I downloaded a new theme which has my bb locked up! I can't go into options-themes because it won't go to the screen. I can't go to options-security-wipe, it won't let me go to that screen. I can't go to options-apps and delete it that way, it won't delete it. I can't download a new theme to override this. I have never (in all my many bb's in the past!) ever had a bb locked up in this fashion. If I was at home, I could wipe it on the desktop, but I'm at work. Does anyone have any other options for wiping my bb? I can't believe I have to go thru the day with my bb barely working ;(((
    04-15-11 09:51 AM
    Battery pull worked for me.
    neicy17 likes this.
    04-15-11 10:02 AM
    Battery pull worked for me.
    Thanks...that didn't work. I have never had a bb lock up like this.
    04-15-11 10:05 AM
    Well your only option may be to just wait until you get home and wipe it. And then contact the one who made the theme to contact and tell them what happened when you installed their theme so they can hopefully fix it.
    neicy17 likes this.
    04-15-11 10:14 AM
    Well your only option may be to just wait until you get home and wipe it. And then contact the one who made the theme to contact and tell them what happened when you installed their theme so they can hopefully fix it.
    Thanks, I think you're right. I've tried everything, including switching my SIM from work bb to my torch's card. Didn't work. ;( I'll just have to spend a day with a flawed device, and I went to the theme developer first, just haven't heard back from them. Won't be using their themes anymore.
    04-15-11 10:25 AM
    Try to reboot the phone in safe mode by holding down the escape key during the restart then remove the theme. Make sure you hold the escape key down until the phone fully restarts and notify's you it is in safe mode.
    neicy17 and mrbjr like this.
    04-15-11 10:32 AM
    If safemode fails...

...when you get home don't be to quick to wipe it. Try using DM6 to remove the theme (in applications) and reboot. If this fails try using BBSAK to delete the theme COD file and reboot.

If these options fail then I would consider a wipe.

Did you ever install Blackberry Protect? It would be a good idea if you haven't.
    I assume you are not on BES?
    neicy17 likes this.
    04-15-11 10:43 AM
    If a battery pull did not help and you are stuck at work.. The only other option is calling your service provider and see if they can help. I doubt there is anything they can do BUT it's worth a shot!

Sorry, I know how much that sucks. I get so bored at work can't imagine being without my BB.
    neicy17 likes this.
    04-15-11 10:45 AM
    Try to reboot the phone in safe mode by holding down the escape key during the restart then remove the theme. Make sure you hold the escape key down until the phone fully restarts and notify's you it is in safe mode.
    For this safemode process, you get a million thanks..didn't know about this! I was able to delete the theme and it WORKED!!!! You are freaking awesome. I've been trying to figure this out all morning, instead of paying attention to this 3 hour conference call I'm on! Thank you so much!!!!
    04-15-11 10:58 AM
    If safemode fails...

...when you get home don't be to quick to wipe it. Try using DM6 to remove the theme (in applications) and reboot. If this fails try using BBSAK to delete the theme COD file and reboot.

If these options fail then I would consider a wipe.

Did you ever install Blackberry Protect? It would be a good idea if you haven't.
    I assume you are not on BES?
    Safemode worked! Thanks for the additional info.
    04-15-11 10:59 AM
    For this safemode process, you get a million thanks..didn't know about this! I was able to delete the theme and it WORKED!!!! You are freaking awesome. I've been trying to figure this out all morning, instead of paying attention to this 3 hour conference call I'm on! Thank you so much!!!!
    Glad it worked and there is usually a way without a wipe of the OS which can be a pain....

Now back to work....
    mrbjr likes this.
    04-15-11 10:59 AM
    Safemode worked!!!!!! Thanks everyone, I love my CB fam! mu-ah
    04-15-11 11:00 AM
    Anyone else wondering what theme it was that locked it up? I'd like to know so I don't try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 12:05 PM
    The theme that caused this was Delexion. I didn't want to put the name out there until the owner responded, but since I've yet to get a response, there you go. I've never had an app or theme to lock me up like that and I've had many bb's (8310, 9000, 9700, etc. )

UPDATE 4.28.2011
    Theme builder responded and thinks it was an OS compatibility issue. Seriously not trying to slam the themer as they have awesome work, but they did say they have not had anyone else to complain of this.
    Last edited by neicy; 04-28-11 at 03:06 PM.
    04-17-11 06:23 AM
    This is part of the reason I don't like to install third party themes. It just freaks me out. I'd be in panic mode if my BlackBerry was frozen/unusable, even for just an hour. Glad the OP got her BlackBerry back to normal!
    04-17-11 08:38 AM
    Find yourself good reputable theme builders and you wont have a problem. Not only do I switch themes like socks (sometimes more )- but I test for quite a few theme developers. I have never had my BB freeze up or any damage done. It would have to be some really horrible coding to that (or possibly downloaded the wrong version for your device).

Customization, to me, is one of the many benefits of owning a BB. Themes are a great start. (and quite the addiction once you know who does good work)
    04-17-11 08:54 AM
    Find yourself good reputable theme builders and you wont have a problem. Not only do I switch themes like socks (sometimes more )- but I test for quite a few theme developers. I have never had my BB freeze up or any damage done. It would have to be some really horrible coding to that (or possibly downloaded the wrong version for your device).

Customization, to me, is one of the many benefits of owning a BB. Themes are a great start. (and quite the addiction once you know who does good work)
    I've tried a few themes, but most of the time I find that they just "look" good at first, but then I find certain things about the theme that I don't care for, so I always switch back to the default OS 6 theme. Whether it be fonts, colors, sizes of things, certain things just irk me and I can't deal with it and I'd rather use OS 6 default than download or pay for a theme that I'm not happy with.
    04-17-11 08:58 AM

I'm with you on this one. Find a reputable themer and all is fine. I also test for a few themers and have never had my BB totally lock up like the OP described. Live and learn I guess.
    04-17-11 09:06 AM
    The theme that caused this was Delexion. I didn't want to put the name out there until the owner responded, but since I've yet to get a response, there you go. I've never had an app or theme to lock me up like that and I've had many bb's (8310, 9000, 9700, etc. )

Thanks for the heads up. I've tried a bunch of themes but always find myself going back to a theme called "stock plus" by VinceThePrince. It's clean, wallpaper friendly, and gives me quick access to everything I use daily. Switching to landscape brings up a Today screen which is real handy too.

04-18-11 08:51 PM
    Just wanted to bump this as I noticed that CB is advertising this theme on the blogs right now.

04-23-11 12:20 PM
    I mean no disrespect to the OP. I've been themeing for a few months now. Believe you me I've built some bluppers. Nothing like this. It really sounds like the OP DLed the wrong version. I have never tried doing this so I don't know what the result would be. Guess I always thought the device would catch the mistake and give an error message. I have some heavy svg themes and no problems like this.
    Neicy, has Walker Themes not responded back to you? If they haven't try again. I'm real sure they will make this right and want to know of the problem. If you haven't already you can start a thread in the theme section. You'll get responses I asure you.

04-25-11 08:32 AM
    I mean no disrespect to the OP. I've been themeing for a few months now. Believe you me I've built some bluppers. Nothing like this. It really sounds like the OP DLed the wrong version. I have never tried doing this so I don't know what the result would be. Guess I always thought the device would catch the mistake and give an error message. I have some heavy svg themes and no problems like this.
    Neicy, has Walker Themes not responded back to you? If they haven't try again. I'm real sure they will make this right and want to know of the problem. If you haven't already you can start a thread in the theme section. You'll get responses I asure you.

Hey, I'm not offended I'm pretty sure I downloaded the right version for my phone, but who knows. I just know that I've never had that issue before, and I was seriously loving the theme. I did send the themer a note, and did get a response back. No clue what happened, but it was bad. Thx for the feedback everyone

04-27-11 12:31 AM
    When you want an app or a theme be sure that is compatible with your bb before you download...if possible.
    neicy17 likes this.
    04-27-11 06:16 AM
    So I checked and I had the correct version of the theme for a 9800 in the pink. Don't get me wrong, the theme was awesome, but I'd never seen a bb act in that way..and i've gone thru many bb's Hopefully it was just a fluke because I haven't seen anyone else complaining of that, and I have been in contact with the themebuilder. Hopefully he could figure it out, because it was a cute theme;P Right now I'm playing it safe with SuperTilt, which is an awesome theme, safe, compatible, wallpaper friendly, shows ALL of my notifications...loving it.
    04-27-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD