Hello. Is there a way to push a few gmail accounts and yahoo to my BB email application? I'm completely green/new.

Update:
    I tried this video, but when I tried entering my yahoo account in the login screen it said "the user name is invalid A user name must be at least 4 characters"

YouTube - BlackBerry's Channel
    Last edited by J2TheD; 02-28-11 at 07:29 PM. Reason: updated info
    02-28-11 07:28 PM
    First of all you need a Blackberry Data plan. Once thats good, go to: Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Email Account and create your account and set up your Gmail and Yahoo accounts from there.

If it only gives you an option for Enterprise Email Account then you don't have the right data plan on the account

As well if you want to sync your google calendar and contacts you need to download Google Sync
    J2TheD likes this.
    02-28-11 07:30 PM
    For Yahoo (works great!):

Yahoo!� Mail for BlackBerry�

Sorry, can't help with Gmail.
    02-28-11 07:30 PM
    I'm hoping I can get all my email accounts into one application if possible.

I have a data plan and my email setup screen doesn't have an option for "internet email account"

My setup screen looks like this. http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-conten.../TorchSS03.jpg
    02-28-11 07:42 PM
    You can. Use the email accounts option to setup multiple accounts. By default they will all appear in Messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    J2TheD likes this.
    02-28-11 08:17 PM
    So given what you gave in your update, you were able to select "Internet Email Account"? For the page where you get the error can you give a screenshot?
    02-28-11 08:25 PM
    Unless you have a grandfathered in or paid Yahoo account, it won't work on your BB. I have 3 Gmail accoumts without a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 08:56 PM
    You absolutely do not need to have a "grandfathered in or paid Yahoo account" for it to work on a BlackBerry. Any Yahoo account will work. I have 3 on my BlackBerry one of which was set up in the last month.

You do, however, need an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    02-28-11 09:10 PM
    I'm hoping I can get all my email accounts into one application if possible.

I have a data plan and my email setup screen doesn't have an option for "internet email account"

My setup screen looks like this. http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-conten.../TorchSS03.jpg
    On your setup screen, pick "Email Accounts". What are your options after that?

As said, as long as you have a Blackberry Data plan, you can put up to ten email accounts on your blackberry. This includes Yahoo, Gmail, etc. I have multiple Yahoo and Gmail accounts on my blackberry. No "grandfathering" or anything. It works.

And you can see all the messages in the Messages folder or choose to look at them in their individual inbox.
    J2TheD likes this.
    02-28-11 11:21 PM
    i got 3 yahoo accounts, 1 gmail account and an at&t account all going to my BB, no problem.
    J2TheD likes this.
    03-01-11 01:50 AM
    Great to hear that this should work then

After I pick "Email Accounts" I see a login screen. I've tried logging in with all of my email accounts, but nothing works. I keep getting the "the user name is invalid A user name must be at least 4 characters" message.

I re-registered my device and then tried again. This time I was able to select "internet email account", but it took me to the same login screen above and the same error message appeared.

Any ideas?
    03-01-11 08:50 AM
    That is your blackberry login screen, you may have to call Koodo to confirm your data plan.

It should not ask your for a username and password, just which email type you have
    J2TheD likes this.
    03-01-11 09:06 AM
    So this blackberry login screen is different than my email I'm guessing. I have no idea what my username is then.

I've gone to the "Forgot Password" screen and I've tried entering different things for my usernmae and it keeps saying my password has been sent to my device, but I do not receive anything. It just seems to accept anything for my username.
    03-01-11 10:16 AM
    Koodo tech support directed me to this page of their "FAQs". He said to use the "Emailing With The Blackberry Curve" answer.

BlackBerry : How To Guides | Koodo Mobile

I do not have an option to "Setup new account", I still get my "Existing Users" screen when I'm into "Email Setup".
    03-01-11 10:23 AM
    Any ideas folks?

When I go to Setup > Email Accounts, I am immediately shown a log-in screen. I have no idea what the UN/PW is for this screen and none of my email accounts will work if I try to log-in using their credentials.
    03-02-11 01:52 PM
    like the earlier poster said, that login screen is your account with Koodoo for the Blackberry Internet Service "BIS". If you didn't get this info when you set up with Koodoo, just call them and they can give you the username for your Koodoo account and allow you to reset your password. Once you login past this screen, you will be requested to provide the email addresses and their respective passwords so your BB device can get those messages.

Once you do this, be careful which calendar settings your are using. Best to pick one email account and use it's calendar exclusively - trust me, can really minimize confusion.
    J2TheD likes this.
    03-02-11 02:12 PM
    Thanks for explaining that Patrick. I did not understand it earlier.

I phoned Koodo and she gave me some instructions, but I'm a bit on my own since it's not a "supported" handset.

Where on the Torch do I find the Internet Connection/APN Profile? I need to enter the APN address, port and proxy server.

She also advised me to setup MMS. I just need to find the Message Centre / MMS gateway spot to enter the the MMSC URL, Proxy server and Port.

Thanks
    03-02-11 06:00 PM
    UPDATE:

I found some APN info under Options > Device > Advanced > TCP IP. It only had a spot for the APN address and I apparently am supposed to enter the proxy server (74.49.0.18) and port (80).

I entered what I could and then removed the battery and sim card as the Koodo tech told me to, but when I powered on and went to setup my email account I still had the same login screen as before.

This leads me to believe I still need to enter the remaining APN info some place as well as the MMS info. Any ideas where I should look for that??
    Last edited by J2TheD; 03-03-11 at 08:38 AM.
    03-03-11 07:50 AM
    You have to setup a BIS account, simple as that. When you goto "setup" and then to email accounts, then select internet mail account and you see a login screen right there, that means you do NOT have a BIS account, so create one or contact your carrier...or go here from a pc BlackBerry Internet Service
    03-03-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD