45 PM
    Hey you can get Theme Builder 6 from the BlackBerry Website HERE

I would recommend downloading the BlackBerry Torch Simulator as well HERE
    This way you can test out any theme you make on the simulator before loading on to your Torch.

Installing the software and playing around with it is how I learned how to make themes and a real good place for tutorials is the Theme Developers Forum HERE at CrackBerry.
    10-12-10 10:00 PM
    Hey you can get Theme Builder 6 from the BlackBerry Website HERE

I would recommend downloading the BlackBerry Torch Simulator as well HERE
    This way you can test out any theme you make on the simulator before loading on to your Torch.

Installing the software and playing around with it is how I learned how to make themes and a real good place for tutorials is the Theme Developers Forum HERE at CrackBerry.
    Thanks a lot Curve. DLing the Theme Builder now! Next the Simulator! I can't wait to get styarted!
    10-12-10 10:26 PM
    For some reason, my 6 month old (Vista) computer won't let me do anything with the theme builder, but my 5 year old (XP) laptop, which moves at snails pace, let's me open it and "work" on it just fine.
    10-12-10 11:49 PM
    the simulator only comes with OS .141 :s surprised they havnt upgraded it to .246 since that seems to be the "official" torch OS now.
    10-13-10 06:47 AM
    Wow. Seems very time consuming but LOTS of fun! Wonder if my twins will let me sit n play for a few hours. Lol. Think I better start reading first.

10-13-10 01:34 PM
    Wow. Seems very time consuming but LOTS of fun! Wonder if my twins will let me sit n play for a few hours. Lol. Think I better start reading first.

It can be very fun if you like designing!! I suggest using Adobe Photoshop for design and imaging along with Adobe FireWorks. Use PNG's for the files I found they look cleaner and bolder.

Be careful once you start it can get addicting and frustrating @ the same time. It can be grueling at times... design, impliment, test, scrap, tweak a little, design some more, test, impliment etc etc.... You get the idea!

All-n-All, it can be fun and rewarding! happy designing!
    Last edited by diggy; 10-15-10 at 02:50 AM.
    10-15-10 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD