Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default zagg

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Check out Full Body Maximum Coverage for $24.99

Ordered mine last night for my RMA torch on the way! Haha I hated using my otterbox case. May aswell carry a blunt axe around with me while im at it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Have you ever had a zagg product before? If not, I doubt you'll like its feel on your screen. Way to "sticky" and ends up with that orange peel effect.

Don't get me wrong it's a great product(used it for years on my curve and pearl before that), but on a touch screen its not very practical.

I have switched to Ghost Armour, same product, same warranty, but not as thick and not any where near as sticky, also it doesn't get that orange peel look.

Ghost Armor | Product Info

Haha just looked.... Same price too.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Zagg is having a 50% off sale on Mon, Nov 29th for the Cyber Monday Sale. Just FYI
    Follow me on twitter: @vecharo

On ATT -- Rockin my Z10 STL 100-3!

Was this post helpful? If so please give me a thanks. It's right over here
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,064 Global Posts

Love the zagg on the screen. Don't use it on the rest of the Torch as eventually if you want to place hard case on it. It doesn't fit properly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I definetely want it all over the phone. I hate my otter case its really nice with the silicone and all, but like I said its like carrying a blunt axe. I have used zagg on my iphones and its a great protector and Ive never experianced this sticky sensation you mention. I have just the protector on my torch atm, Havent noticed any touch problems other than the touch on this phone just isnt as good as iphones thats all.
    CrackBerry Genius

To each their own, It's the reason there are so many different products on the market.

Personally I don't like the feel of the zagg on my screen, makes it feel like it's plastic and dragging is kinda odd feeling(like it's sticky) like my finger skips across the screen.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Abuser

i've had the zagg on mine for a few months now and no complaints. yeah, it's got a slight "sticky" feeling to it, but it doesn't hinder any swiping motion for me. also, the slight "sticky" feeling gives me the additional piece of mind that it's not going to slip out of my hand if i'm carrying it with my fingers on the screen.

re. the otterbox, i was seriously thinking about getting the commuter, but i love the convenience of my charging pod, and it won't work with that, so i'm gonna stick with combo of the zagg protection and the pod for now.

enjoy your zagg protection!

GO FOR THE 50% OFF DEAL!
    Last edited by mataleao; 11-30-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,024 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

I have Zagg on my Torch and love it. It gives it a little extra grip but does not feel sticky or slow the screen swiping. But like everything, some people love it while others hate it. I find it protects the screen very well especially since I carry it in my pocket most of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Seriously, the BSE cost less at regular price than the Invisible Shield costs on sale
    and despite their claims it is the same damn material.

Then there is the Stealth Guard protector which is free, just pay $2.85 for shipping.

Zagg is a massive ripoff
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I have the ZAGG too (full coverage) and I AM QUITE HAPPY.
    AMAZINGLYGRACELESS, Everybody is different. You don`t like it, well good for you mate. Me, I have been using ZAGG for about 3 years now and I would not change it for another company. Product and service have always been good for me and my stuff.
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by hboutin View Post
    AMAZINGLYGRACELESS, Everybody is different. You don`t like it, well good for you mate. Me, I have been using ZAGG for about 3 years now and I would not change it for another company. Product and service have always been good for me and my stuff.
    I never said I don't like the product. What I did say is there are two viable and
    much less expensive options to what Zagg offers. Learn how to read please.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,064 Global Posts

I use ZAGG on some of my devices but recently trying the Stealth Guards as mentioned by amazinglygraceless and its an equivalent product you just don't get the application solution.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    Seriously, the BSE cost less at regular price than the Invisible Shield costs on sale
    and despite their claims it is the same damn material.

Then there is the Stealth Guard protector which is free, just pay $2.85 for shipping.

Zagg is a massive ripoff
    I disagree. FULL coverage for 15 dollars today on cyber monday with 2 dollars shipping was a great deal. Zagg has a huge name for itself and they back their product well.

Also if your so confident they are the exact same product, take a engraver to yours and peel it off and lets see what happens lol.
    Last edited by brettmyster; 11-30-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    CrackBerry User

anyone who thinks the screen is sticky when installing the invisible shield... simply doesnt know how to install it properly. i install at LEAST 5 a day at work for Best Buy Mobile... if u install it properly and let it dry properly its as smooth as a baby's bottom... haha. personally installed mine too and its wonderful, ive tried ghost armor, invis shield, stealthguards, clear-cut protector or w.e. their called and many more with many different devices (iPhone, HTC magic etc.) and by FAR invis shield is worth every penny. when i dropped my Torch (yes i know =() the ghost armor shield got pierced by rocks and scratched my device... tried it with the invis shield on... and no damage what so ever do to rocks piercing.
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by brettmyster View Post
    I disagree. FULL coverage for 15 dollars today on cyber monday with 2 dollars shipping was a great deal. Zagg has a huge name for itself and they back their product well.

Also if your so confident they are the exact same product, take a engraver to yours and peel it off and lets see what happens lol.
    You can disagree to your hearts content, it will not change the facts regarding
    material or cost. But yeah, keep defending your decision to overpay for a product
    while there are other and equal options available.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by brettmyster View Post
    You first.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

AMAZINGLYGRACELESS, if you're not happy with it, that's your problem. It seems that the majority here are in fact happy with ZAGG. If you want to buy something else, go ahead, it's your money.
    As for the remarks you have been posting, you might want to keep it more civil and try not to be offended by other comments, It is after all, a forum where people come to ask questions and exchange opinions.

"I never said I don't like the product. What I did say is there are two viable and
    much less expensive options to what Zagg offers. Learn how to read please."

Learn how to relax mate
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by hboutin View Post
    AMAZINGLYGRACELESS, if you're not happy with it, that's your problem.
    Oh what the H3LL!! Is reading comprehension that much of a problem now.

At NO POINT did I say I do not like the Invisible Shield. What I did say, for the
    last ******* time, is that there are TWO very viable and less costly options and
    that they are made of the same goddamn material.

Learn how to ******* read!
    CrackBerry Genius

I think someones panties are in a bunch today ^^
    Cell Phone History:

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

I find it ironic that at the bottom of that angry, rambling post he/she has the Posting Rules & Guidelines.

I'm assuming he/she is a teenager by the fact that the trigger was pulled so quick to use profanity as a way to emphasize a point.
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    I think someones panties are in a bunch today ^^
    Rather than dealing with the substantive matters in my
    posts you bring out this stupidity. Bravo. Your mom must be proud of you and
    your stellar level of perspicacity.
    CrackBerry Addict

AG is not a teenager and probably knows more about BB that most people here. He has the highest post count on the forum and the majority of those posts were helping others with problems.

I think he is just frustrated that nobody is actually reading what he is saying and making assumptions about him and his opinions.
    Thanked by:
    amazinglygraceless (11-30-2010) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    Rather than dealing with the substantive matters in my
    posts you bring out this stupidity. Bravo. Your mom must be proud of you and
    your stellar level of perspicacity.
    So because I decided not to tear you a new one for all the profanity used in your post and tried to lighten it up .... now I'm stupid?

For someone that has 15k posts and a well respected member of this community, I have yet to see as of late, a useful post from you, but rather more like contradiction or sarcasm to anyone that doesn't bend to your way of thinking.

Also did you just go back to like fifth grade by insulting how my mom raised me?

Bravo to one of the most well respected member of this community.
    Cell Phone History:

Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    AG is not a teenager and probably knows more about BB that most people here. He has the highest post count on the forum and the majority of those posts were helping others with problems.

I think he is just frustrated that nobody is actually reading what he is saying and making assumptions about him and his opinions.
    Thank you. You are the only person who sees that I am not slamming any
    product. I am just offering options and that is one of the things we do best here.

I'm just annoyed by the IS users who think I am debasing their choice. I'm not. And I defy anyone to find a post where I said the IS is garbage.
    Retired Mod

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    So because I decided not to tear you a new one for all the profanity used in your post and tried to lighten it up .... now I'm stupid?

For someone that has 15k posts and a well respected member of this community, I have yet to see as of late, a useful post from you, but rather more like contradiction or sarcasm to anyone that doesn't bend to your way of thinking.

Also did you just go back to like fifth grade by insulting how my mom raised me?

Bravo to one of the most well respected member of this community.
    I don't expect anyone to agree with me and really don't care about post
    count or respect. I am ME. Period. You don't like what I post, fine. Don't read
    them or better yet, throw me in your ignore list. Problem solved.

I am 100% unvarnished and proud of that, deal with it or get the **** out
    of my face.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast