After a LONG (and I mean looong) wait, a lot of emotional turmoil and nail biting, I FINALLY have my White Torch (which I have dubbed Frozen Flame 9800 when you search for it by Bluetooth)*

The home keys bar (call, menu, back end) are fuzzier than I anticipated but it's white so it's expected plus I intend to skin it anyways . Something complimentary I promise!

Aside from adding my contacts (which I forgot to save to my Sim card D'oh!) Any tips or suggestions anyone want to share or pass along to help me utilize this phone to the fullest extent? I'm not big on downloading a lot of games ( I have a brand new iPod touch for that) and I'm currently running .246, which I'm fine with since I'm not that techy and is running pretty ok so far but I'm open to anything else! I am esp partial to themes

*side note: Am I the only one who runs a bluetooth search when their in a mall or Movie theatre, just to see what other ppl are working with or naming their phones? or am I the last nosy person alive?
    02-26-11 11:53 PM
    Other than updating the OS to the .448 or .450 build, I can't really suggest anything. App lineups on phones are specific to the person using the phone. If you can think of something you want to do with your torch that it can't do natively, I'd be happy to suggest something...

I know you implied you weren't all that interested in updating the phone, but believe me, it's worth it for the improvements to battery life and boot up time alone. I strongly encourage you to do it now, while you don't have a lot on the phone to back up (and thus worry about losing).

Other than that, enjoy your new phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 01:25 AM
    *side note: Am I the only one who runs a bluetooth search when their in a mall or Movie theatre, just to see what other ppl are working with or naming their phones? or am I the last nosy person alive?

Had someone "accidentally" try to connect to my Torch at a highway service centre.......... mine's named NX-9800A (goes back to the first theme I made for my Bold 9000 and it's kinda stuck lol)
    02-27-11 01:39 AM
    I run searches with my phone as well, I'm just searching for open wifi hotspots instead of bluetooth connections .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD