hi all,

i've had the 9800 since launch here in canada and im thinking of goin back to the bold....its lighter and smaller also has better battery life.

i just dont use the touch screen as much but do like the laarger screen....

but what would u do?
    02-22-11 08:14 PM
    Nope. Screen too small/10.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 08:15 PM
    Nope, screen too small and I like the touch screen. I'm loving the Torch and can't see me ever going back to the small screen.
    02-22-11 08:24 PM
    +1 here. Love the size of the screen and when I tried to use 9700 series its definitely a joke.

I understand someone argue bold keyboard is the best but IMO torch keyboard is also useable as well.

Never go back to 97xx again.

02-22-11 08:32 PM
    I did just this. Had a company 9700, got the Torch when it came out. Found I used the physical keyboard 90% of the time and missed the smaller form factor, but loved OS 6.

So, I ended up getting the 9780 and love it. Super happy so far, except for the key repeat bug...
    02-22-11 08:49 PM
    I did just this. Had a company 9700, got the Torch when it came out. Found I used the physical keyboard 90% of the time and missed the smaller form factor, but loved OS 6.

So, I ended up getting the 9780 and love it. Super happy so far, except for the key repeat bug...
    maybe the key repeat bug is a software issue?

i miss the bold form factor and want to go back...i know im goin to miss the torch
    02-22-11 08:52 PM
    No more little candy bar bb for me, give me bigger screen and 2 type of KB

02-22-11 09:23 PM
    Same story here, had a 9700, couldn't wait for the 9780 and I wanted OS 6, so I got the Torch, didn't like it, returned it and got a 9780. I love the Bold form factor, the keyboard, and the battery.

The Torch has the best screen though.
    02-22-11 10:57 PM
    Heck No plain and simple.

02-22-11 11:17 PM
    Its like going from iPad to Playbook and back to the iPad. Never happening. Can't even force myself to as I fell inlove with this large capacitive touch screen. Wouldn't even go back for the keyboard either as its not that big of a difference, only took me 2 weeks to get used to this keyboard and there I was speed typing as I used to on my Bold 9000

02-22-11 11:38 PM
    Its like going from iPad to Playbook and back to the iPad. Never happening. Can't even force myself to as I fell inlove with this large capacitive touch screen. Wouldn't even go back for the keyboard either as its not that big of a difference, only took me 2 weeks to get used to this keyboard and there I was speed typing as I used to on my Bold 9000

I totally agree. OS6 was made more for touchscreen devices. When the Dakota is released, the bar form touchscreen would meet your needs but is not enough of a game-changer for me. The keyboard is the least of my concerns and battery life has also not been an issue since upgrading from the 9700 on the day when the Torch launched. In considering the Dakota versus the T2, the screen real estate alone is one feature that I would have a hard time giving up if I had to choose a minor aspect of a device to decide. But, versus the 9780, I wouldn't consider it unless it were my only alternative. I am not one of those people who have multiple device models depending on my mood. There are not enough reasons to switch to the 9780.

02-23-11 05:57 AM
    I don't own a 9700 but do "take care of" one for my boss, and I for one would never ever consider going to that form factor after using a torch. Love the huge screen and IMO OS6 is made for a touchscreen device.

After having to go back to a curve(long story I don't care to explain again at this time) I so miss my torch and cant wait until June when I can upgrade again to the torch.
    02-23-11 06:04 AM
    Before I bought the 9800 I tried BB 6 on my 9700 and was disappointed with the results. Just seemed to me 6 was made for a touch screen device. Confirmed since I moved to the 9800. I would not go back to 97xx but I might consider one of the new devices that add touch to that form factor.
    02-23-11 07:52 AM
    I had a 9800 which I crushed in an accident and I've gone to the 9700 and the Curve 3G while I wait. I was REALLY close to getting a 97800 off Amazon. However.....now that I've got a smaller screen I'm really missing my Torch.
    I don't want to spend money on a new Torch when a Torch 2 could be coming. So...I'm waiting for the Torch 2 and the Dakota.

I go back to a smaller screen all the time because my work issued phone is a 9650, but the screen is small.
    02-23-11 08:06 AM
    This is an easy one......NO

02-23-11 09:05 AM
    No.
    I like the big screen. All BB devices will eventually be touch screen and perhaps some will have the option to disable the feature for those that don't want it.
    After 3 months of use I can type as quick and efficient as I did on the much larger 8830. To be fair, I couldn't type worth a damn then and I can't now either.
    The weight has never been an issue for me. I am pretty strong guy so I can handle lifting the extra 39grams.
    The battery is a moot point. Like many, I charge it at night. If need be, it will get me through a full day and a half, at work.
    02-23-11 09:21 AM
    I type 58 word minute on my torch compare to 64 on 9700 and 70 on curve 8900, while it's true the keyboard on bold seem better, after a week of using torch my speed was back like it was before, so it's just a matter of getting comfortable with it.
    02-23-11 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD