anyone know how i can get a theme like this or similar for free?
    12-29-10 06:15 PM
    I posted an OTA on the following post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/wh...e-note-571552/
    12-29-10 06:30 PM
    I posted an OTA on the following post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/wh...e-note-571552/
    Looks and works great but..... Needs to be all black or grey or some colour. Being able to only change the portrait wall paper and not the landscape wallpaper huge flaw. If you fix or find send me OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 07:30 PM
    No one can change the landscape on custom themes. It's a bug in the BETA theme builder.
    12-29-10 09:44 PM
    Looks and works great but..... Needs to be all black or grey or some colour. Being able to only change the portrait wall paper and not the landscape wallpaper huge flaw. If you fix or find send me OTA

Here's an idea. Stop being cheap and support theme developers instead of looking for something free. HTC Incredible by eThemes is available for only $0.99 and it's an amazing theme. If you have a blackberry I'm sure you can afford $0.99 for a theme. Brutal!

Another option is to learn to theme yourself. You might understand why developers charge for themes once you try and do it.
    12-29-10 11:23 PM
    No one can change the landscape on custom themes. It's a bug in the BETA theme builder.
    Not true. I can change the landscape wallpaper on the bDroidX for 9800 (by MB Customz) and the HTC Incredible theme (by eThemes).
    12-29-10 11:24 PM
    Not true. I can change the landscape wallpaper on the bDroidX for 9800 (by MB Customz) and the HTC Incredible theme (by eThemes).
    Not to argue, honest question; then why do (most) theme builders make us a use a static BG on landscape?
    12-29-10 11:45 PM
    Not to argue, honest question; then why do (most) theme builders make us a use a static BG on landscape?
    I may be misunderstanding the issue. Is the Landscape BG issue that you can't have a different wallpaper for landscape and portrait or that the wallpaper doesn't rescale when the phone is moved from portrait to landscape?

I've attached two photos of my 9800 using the same wallpaper with no issues when transitioning it from portrait to landscape.
    12-30-10 12:03 AM
    I may be misunderstanding the issue. Is the Landscape BG issue that you can't have a different wallpaper for landscape and portrait or that the wallpaper doesn't rescale when the phone is moved from portrait to landscape?

I've attached two photos of my 9800 using the same wallpaper with no issues when transitioning it from portrait to landscape.

The issue is, most theme builders have a dedicated BG for landscape instead of allowing our custom BG's to carry over to landscape for some reason. As a generic example. Let's say I have a ocean scenery as my regular personal custom BG in portrait, then I tilt my Torch and my ocean scenery goes away and now I have a plain black BG (or whatever the theme author used).

Note: I'm using BerryWeather and have to use their BG selector.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 12-30-10 at 09:17 AM.
    12-30-10 09:14 AM
    The reason for making a static "Landscape" wallpaper is actually done to hide the TB 6 bug in Landscape mode.

For example, if you downloaded any of the BlackBerry Holiday themes RIM themselves released, than you may have noticed that if you used one of your own wallpapers, the top banner in LS mode was still similar to the original wallpaper...

If you develop a theme with a transparent top banner and leave the wallpaper user customizable (in both portrait & landscape), than what happens is when the user changes the wallpaper to their liking, the top banner (in LS mode ONLY) will still be the top part of whatever the original wallpaper was.

Also, there is another reason... If you've downloaded some themes than you may already know this. Some themes that have LS home screen enabled have a big white box on the right side of the screen (in LS mode ONLY) almost like your BlackBerry didn't render the transition from portrait to landscape correctly. The fix? Making a static wallpaper spefically for LS mode.

It's these reasons why Themer's are doing this. Also, you may have noticed a lot of themes don't even have landscape mode enabled, that it takes you directly to the apps screen. Well, the reasons I mentioned above are why!

Personally, I think it sucks because there are quite a few "work-a-rounds" you have to do in order to make sure your theme comes out correctly on a real device. All things you never had to worry about with TB 5. But, with any luck, RIM is working on the updated version of TB and maybe, just maybe (again, with any luck) we'll see a new release of TB after CES next week! <-- probably just wishful thinking haha

Last edited by Jleeblanch; 12-30-10 at 10:06 PM.
    12-30-10 10:02 PM
    ...clipped...
    And those are all reasons I just use QL to lock my homescreen
    12-31-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD