I would buy it in a heartbeat. Bigger screen and a keyboard, that's a great combination for failing eyes and fingers to big for a touchscreen only.
    03-04-10 08:24 PM
    I'll buy it, I'll try it, if it's top heavy... I'll return it.
    03-05-10 11:57 AM
    First it's with AT&T.. Never.

Second I'm gonna stick with the Storm 3. It'll blow everyone away.. More than this one.

Third its too large and by now, almost spring 2010 or summer when it'll be released it doesn't meet expectations of today's age.
    03-05-10 04:49 PM
    I wouldn't want to be among the first set to purchase this device. If the Storm 1 has taught me anything its to be patient. That being said, I would most definitely buy one. I mean what's not to like? It incorporates pretty much the best of the two greatest smartphones ever, Treo (touch screen) and any BB (OS, functionality, ease of use, touch/track pad, keypad, etc).
    03-05-10 04:58 PM
    This device is for the kids. A god move for RIM IMHO. The young need to be introduced to the benefits of the BlackBerry and this is the way to do it. Give them something that resembles an iPhone for a Droid. Now if they could just get the browser and the OS upgraded. For the kids.
    03-06-10 12:58 AM
    I like the way it looks! although, using it as a slider vertical wise will make it top heavy and probably awkward to type, so in that aspect, I would say a horizontal slider would probably be a better game plan. I would be interested in checking it out either way though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 10:52 AM
    I'd have to hold and try it out at a store first before I decide but I am leaning towards NO, I wouldn't buy it.

The BB9700's keyboard is almost a bit too small for me. I have troubles typing and can't hit the speeds I used to get on the 9000, Curves, 8700, etc.

Maybe they'll make a landscape slider so that the keyboard can be bigger and the screen would be in the correct widescreen aspect ratio. That I would probably buy for sure.
    03-06-10 11:10 AM
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat if its on sprint bc I like the form factor. I had an lg rumor 2 before my BB and I like the sliding feature but its also a BB so I'd try it. The fact that u can use it as a "storm" or a regular BB (the physical keyboard) will make it a best buy. Plus maybe this is release of OS 6?????? Hmmmmm

03-06-10 06:06 PM
    I would need to test it out before I bought it.. but it does look mighty appealing
    03-07-10 12:19 AM

RIM is more over on earning money than making device for a particular class of people.
    but RIM must keep in mind that particular class of people made BlackBerry what it is today.
    so, don't forget that,
    experimenting is good, but
    vertical slider.....lol....

i am on 1 year contract on VodaFone IN
    so i am just taking demo of this slider ( if it made to retail version ).

Last edited by infinus; 03-07-10 at 03:34 AM.
    03-07-10 03:31 AM
    I dont have good luck with touchscreens. If it is a slider without a touchscreen, I would try it.
    03-09-10 06:25 AM
    I have a 8320 and it�s busted. I�m looking for a new phone�preferably a Blackberry�and the slider looks like a pretty nice device. I am still under contract until the end of the year and hoping that I�ll be able to get a feel for it in before I make a decision because if it was available now at T-mobile, I most likely would be ready to buy. However, after reading some people concerns I�m a little less likely to make the jump.
    03-09-10 08:07 AM
    Second I'm gonna stick with the Storm 3. It'll blow everyone away.. More than this one.
    Everyone except those legions of us who have been using BBs forever primarily because of the great physical keyboard.

I'll take the extended form factor to get a touch (and larger) screen to go with the keyboard.
    03-09-10 11:21 AM
    Everyone except those legions of us who have been using BBs forever primarily because of the great physical keyboard.
    You can't even hate on the Storm Like that man. I can text SO much faster on my Storm than anyone could probably on a Curce or their bold. The keys are larger and surepress is Great. forget all the haters
    03-09-10 06:02 PM
    I like my Tour too much
    03-09-10 06:29 PM
    Personally, I'm not a huge fan on slider phones and it really doesn't look all that appealing to me.

Would you consider purchasing the "Slider"? I know that there isn't any specs on it yet, but based on looks alone? And we could probably say for sure that the specs will be worthy.
    going out and buying it ASAP!! I LOVE the fact that its a non-surepress touchscreen AND has the full keyboard. I've had an apple for the past 6 months now and didnt mind the touch screen until it came to writing emails. It would lag, change words mid typing without me noticing (this made me spent many minutes proofreading and spell checking) and was less efficient than a physical keyboard. The whole point of a smartphone is to make things easier for the consumer, not make them a hassle and emails were just that.
    08-05-10 12:17 AM
    no ty. ill stick to the 9780 or other phones
    08-05-10 12:27 AM
    I'll stick to my opinion - wait for Torch 2
    08-05-10 12:29 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD