I'm having a weird issue that developed a couple days ago.. The curser is moving by itself upwards if the phone is in normal view, landscape it moves to the right or left depending on how you are holding it.
    I think I have narrowed this down to a trackpad issue.
    I turned audible roll on and when I swipe down I hear the click click click(digital sound). Then sometimes it immediately jumps upward or somesimes slight pause and up is goes(with the click sound as if I tried to scroll up.

I was running 6.0.0.450 when the issue developed, then I switched to 6.0.0.534
    I'm thinking this is a hardware issue, but not sure. I'm still under warenty.
    I've tried a bunch of batt pulls, reboots, the 1 software update and I'm thinking of doing a backup, wipe , re install tonight, but I doubt it will help..
    I really don't want a referb that may have had water damage... I've been very careful with this phone..had it since rogers day 1 of release.
    05-03-11 01:47 PM
    Are you using the stock OS6 theme?
    05-03-11 03:30 PM
    Sounds like faulty hardware... If it is still under warranty, swapping it is probablly your best bet. Don't forget to backup your device first with desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 06:25 PM
    My trackpad went a couple months after I got mine too. It happens. Take it back and they will send it out for repair. I think mine took 17 days as I recall. I used my 8830 for that short time.
    Mine came back better than it left as they replaced the entire LCD/slider.
    As Tbrenn says, back up everything with DM and even BBSAK for apps, and just before you hand it over perform a security wipe.
    05-03-11 07:07 PM
    Are you using the stock OS6 theme?
    yes

Sounds like faulty hardware... If it is still under warranty, swapping it is probablly your best bet. Don't forget to backup your device first with desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ive got a few backups, and i just did a fresh 1 now.

My trackpad went a couple months after I got mine too. It happens. Take it back and they will send it out for repair. I think mine took 17 days as I recall. I used my 8830 for that short time.
    Mine came back better than it left as they replaced the entire LCD/slider.
    As Tbrenn says, back up everything with DM and even BBSAK for apps, and just before you hand it over perform a security wipe.
    damn...not what i wanted to hear..
    im trying a wipe and full reload right now, but i think this is a hardware issue.
    rogers doesnt send our phones for repair, they send out a refurbished phone and you mail back yours..
    05-03-11 08:04 PM
    ^ Well, I have heard that refurbs can be as ood or better than brand new. There are a few threads here about refurbs and the consensus is they are pretty good...perhaps due to more strict quality control.
    If you get a refurb just do a thorough inspection of the device and hopefully it's all good. If not then send it back too. You are the customer, you need to be happy.
    Good luck
    05-03-11 08:17 PM
    ^ Well, I have heard that refurbs can be as ood or better than brand new. There are a few threads here about refurbs and the consensus is they are pretty good...perhaps due to more strict quality control.
    If you get a refurb just do a thorough inspection of the device and hopefully it's all good. If not then send it back too. You are the customer, you need to be happy.
    Good luck
    my girls bold 9700 just kicked the bucket, they sent her a refurb the trackpad wasnt in and the phone was all scratched up, she called they sent another 1, it wont even boot up, she was on with tech support for a hour tryin to reload a O.S..failed.
    they refuse to send her another 1 till they receive 2 of the refurbs back, so now shes got to wait and wait for them to receive, then them to ship another refurb out.

now, on the other hand, ive had a few and only 1 was bad out of the bunch, the screen on the 9000 they sent me was not in properly.

***UPDATE ON THE PHONE***
    just installed the official update 6.0.0.546 and its still doing the sae thing.
    i just turned the touchpad sensitivity down to 20, still does it, not sure if its the same or less.
    guess im calling rogers for a refurb........absolutely hate dealing with them...

anyone know if i have to install a rogers official os on this??

fyi - the browser on 6.0.0.546 seems to load heavy sites a little better...loads a little faster, but still not a good browser.. im a diehard blackberry user, and still have my first bb 7280 (the brick)..but my patience is wearing thin lately...
    05-03-11 09:09 PM
    my girls bold 9700 just kicked the bucket, they sent her a refurb the trackpad wasnt in and the phone was all scratched up, she called they sent another 1, it wont even boot up, she was on with tech support for a hour tryin to reload a O.S..failed.
    they refuse to send her another 1 till they receive 2 of the refurbs back, so now shes got to wait and wait for them to receive, then them to ship another refurb out.

now, on the other hand, ive had a few and only 1 was bad out of the bunch, the screen on the 9000 they sent me was not in properly.

***UPDATE ON THE PHONE***
    just installed the official update 6.0.0.546 and its still doing the sae thing.
    i just turned the touchpad sensitivity down to 20, still does it, not sure if its the same or less.
    guess im calling rogers for a refurb........absolutely hate dealing with them...

anyone know if i have to install a rogers official os on this??

fyi - the browser on 6.0.0.546 seems to load heavy sites a little better...loads a little faster, but still not a good browser.. im a diehard blackberry user, and still have my first bb 7280 (the brick)..but my patience is wearing thin lately...
    I feel your pain, I bought a new Torch for full retail, had a bad trackpad, my current one is still a bit odd, so it does happen.

I would try reinstalling a Rogers official just to be completely thorough about it. Plus it'll kill any possibilities of some negativity coming back to you if you do send the device back.
    05-05-11 04:11 AM
    this happened to 2 Torch's i had from at&t. i had them replaced under warranty. its a hardware issue.

on a side note, i also had this issue my my 9700 which was out of warranty. i just bought a $12 trackpad and replaced it myself.
    05-05-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD