Really? Well don't you just look stupid as **** now
    nope, that would be someone spending countless amounts of time on an internet page trolling around and waiting to scold someone on their choice of product qualifies them as "stupid as ****". maybe even a little pathetic and sad.

get a life keyboard cowboy. and tell your little followers to get off your twig and berries.
    Last edited by Jackson76; 12-03-10 at 03:06 PM.
    12-03-10 03:01 PM
    Curious as to how you think your going to assemble a laptop for so much cheaper when it consists of at the time, top of the line components. Laptop parts aren't cheap and at the time it had the fastest gpu on the globe for laptops, one of the fastest i7s with ddr3 obs. Now how are you going to assemble a stable laptop with those components yourself? maybe now its possible. If you want a gaming laptop you don't make one, you buy one period. HD screen, custom motherboard, all LED. Its pretty much GL on that =)
    12-04-10 02:53 AM
    I swore this thread was about Zagg screens, must be a glitch.
    12-04-10 06:21 AM
    I swore this thread was about Zagg screens, must be a glitch.
    I actually thought it was dead.

Ok who smells the testosterone in this thread as of the last 10 or so posts? WTF cares about an alienware laptop(every laptop is overpriced). After all this is a blackberry forum not a pc forum.

FYI.....
    Anyone with a little bit of pc knowledge and time, can build a laptop comparable if not better for half the price you payed dell for the alienware(dell did buy them out). Goes for desktops also, or pretty much anything these days. If you can do it yourself it will cost you half the price.
    Last edited by homer1475; 12-04-10 at 06:50 AM.
    12-04-10 06:48 AM
    FYI.....
    Anyone with a little bit of pc knowledge and time, can build a laptop comparable if not better for half the price you payed dell for the alienware(dell did buy them out). Goes for desktops also, or pretty much anything these days. If you can do it yourself it will cost you half the price.
    THANK you...
    12-04-10 11:12 AM
    If you want a gaming laptop you don't make one, you buy one period
    that quote right there just negates any knowledge you claim to have on the topic....
    12-04-10 11:13 AM
    I don't care what anyone says. I7s run incredibly hot in laptops, with the insaine amount of cooling on mine. I could talk you till I'm blue in the face about hardware. By the sounds of it, either one of you know much about rigs. I bought my laptop a year ago when the technology was fresh. Even asus at the time was making gaming laptops somewhat similar but no match for 2000. These guys were all over the net for such a great "price"

Now technology has come to a stalemate for the past year, which means in the pc industry, things get cheaper and cheaper. I'm also from canada where everything is more expensive. Prime examples of price drops, dominator gts were going for 500 british pounds, 6 months later my friend bought them for 250 cad. I7 940 coming in at a whopping 1000+, now you can get a 950 for 300 cad which is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by brettmyster; 12-04-10 at 02:19 PM.
    12-04-10 02:14 PM
    .........lol. people that feel the need to justify themselves over the internet are sad. good luck Forest
    Nuff said.... Lol

12-04-10 03:45 PM
    Hummmm, thisnwas about ZAGG was it not?
    12-05-10 10:30 AM
    Hummmm, thisnwas about ZAGG was it not?
    Yes, which led to the fact they made protectors for alienware.
    12-05-10 06:31 PM
    Okay...

So, whether or not you have a shield is the "armor" so thick you can't use a case?

I'd like to try a zagg or any other product but my concern is, it'll be so thick I won't be able to put my otterbox on it.

Please let me know, if you can.

12-05-10 08:25 PM
    @yofern, these products are so thin that they rarely interfere with a case. There
    may be one or two types but the OtterBox cases are not in that group.
    12-05-10 10:28 PM
    Anyone had trouble fitting a Full Body ZAGG protector to their 9800? I got one as I've had one on my Omnia for two years and I've been really happy with it (don't want to start that argument again! Let's just say it's the cheapest FBP product availabe in the UK... that I could find anyway).

Just tried fitting it and I cannot get the pieces to match up anywhere on the Torch. Is it just me? Have I got a faulty one? Didn't have any problems with the Omnia one.

(Sorry if this brings up old arguments, but I didn't want to start a new thread that would lead to a whole new thread of old arguments! )
    04-17-11 10:39 AM
    Anyone had trouble fitting a Full Body ZAGG protector to their 9800? I got one as I've had one on my Omnia for two years and I've been really happy with it (don't want to start that argument again! Let's just say it's the cheapest FBP product availabe in the UK... that I could find anyway).

Just tried fitting it and I cannot get the pieces to match up anywhere on the Torch. Is it just me? Have I got a faulty one? Didn't have any problems with the Omnia one.

(Sorry if this brings up old arguments, but I didn't want to start a new thread that would lead to a whole new thread of old arguments! )
    I bhave the zagg ful body. Easy to install, had no trouble... It is possible yoursd is defective. They offer warranty replacements, check out their web site, they also have videos on how to install it, that might give you some guidance on what all the pieces are for...

04-17-11 12:06 PM
    Hey Brett, could you take a picture of the back cover with the zagg on, I only have the front, I didn't get the back because i thought it would look funny with all the ridges on the battery cover.If it looks nice I'll purchase one for my back cover,thanks
    04-17-11 12:10 PM
    OK, after a lot of faffing about I did finally manage to get it on. I'm still not impressed with the fit, but I guess "most body coverage" is better than none at all!

As I said before, I've done this once already with my Omnia so it's not like I buggered it up because I didn't know what I was doing, I just don't think this fits as well. Is the Torch a different size in America to the UK? Seems a bit of a long shot, but that might be the problem?

Aomar7, here's a quick pic of the back of mine:

Don't think it looks too bad but, to be honest, had I not had that part I wouldn't have missed it. I don't think the battery cover really needs this protection being as it's rubbery to start with. I think it's personal choice as to wether or not you want to buy that part.
    Last edited by Exinferis; 04-18-11 at 08:11 AM.
    04-18-11 08:09 AM
    Thats actually not bad, I just thought the ridges on the battery door cover would affect the zagg shield causing major air bubbles, but I guess not. Thanks
    04-18-11 09:00 PM
    that looks like a great job.
    04-18-11 11:10 PM
    That was the easy bit!
    04-19-11 07:29 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD