Hi I bought a new battery from ebay.. after i put the new one on. its sshowing a battery sign top of that x sign.. any idea.. i google it.. somesay its aftermarket and BB put some kind of code on the original battery or something.. its theres any way to solve this probelm
    07-05-11 12:27 PM
    You need a special device where you place your OEM battery in and then the knockoff, then the knockoff gets... i dont know the word, programmed? adapted? authenticated? and then you can use it on the device. It needs to be done to all non OEM, or not certified by the OEM batteries as they dont carry the cryptographic IC OEM batteries do.
    Seen a thread about this, and this was the only reply. Figured it's probably right and addresses your issue.
    07-05-11 12:33 PM
    I ran into the same exact issue after buying a replacement battery that wasn't O.E.M. But to be honest, I couldn't find any reference to that on Google, spoke to tech support at ATT and tech support at Research In Motion and none of them had ever heard of such a device. So I went back to where I purchased the battery and convinced the manager to take the replacement back and ordered me an O.E.M. for the same price. Not saying that GBSN is wrong, just that I couldn't find any reference to a battery coding device making non O.E.M.'s compatible with the BB.
    07-05-11 08:30 PM
    I ran into the same exact issue after buying a replacement battery that wasn't O.E.M. But to be honest, I couldn't find any reference to that on Google, spoke to tech support at ATT and tech support at Research In Motion and none of them had ever heard of such a device. So I went back to where I purchased the battery and convinced the manager to take the replacement back and ordered me an O.E.M. for the same price. Not saying that GBSN is wrong, just that I couldn't find any reference to a battery coding device making non O.E.M.'s compatible with the BB.
    You can find it on ebay, its not news, its the only way to get non oem/certified batteries to work on blackberry smartphones. You just forgot to search on the #1 knockoff marketplace.

edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BATTERY-BLAC...item20baa51655

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Battery-Blac...item4154e2badc
    Last edited by gbsn; 07-05-11 at 10:14 PM.
    Yamaha Racer likes this.
    07-05-11 10:08 PM
    You can find it on ebay, its not news, its the only way to get non oem/certified batteries to work on blackberry smartphones. You just forgot to search on the #1 knockoff marketplace.

edit:

NEW BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY FS1 F-S1 9800 TORCH | eBay

New Battery for BlackBerry BB Torch FS1 F-S1 | eBay
    +1 . Non-oem, or "counterfit" battery... Most of them on ebay ship with the code copier. Perhaps try purchasing just the copier, or try and get your money back from wherever you bought, if they did not explain it correctly, and then purchase an OEM battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 06:58 AM
    Hi all,

I lost my original FS1 battery, i bought a new one non-oem and i receive the code copier. How can i do ti make it work without the original battery ????

Thx. (sorry for my english)
    08-11-11 01:50 AM
    Hi all,

I lost my original FS1 battery, i bought a new one non-oem and i receive the code copier. How can i do ti make it work without the original battery ????

Thx. (sorry for my english)
    As far as i know, you need the OEM so the non-OEM can be "authenticated" with it. Without the OEM, the fake one can't fake the signing as there is no original code to copy from.
    08-11-11 01:53 AM
    I'm having this problem as well, got a bb torch 9800 as a present from my friend, but it doesn't come with a battery too, got the x sign on every battery i tried. Now i got a sale for a OEM battery from amazon, and now im wondering if i still need a code copier?
    12-12-12 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD