If any of you has a BlackBerry Torch made in Hungary, please post your experience regarding build-quality here.

Are you satisfied with it or are you experiencing build-quality issues such as wobbly sliding mechanisms, button overlays that peel or lift at the edges, or stiff keys that do not have a click response?

Let us know.
    09-08-10 04:24 PM
    mine is made in mexico and had the wobbly mechanism anyway: I disassembled it and put elettrical tape in the weak point of the mecchanism....so now there is no wobbly while typing with virtual keyboard!
    09-08-10 05:54 PM
    My Torch was made in Mexico as well and I'm not having any hardware issues.
    09-08-10 06:02 PM
    I honestly start to think that the wobbly issue isnt in connection from the production place but from a different type of mechanism stocks...so its not a located problem!
    09-08-10 06:07 PM
    Mine is made in hungary no problems after 3 weeks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 06:32 PM
    could be useful to disassembled a "good torch" and a "bad one" and check for hardware differences in the slider mecchanism to understand from where the wobbly issue come from...
    09-08-10 07:21 PM
    ok dumb question...how do know where your bb was made?
    09-09-10 04:40 PM
    Pull your battery and look at the manufacturer's label.

09-09-10 07:36 PM
    The hungarian made make you sound like Bela Lugosi and the mexican like Speedy Gonzalez

Look at the box, says it there

09-09-10 07:39 PM
    This has been done for a lot of different models. There's never any real correlation between being assembled at a certain plant and certain hardware defects.
    09-09-10 07:48 PM
    Mine says made in Canada. I haven't heard anyone else say that they have a Canadian model.

09-09-10 08:47 PM
    Made in Mexico and no problems
    09-09-10 09:31 PM
    My first was Mexico 4 build had loose slider and button label lifted after two weeks. Second one is Mexico 5 build and so far no issues.
    09-09-10 10:15 PM
    I have researched in several fora and, so far, I have not read of a user complaining of a Torch with build-quality issues.
    09-11-10 09:50 AM
    Mine's made in Canada... no issues regarding build quality. My 5th BB and the best experience ever.
    09-11-10 10:20 AM
    I have a Mexico 5 and beside minor light leakage around the call & menu button/slight wiggle it's practically perfect
    09-12-10 12:23 PM
    I am using third torch and I found that Torch which was 'Made in Hungry' had some problems with wifi connectivity and youtube streaming, also wobbly sliding, sound from back cover while typing using physical keyboard. Although torch from 'Made in Mexico' and 'Made in Canada' works perfectly fine.
    05-13-11 08:22 PM
    My first torch was made from Hungry had wobble issues, although my friend, same location no wobble. Changed to a Mexico build, no wobble. No connection on build location and quality IMO.
    05-13-11 09:15 PM
    Mine says made in Canada. I haven't heard anyone else say that they have a Canadian model.

Damn, you have a Made in Canada Torch? Wanna trade?

Mine is Made in Mexico. The top part of the battery cover is loose. The first one I had, the battery cover was loose on the bottom. The top one is driving me nuts. Other than that, it's great.
    05-14-11 11:16 PM
    Mine is made in Hungary. No issues here. Brilliant quality.
    05-16-11 06:22 PM
    Mines made in Hungary. Second one i've recieved and the buttons below the screen are loose, showing light through and not feeling "flush" with the phone. Wobbly slider. and loose battery cover.
    06-03-11 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD