I have a 9630 on sprint and overall been happy, sprints plan is great for data, but the Torch looks good.

Is the torch going to run on sprint with the great plan someday? or is ATT the only game in town?
    08-10-10 10:52 AM
    How would anyone know this?
    08-10-10 11:02 AM
    No one knows if Sprint or any other US carriers will be getting the Torch. Sprint being a CDMA carrier and AT&T being GSM, my educated guess would be that Sprint won't be seeing the 9800.
    08-10-10 11:05 AM
    Currently, the Torch is only GSM
    That doesn't mean that sometime in the future (and maybe not so far off), that it will be made available for our CDMA Sprint.

Personally, I would prefer to not have the most recent phones, in favor of having a plan that gives me great coverage (Sprint works well in my neck of the woods, + I have the AirAve to fill it in), and is much more affordable. I save over 1500$ over the course of my 2yr contract compared to any other carriers.
    That in itself is worth holding off from jumping ship just for a specific phone
    08-10-10 11:13 AM
    Research the service first, before you jump ship just for a device. At&t service might not be good in your areas.
    08-10-10 11:16 AM
    I'm thinking about it! Of course I want to see 6.0 on my 9650 first and I want to see the Torch out there for a month or 2 first. BUT ATT might just get a new customer.
    08-10-10 11:23 AM
    Another consideration is if you are on an unlimited data plan. That is not an option for new AT&T customers. My two cents is that it is not worth jumping ship for the torch.

edit: Though this is coming from someone who doesn't have to jump carriers to get the Torch.
    08-10-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD