I have the Torch and lately eventhough I have a 3G signal it still stops frequently and buffers. What can I do to stop this? Is it an app that may be interfering with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 12:36 PM
    Nope it has always happened to me. I assumed it was AT&T 3G coverage as on my storm 1 with verizon I rarely had this issue. If I do not have 3 or more 3G bars it will never play. Problem for me is I don't get a strong signal with at&t in my area. Would be nice if RIM would develope an app that buffers while the video is paused. I think it only buffers a few seconds ahead as of now.

11-08-10 12:59 PM
    that is a bit odd i don't experience that issue...i wonder if u are at the edge of 3g coverage and speeds r slower? Have u tried running a speed test? go to dslreports and run a mobile speed test.
    11-08-10 01:12 PM
    that is a bit odd i don't experience that issue...i wonder if u are at the edge of 3g coverage and speeds r slower? Have u tried running a speed test? go to dslreports and run a mobile speed test.
    Didn't know they had a mobile, I shall try this!

11-08-10 01:22 PM
    Says not compatible with BlackBerry browsers....booo! I do notice at work I am always going from 3G to EDGE and never have a solid signal.

11-08-10 01:25 PM
    i just did mine.... 3G with full 5 bars.... if I'm reading it correctly, i am doing 577kbps.

there are more "statistics.." listed below the 557 number which say "alltime" and "today". are those my stat numbers also?

if so, they list EDGE @ 134kbps, 3G @ 943kbps, and Wifi (which I'm not connected to currently) @ 3383kbps.....

anyway... what do you guys think... sound right. good, bad....
    11-08-10 07:04 PM
    I don't work on NodeBs but I am pretty sure data in UMTS is not a dedicated radio like it is in CDMA. That means if it needs the channel for voice, data is dropped. It is also a shared resource so if 1 user is on a 1Mbps pipe things are good but if 2 or 3 show up and all try to YouTube, it drops to 333Kbps per user...

11-08-10 07:41 PM

I am facing this problem even on wi-fi. Any Youtube video I open plays for sometime (like 20-30 sec) and then I get this 'Buffering' message. I'm not able to watch any video completely. Any ideas?

It just now happened with the Conan video...

12-23-10 07:28 PM
    I hav a bb bold an wen I'm on youtube it constantly says bufferin how can I stop dis

09-12-11 05:22 AM
    I only have edge via T-mobile and I almost NEVER have buffering. Maybe it's AT+T's network being great again.
    09-12-11 01:34 PM
    Its ATT and BB connection. I ran a test comparing the 9800 to IP4 on 3G in my house and the IP4 blew it away

Oh well, at least we still have a QWERTY keyboards and BBM

09-13-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD