Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default will i get to mute or not

Look i have read all of the threads on the torch's current inability to be muted and everyone's opinions on the matter. I don't care about opinions or the legality, and if someone can tell me how to do it myself i don't care if someone releases a app or not i'm just tired of my shutter tone because:

it is annoying like listening to a clock tick all night long

I cant take a pic in public without being heard and disturbing the overall peace of the area

i cant take pics in a quiet place or performance without drawing attention away from the work

I have no plan to mis use this program i just hate camera tones and i know its possible to change the volume of the tone
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

There are a few apps in the crackberry app store that let you mute the camera sound...

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Plug in earbuds and the sound will go through that instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by xillentz View Post
    There are a few apps in the crackberry app store that let you mute the camera sound...

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    Everyone of those apps that say they can mute the camera flash, also state they do not work on the torch 9800. I dont believe it can be done in any way shape or form. As stated its a legality issue one of which I guess RIM decided to uphold regardless of whether it becomes a law or not.

Besides it's not really that loud and I highly doubt the people around you are starring at you because of the camera click, but rather the flash that draws their attention.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

yeah there is no law and more than likely never will be it was proposed but never will get looked at just like many other proposed bills. now its a rally point for a bunch of idiots that like to argue over rumors. i heard that it's really easy to do if you know how to program java. idk i would just like to know how to do this if anyone knows. and i don't really care so much about what other people think or anything but i hate the sound myself. i wish i could at least change the tone. (and if i could do that i would cange it to a silent recording hehe)
    CrackBerry Abuser

there may not be a law in the usa, but there is in other countries, as the camera is part of the base OS, the sound is there as default so RIM can comply with local laws easier than customising the base part of the OS for each market.
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    25,878 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

1) If you don't care about anyones opinions why should anyone offer you one.

2)
    If you had read all the threads as you have stated you would have seen two of
    the BEST developers of BlackBerry apps explain that it is impossible to do at this
    time in OS 6.

3)
    If the sound annoys you this much get another phone. Problem solved.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,235 Global Posts

Can you give us an example of how your camera sound disturbs the overall "peace" of the area? What are you taking pics of?