Can anyone help plz... I have the new verion os .246 n everytime I try to watch video on youtube but it won't works. I keep getting the msg 'An error has occurred attempting to play media'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kelvin_M; 10-05-10 at 03:25 PM.
    10-05-10 03:11 PM
    Well, which carrier are you using? Do you have a unlocked Torch by any chance? If that's the case u may need to install your carrier's Service Books into the phone. I had the same problem with my Storm 2 from Vodafone. It won't play youtube videos, but installing the AT&T service books solved the problem.
    10-05-10 03:26 PM
    Well, which carrier are you using? Do you have a unlocked Torch by any chance? If that's the case u may need to install your carrier's Service Books into the phone. I had the same problem with my Storm 2 from Vodafone. It won't play youtube videos, but installing the AT&T service books solved the problem.
    Thx for reply, I got the phone from AT&T but I'm with rogers n it's unlock already. I installed the service books from rogers because it has the language input for chinese which AT&T doesn't provide.

10-05-10 03:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/yo...probem-535011/ <---- HERE

check it out, had the same problem then stumbled apon a different link that looks to be a blackberry specific URL. I think our new WebKit browser isnt being recongnised as Blackberry yet on some places (or something).

I think this is why they put the little "Youtube" app/icon/shortcut thing in our media folder now...
    Last edited by MadGoat1979; 10-05-10 at 03:52 PM.
    10-05-10 03:50 PM
    This is weird, I think only AT&T has this problem with youtube bc my friend bought bbt from rogers in canada n he has no problem with youtube. I tried to clean the web history n I even tried the alt LGLG to clean the log but still having the same msg

10-05-10 04:04 PM
    Thx for reply, I got the phone from AT&T but I'm with rogers n it's unlock already. I installed the service books from rogers because it has the language input for chinese which AT&T doesn't provide.

May just need to reinstall the rogers service books. I had to do that everytime I upgraded the OS...for some reason the updates would wipe my service books and reinstall the default carrier books. Then here I go again reinstalling the AT&T books just so that the device would be recognized by their servers. Talk about hassle.
    10-05-10 04:08 PM
    May just need to reinstall the rogers service books. I had to do that everytime I upgraded the OS...for some reason the updates would wipe my service books and reinstall the default carrier books. Then here I go again reinstalling the AT&T books just so that the device would be recognized by their servers. Talk about hassle.
    Maybe I should try that... Thx

10-05-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD