I've tried to sync wirelessly but when I try to connect its always telling me to connect to a Home network but I am. Also my computer is connected to the same router but it can't recognize it. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 07:10 PM
    I'm not sure if what I am about to say will be helpful - but I, too have had a wi-fi music sync issue or two. Please check the following.....

1. Is Wi-Fi Music Sync turned on (you can see it at the bottom left of the Berry Desktop manager. It must be on whether Desktop manager is opened or closed in order for music sync to work.

2. Did you open up the directions or learn more and execute each step in the order it was listed?

All I know is I had to go back and do those 2 steps a couple of times before I got my wii-fi music sync to work. And even if I try to music sync today I'll probably have to turn something on of off or go back and start from scratch.

Good luck!

Peace.....
    12-28-10 07:40 PM
    Yeah I have it turned on and followed all the steps but when I try to sync it its tells me to connect to a Home network but I am and my computer is connected to the same network as well. So I don't know why it won't sync at the end.

12-28-10 07:49 PM
    Yeah I have it turned on and followed all the steps but when I try to sync it its tells me to connect to a Home network but I am and my computer is connected to the same network as well. So I don't know why it won't sync at the end.

Gee - I'm sorry it's not working out for you. Wish I knew something that would help. But don't give up because wi-fi music sync is truly a wonderful thing!

Peace...
    12-28-10 07:55 PM
    Gee - I'm sorry it's not working out for you. Wish I knew something that would help. But don't give up because wi-fi music sync is truly a wonderful thing!

Peace...
    Yeah I know much easier than waiting infront of the computer till all the transfers are done. But i'll keep trying hopefully i'll get it to work.

12-28-10 08:15 PM
    Ok I give up anyone wanna help me with this? I can't seem to get it to connect to my desktop computer and my Torch and desktop are both connected to the same network.

12-30-10 03:12 AM
    Similar issues for me too. I gave up on it.
    12-30-10 04:05 AM
    I've had my Torch since the US release. WiFi sync has always worked, but I can't explain how lol. I open both iTunes and Desktop Manager then connect my Torch. I let it run the connection for a while, during which my media seems to be updating.

It seems to get strange when I try to unmount my Torch. A message often pops up saying DM is busy and can't close now. I think I have to right click on the BB Device Manager icon in the lower right taskbar and force it closed. After a minute or so I am then able to unmount my Torch. After disconnecting WiFi sync seems to run, and all my music seems to update.

I don't quite understand how it works, but it seems to be initiated by a direct connection first. It does usually work for me, but I haven't used it enough to know whether I should leave DM and/or iTunes open on my desktop to allow WiFi sync to continue.

Sorry for the muddled explanation, but this is what seems to work for me.

12-30-10 09:39 AM
    I have it on Windows Media Player. Is there a way to change that to itunes?

12-30-10 11:50 AM
    Sorry, I don't know if its only iTunes that works. Here's an update of current issues I'm having:

I just downloaded a bunch of free mp3s - they were imported to my iTunes library. The song titles appeared on my Torch, but the text is grayed out, meaning the actual content still needs to be loaded onto the Torch. I authorized each song, and they are now labelled as "pending". I believe this means they will sync upon connecting to my WiFi network.

What is baffling is that WiFi music sync is not recognizing my network, even though my Torch is connected to the network along with my laptop. I even closed and reopened the WiFi connection. If I use the BB button to Sync Now, after several seconds a message pops up saying "Could not synchronize with desktop". DM is set to WiFi sync, and as I said earlier this has worked for me in the past. I'll wait a while and see what happens. Sorry I can't offer any help, but I'm actually in need of help myself now!
    12-30-10 02:56 PM
    Ok so finally I got it to work. You have to add your Torch's IP Address and Port number (shows you when u hit Configure Desktop IP in the Sync options) to the Single Port Forwarding in your routers settings. You can find this in the Apps and Gaming tab in the your Routers settings.

Last edited by luqman24; 12-30-10 at 03:48 PM.
    12-30-10 03:30 PM
    This is how i did mine, good luck...

12-30-10 07:39 PM
    Anyone have luck with Wifi Music Sync username and password request when completing the software update? I've searched the FAQ's on BB.com and have tried my blackberry app world ID, but still no luck.

Anyone try removing wifi sync and reinstalling?
    02-02-11 09:25 AM
    i would be able to forward mine, except for the fact that my ip for my phone is 192.168.110.14. idk how to switch that 110 to 1. anyone?
    02-04-11 08:40 PM
    i would be able to forward mine, except for the fact that my ip for my phone is 192.168.110.14. idk how to switch that 110 to 1. anyone?
    You will have to change the IP address of the router which can be done at the setup page.

02-04-11 10:42 PM
    Well I went into the options for the sync thing and changed the ip in the phone lol. Still doesn't work.
    02-05-11 12:09 AM
    Well I went into the options for the sync thing and changed the ip in the phone lol. Still doesn't work.
    I meant setup in your Router's settings page. That IP is the IP address that was assigned by your Router, the last 1-3 numbers after the last dot will be different for every device, laptop, or desktop connected. The only way to change the whole thing is to go to your Router's setup page and manually change it.

02-05-11 12:31 AM
    Pmac,

This is the fix that worked for me. It has nothing to do with the firewall or router ports.

1) Connect your BB to your laptop
    2) Fire up Desktop s/w
    3) Disable Wi-Fi Musix Sync by clicking the button below and selecting the proper option.
    4) Disconnect device from laptop
    5) Reconnect device to laptop but this time choose the option to use the BB as a USB drive
    6) go to options on your BB, then security, and disable all encryption. (if you have it turned on)
    7) Windows explorer should open on the laptop with the BB files on the SD card
    8) Go to folder options in Windows and make sure you select Show hidden files.
    9) You should see a hidden folder on your SD card under Blackberry called system. Delete it.
    10) Unplug your BB from the laptop, and replug it.
    11) go back to the Desktop software and re-enable wi-fi music sync
    12) Keep the USB cable plugged until the desktop manager syncs the music file system structure (there should be a message on the button telling you to wait and not disconnect the BB).
    13) when done, disconnect the BB and voila... it should work. You should be able to see all your home music greyed out and download as needed.
    14) you can re-enable encryption and it should keep working (not tested yet)

and btw, now you can stream music from your laptop without having to download the songs over WI-FI which is super cool

hope this helps.
    07-24-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD