I just upgraded my theme to the 3d theme and now the only thing in my media slide is Slacker radio.

Can anyone help? Also how do I add to a slide such as media?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 12:08 PM
    I just upgraded my theme to the 3d theme and now the only thing in my media slide is Slacker radio.

Can anyone help? Also how do I add to a slide such as media?

This happened to me when I bought a theme. It's in a different folder. Look for a folder named something different than your standard folders and you should find slacker radio in there. You'd have to move the media stuff in your media folder over to that other folder for it to show up in the media slide.

Who made your theme? Just curious if it was the same as mine.
    01-25-11 12:33 PM
    I had similar experiences with a number of themes I've tried. One shuffled folders and icons so badly that I used the Options> Homescreen Preferences and reset wallpaper, layout & icon arrangement back to default. It cleaned things up nicely. I still had to put icons back to my preferred layout, but everything could be found. ~ecm

01-25-11 02:47 PM
    Actually niether of these worked Guys. I am so lost and confused............It is an awesome theme too.

black and blue 3d style theme made by adorno.

Any other ideas?? I also happened to delete the folder slacker radio was in, Now i have nothing in the media slide lol.
    01-25-11 08:11 PM
    Try finding slacker via the Universal search. If it does show up there, it will just be a matter of locating it.

FYI... If/when you find it, highlight the icon, go to Menu> Move to Folder, and select the Media folder. It will then appear in the Media pane.

01-25-11 08:20 PM
    Actually niether of these worked Guys. I am so lost and confused............It is an awesome theme too.

black and blue 3d style theme made by adorno.

Any other ideas?? I also happened to delete the folder slacker radio was in, Now i have nothing in the media slide lol.
    How can you say neither worked when you just admitted that you deleted the folder that Slacker Radio was in?!

That's exactly the folder I said the media tray is using versus the actually Media folder. I'll take a wild guess the file was called "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.Media" or something close to that.

Am I still wrong?
    01-25-11 08:25 PM
    yes it was "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.media" or something close to it. What i tried was moving slacker to the other media folder and it did not do anything, Then i deleted the other folder that was the right one it seems.

Any way to fix this?
    01-25-11 08:51 PM
    yes it was "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.media" or something close to it. What i tried was moving slacker to the other media folder and it did not do anything, Then i deleted the other folder that was the right one it seems.

Any way to fix this?
    I've tried explaining the problem to Adorno, but that got me no where. Unfortunately, the only way to get your media in the Media tray is to have them in the "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.media" file. Try switiching back to the original theme the came with the phone and then switching back to your 3D theme and hopefully that will bring back the "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.media" folder.
    01-25-11 09:32 PM
    ok, so it seems like a simple one to me, is there in the theme, any weblinks added by the seller, be it to their website or wherever? if there are weblinks added in the OS6 UI themes, then it breaks the slides. believe me i found that out the hard way, cos ya gotta remake the theme from scratch to fix it.

so if there is a weblink, then you cant fix this yourself, only the seller can fix by removing link and rebuilding theme from scratch. if it doesnt have any weblinks (dont forget to check hidden items too) then a battery pull is needed when ya first activate a theme on the torch (not sure if this is a new OS6 thing as we dont have anything to compare against.
    01-25-11 09:40 PM
    ok, so it seems like a simple one to me, is there in the theme, any weblinks added by the seller, be it to their website or wherever? if there are weblinks added in the OS6 UI themes, then it breaks the slides. believe me i found that out the hard way, cos ya gotta remake the theme from scratch to fix it.

so if there is a weblink, then you cant fix this yourself, only the seller can fix by removing link and rebuilding theme from scratch. if it doesnt have any weblinks (dont forget to check hidden items too) then a battery pull is needed when ya first activate a theme on the torch (not sure if this is a new OS6 thing as we dont have anything to compare against.
    Sad that the seller/theme creator couldn't just tell me that when I asked about 10 times. Thanks for taking the time to address the issue.

Yes there is a weblink, so as I was telling the original poster, sadly the only thing we can do is put the media in the "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.media" folder I've mentioned. Then all the media will appear in the Media tray, as they do one my phone (I also bought a theme for this seller).

Thanks again for explaining why it's like this.
    01-25-11 09:45 PM
    i must admit iv had differing results with placing items in the media folder as to if they show in the slide or not, so hey if it works thats cool, but when i broke my themes by adding weblinks (and had to rebuild from scratch to fix ) it didnt work, maybe thats OS related too?

also dont let people fob ya off with the `lockscreen image cant be changed` malarky, because it can, check out my affinity theme in mobihand thats free if ya need proof

also in adorno`s (or anyone elses) defense, i only found this out as i was building themes and testing on my phone, and basically i`ll do the setup, test, add the icons, test, and it happened when i added the link, so i could narrow it down to that, some others a) might not have a torch to test on and b) simply might not of noticed.

either way, glad i could help

edit: oh and the icon order should always stay the same in OS6 so it seems, unless the theme maker moves the order themselves. (i never do cos it winds me up just as much as the next person lol)
    01-25-11 09:52 PM
    Hey everyone. It worked and its all good again.

Thanks!

01-26-11 05:02 PM
    I have the same theme as the OP and don't have any items appearing in the media slide. how do i find the "net_rim_bb_file_explorer.media" file?

Thanks
    01-26-11 05:40 PM
    The fix to this is so easy you'll wanna slap yourself for being so ignorant lol. From your home screen goto OPTIONS which bringsup your default theme options if that's what your running. Scroll to the bottom and select RESET SETTINGS. Check the boxes for LAYOUT and ICON ARRANGEMENT. And then just like magic everything is back where you started. Your MEDIA tray is repopulated. Yay you don't have to smash your Blackberry now!

1425956 likes this.
    02-06-11 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD