- CrackBerry Addict
01-22-13, 12:19 PM #2
- 649 Posts
- :x secret
Can you take a screen shot so we can see what you are talking about?GRIFFIN UP SAAB 9-3
BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / BlackBerry Storm 9530 / BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 / BlackBerry Bold 9650 / BlackBerry Bold 9930 / BlackBerry Zed+ Q(White)10 (not active)+ BlackBerry Zed 30+ Q(Black)10
BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB / 32GB / 64GB
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-22-13, 12:35 PM #3
- 144 Posts
Re: A yellow star on my screen
this is a marketing gimmick someone came up with over at blackberry to sell apps.
to get rid of it,
go to your messages inbox
look for a message with a black star beside it
if you click on the message, it will take you to app world to buy the silly app
delete the message,and the star goes away.
some dumb spam marketing move by someone I guess.
- 07-15-13, 08:47 PM #7
@ummusabbar & @BlackBerryGirlsMum: That star icon is a remnant from an installed theme (girly theme that is), that one particular icon stays behind even though you have changed the theme.
I haven't yet test it if you un-install the theme will make that star icon go away for good or not, please try it and then let us know in this forum.
Last edited by Joe Clean; 07-16-13 at 01:33 AM. Reason: grammar correction
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-17-13, 01:38 AM #8
- 150 Posts
- Ask and you shall receive...
Its one of those annoying apps pushing you spam, there are plenty of threads regarding this. Just delete the ad from your messages list but I'm sure they will push you more junk later.
Sent from my Crackberry using Tapatalk
- By jburks1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-10, 03:10 AM
- By dfl914 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-19-10, 10:36 AM
- By lillygirl7 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-07, 03:25 PM
- By Trickstar in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 11-26-07, 12:26 PM
- By rkwhyte2 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-07-07, 07:24 AM