Hiyas! I upgraded my old curve 8300 to a torch yesterday and as much as I adore it already I have been yelling at my computer (and my blackberry) for the past 30 minutes.

I cannot for the life of me get a theme ONTO the device.

I went to the 9800 theme forum, found 3 that I wanted to try.

I tried emailing them to myself and downloading them onto the BB and nothing (always saves file to documents and then they don't show up under options - display - screen display - theme section. All that is in my theme section is 'Blackberry 6"

I tried through usb, no theme folder.

I tried through blackberry desktop software, no "theme" section to add themes.

I am at my wits end, I know there is probably something completely simple that I am missing but I cannot figure it out.

Please oh please help!
    12-30-10 10:07 PM
    Hiyas! I upgraded my old curve 8300 to a torch yesterday and as much as I adore it already I have been yelling at my computer (and my blackberry) for the past 30 minutes.

I cannot for the life of me get a theme ONTO the device.

I went to the 9800 theme forum, found 3 that I wanted to try.

I tried emailing them to myself and downloading them onto the BB and nothing (always saves file to documents and then they don't show up under options - display - screen display - theme section. All that is in my theme section is 'Blackberry 6"

I tried through usb, no theme folder.

I tried through blackberry desktop software, no "theme" section to add themes.

I am at my wits end, I know there is probably something completely simple that I am missing but I cannot figure it out.

Please oh please help!
    Browse the themes forums on your device and then use an OTA (over-the-air) link.
    Or purchase an app from the CB store from your computer and the link will be e-mailed to you. You can then download directly from that e-mail on your phone.
    12-30-10 10:12 PM
    Also, if I might add, make sure the theme you're trying to download is compatible with your device, eg an OS6 theme. Just find one in the free themes section, hit the OTA link, then another screen will appear and select download or download now.
    12-30-10 10:21 PM
    ohhhhh this worked! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
    12-30-10 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD