Ok here's my issue...

On the stock AT&T theme i have a universal search icon in the upper right corner of the notification bar where it belongs. When i switch themes(to any theme) i lose the search icon. I have noticed that with most themes that do away with the tabs from the stock theme, that things like the media tab become normal icons, or a folder(in the case of the media tab). The problem i'm having is the search icon goes awol.

Now before alot of you start posting, I was wondering from the guys doing themes, is if this is a function in the TB, or am i missing something. Yes i have looked in all the hidden folders and icons(bb button > show all). I have also wiped and reloaded the OS several times(with normal backups and with no backups), done several battery pulls, and have even used universal search to search for the icon.

Yes i also know that sliding open the keyboard and just typing works also, but i prefer to have the keyboard set to app shortcuts instead of universal search.

So am I missing something or is this a feature in the theme builder? Although some have told me that their search icon just becomes a normal app icon when installing a different theme.

On a side note....
    whenever i switch back to the default stock AT&T theme i have the search icon next to the notification bar where it belongs.
    10-22-10 07:34 AM
    That little seach icon only shows up on themes that keep the OS6 user interface, when you switch theme styles in TB from OS6 to Custom you do not have the option to add a seach icon. The only way to access search on any OS6 theme that does not have the notification bar is to have the option "Launch By Typing" set to Universal Search. Hopefully this is something RIM adds to the full version of TB
    10-22-10 07:52 AM
    The theme does away with it.
    @curve He said he didnt want it. lol
    10-22-10 07:52 AM
    That little seach icon only shows up on themes that keep the OS6 user interface, when you switch theme styles in TB from OS6 to Custom you do not have the option to add a seach icon. The only way to access search on any OS6 theme that does not have the notification bar is to have the option "Launch By Typing" set to Universal Search. Hopefully this is something RIM adds to the full version of TB

Ok i get this and thought that's what it was. My only question is why do some have it and some do not... If u look in the htc thread tellsells i believe his name is, shows in his screenshot that he has the search icon?
    10-22-10 08:00 AM
    just a copy/paste from the other thread. He is using the HTC theme in this post.

You might want to check your hidden icons, but it's somewhere on your phone:

If it can't be explained i can live with it as is. Been doing just that since people started themeing for the 9800. Just odd some have it and some don't.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-22-10 at 08:15 AM.
    10-22-10 08:07 AM
    Sorry I have looked everywhere on the BlackBerry Simulator running AT&T OS6 .141 and my own Torch running Virigin OS6 .246 and I can't find a Search Icon anywhere unless I am running a OS6 UI theme.
    10-22-10 08:24 AM
    Sorry I have looked everywhere on the BlackBerry Simulator running AT&T OS6 .141 and my own Torch running Virigin OS6 .246 and I can't find a Search Icon anywhere unless I am running a OS6 UI theme.
    Same with me. At a complete loss as to why he has one and no one else does. lol
    10-22-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD