i love my torch but i wanna know if i can get the clock and weather on my home screen like is on the droids. if anyone has it on their torch can u post a pic pls.
    09-18-10 11:25 AM
    Are you talking about this clock widget?

09-18-10 11:40 AM
    yup thats it exactly...is it available for the torch?
    09-18-10 11:41 AM
    Not sure... Are any themes available for the Torch yet? That is the HTC Sense UI clock that is available on Android and WinMo devices (that actual one in the pic isn't HTCs, but looks exactly like it). Widgets aren't available on BB, so it has to be a theme. Last I saw themes weren't out yet...may be different now though.
    09-18-10 11:43 AM
    i know my brother has it on his 9700 but i think it would be cool on the torch...but i would rather just have the widget instead of the theme.
    09-18-10 11:49 AM
    gotta admit that does look very nice
    09-18-10 11:56 AM
    yea it does look nice....hopefully its available and if it is im gettin it.
    09-18-10 12:10 PM
    i know my brother has it on his 9700 but i think it would be cool on the torch...but i would rather just have the widget instead of the theme.
    Yea I know there are some HTC themes for BB. Hopefully someone can port it for the Torch.
    09-18-10 12:18 PM
    gotta admit that does look very nice
    Yea that's my homescreen.
    09-18-10 12:18 PM
    I'm not a fan of those HUGE clocks..like really..wtf am i blind? lol. I've contemplated switching to the HTC Desire and that is the one thing i'd want to be changing right away is that clock. I'm not sure if i'd have to root it first so that i can get a different "theme" or if i could just get a different clock. I haven't played around with one enough to know for sure..
    09-18-10 12:46 PM
    I'm not a fan of those HUGE clocks..like really..wtf am i blind? lol. I've contemplated switching to the HTC Desire and that is the one thing i'd want to be changing right away is that clock. I'm not sure if i'd have to root it first so that i can get a different "theme" or if i could just get a different clock. I haven't played around with one enough to know for sure..
    It is not a theme and you don't need to root. Just long press on the widget and drag it down to the garbage on the bottom of the screen and it will disappear.

I'm not blind, I just think the widget looks very nice and classy. It also displays all the weather info (plus if I click the widget it has the forecast for the next 3 days and other animations), the time, date and location that all updates at set intervals you choose. Android is all about customization, so you can basically do whatever you want. Plus there are other skins and sizes for this widget.
    09-18-10 12:51 PM
    It is not a theme and you don't need to root. Just long press on the widget and drag it down to the garbage on the bottom of the screen and it will disappear.

I'm not blind, I just think the widget looks very nice and classy. It also displays all the weather info (plus if I click the widget it has the forecast for the next 3 days and other animations), the time, date and location that all updates at set intervals you choose. Android is all about customization, so you can basically do whatever you want. Plus there are other skins and sizes for this widget.
    Awesome. Good to know I know i had seen other's people's homescreens with different clocks, and i had assumed that (or at least hoped) that i wouldn't have to root just to get rid of it lol. But most of the screenshots i see of people's Androids have this type of clock in it, so that made me question it.

Does the weather widget remain if you change the clock? Or is that part of that whole "look"?
    09-18-10 01:01 PM
    yea im not blind either but i do think it looks kinda cool...and i love the way it does the weather.
    09-18-10 01:02 PM
    yea im not blind either but i do think it looks kinda cool...and i love the way it does the weather.
    If you like that weather widget look, then i'd definately suggest Berry Weather (BeWeather now i believe). You can gain that same look (and customize it to your tastes).
    09-18-10 01:05 PM
    Awesome. Good to know I know i had seen other's people's homescreens with different clocks, and i had assumed that (or at least hoped) that i wouldn't have to root just to get rid of it lol. But most of the screenshots i see of people's Androids have this type of clock in it, so that made me question it.

Does the weather widget remain if you change the clock? Or is that part of that whole "look"?
    There is a standalone weather widget that doesn't include the clock if you want that. Like I said, it is very customizable. Every weather widget usually has different sizes.
    09-18-10 01:10 PM
    Supposedly when Devcon is over with they will be issuing out the new theme building kits and so on, so hopefully after that (around a month I heard on here) we will start seeing themes coming out.
    09-18-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD