Hi

Just moved over from an 8520 Curve. I sort of had my head around all the different themes available for my old phone eg Zen, L Theme etc. Is there an *****'s guide to the different themes available for the Torch? eg What does Hidden Dock mean etc?

Cheers
    04-24-11 10:09 AM
    The designer of the theme will explain the hidden spots on his first post usually. If you look at a theme on this site, you can read all about it and the reviews also. If you have a theme and are still not sure if there is a hidden spot or what the theme does, you can google it or write to developer/designer. That's my two cents worth
    04-24-11 10:51 AM
    Hi

Just moved over from an 8520 Curve. I sort of had my head around all the different themes available for my old phone eg Zen, L Theme etc. Is there an *****'s guide to the different themes available for the Torch? eg What does Hidden Dock mean etc?

Cheers
    Hi Tony! Hope you are enjoying your Torch even though the themes are giving you a twist.

There are quite a few themes out there for the Torch - free and paid. A good place to start is the theme forum here for the 9800. Just look through the different threads and see what theme strikes you as interesting. There's more memory on the Torch so you can download a lot of themes and try them out.

A hidden dock is a place where you touch the screen and either icons / calendar entries, etc. show up that weren't there before. It's theme specific so these areas change.

Like Luvbuglady said, if you look at the theme thread in the forums here, they should tell you where these spots are and how to set them up. You can always post questions if you have problems with them.

Good luck and enjoy!
    04-24-11 11:51 AM
    Also, if you're not familiar with hidden today spots; if a theme designer has incorporated a "hidden today", then when you scroll over a "today app" (i.e. calender, messages, text...), a list of items from that apps will appear somewhere on your homescreen. (i.e. events list for your calender). Please note however, with a touchscreen device, if you TAP the icon, it will take you to the app. In order to activate a hidden today on a touchscreen BB simply scroll over it with the trackpad, or tap the icon, but leave your finger on the app for .25-.5 seconds longer than normal to highlight the app but not select it.
    04-25-11 12:01 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I'll play around with a few. Hope you don't mind if I come back with further questions
    04-25-11 06:05 PM
    That's what we're here for
    04-26-11 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD