HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS,

Every 9800 out there has some movement in the slider. Anyone that says theirs doesn't move at all is confused.
    i totally agree! my 9800 slides up and down with one push..
    08-15-10 11:33 AM
    This device has ruined so many lives I've lost count.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 11:55 AM
    So my question is, how do I present this to the store reps with out it becoming a huge deal? I mean, if there are "solid" devices out there, I should be entitled to one since I shelled out the cash for one.
    08-15-10 12:50 PM
    So my question is, how do I present this to the store reps with out it becoming a huge deal? I mean, if there are "solid" devices out there, I should be entitled to one since I shelled out the cash for one.
    this is my question as well to those of you with a little wiggle who also returned. did you just resort to the 30 day return policy (pursuant to which you could return for no reason at all) or were they more cooperative? thanks.
    08-15-10 02:17 PM
    Just do like I did... I asked to see another unit besides a display model.
    I didn't want any chance of them telling me the display was either handled too much and therefore different... or didn't clack because of the security tethers.

The new one they took out of the box was perfect... rock solid.
    I handed them my phone and the new one, showed them the difference and then made them try it.
    They promptly switched my device and threw in a screen protector for my trouble.

I don't know what I would have done had the new one been the same as my original... I doubt they would have allowed me to have them open all the boxes they had in stock. Luckily I didn't have to find out.

I just want to add that the wiggle/clack was a minor inconvenience but it really annoyed the heck out of me especially when using the unit one handed.

This one is great... I'm really liking the whole Torch experience.
    08-15-10 02:53 PM
    ^^ yeah it is really annoying to me too, especially when trying to use the virtual keyboard.

I also have a small issue with the charging port. I just posted on it, so I am about to leave to exchange for a different device.

Thanks!
    08-15-10 02:58 PM
    went through 7 phones out of the box till i found one that had no wiggle like the one on display, each had varying amount of wiggle, some real bad, took home the one that had none.
    08-15-10 04:49 PM
    Mine had a "wobble" from top to bottom whenever I used the trackpad. It was like a hump in the middle of the touchscreen and it just seesawed back and forth. It got so annoying I went to see if the display at my local store had the same problem. It didn't, the salesperson saw me playing around with my phone and the display and I just told them what I was doing. They promptly said "Let me get you a new phone".
    08-15-10 06:43 PM
    On my second one... the box has a seal on it that is bright pink and says "Quality Inspected" in black print. It has some wiggle in it, less then my last one, but it does have some. The 2 they have on display didnt seem to have any wiggle at all!
    08-15-10 06:50 PM
    On my second one... the box has a seal on it that is bright pink and says "Quality Inspected" in black print. It has some wiggle in it, less then my last one, but it does have some. The 2 they have on display didnt seem to have any wiggle at all!
    I had the pink sticker too. I hate to link to a thread but read what happened to me. I gotta take this one back now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ju...ts-etc-514311/
    08-15-10 08:07 PM
    I exchanged my rock solid/no wiggle unit yesterday because of battery life problems, and unfortunately did not think to check for wiggle.

Guess what? I got wiggle now.

You got wiggle? I got wiggle. Yaaaay.

It's quite pronounced when hitting the BB or green call key on the lower left, and only slight when hitting the Back or red end call key.

Back she goes.

08-16-10 06:34 AM
    I'm anxiously waiting for the 9800 here in Canada but now you guys are scaring the crap outa me. I think I may just go for the 9780 instead cause I always loved my 9700

08-16-10 06:55 AM
    I'm anxiously waiting for the 9800 here in Canada but now you guys are scaring the crap outa me. I think I may just go for the 9780 instead cause I always loved my 9700

Don't be scared. It's a TOTALLY AWESOME phone. And I'm going to be using it for the next 18 months, so I want to make sure it starts off on that road in the best shape possible. Just check for wiggle when you go to the store to get it.
    08-16-10 07:08 AM
    I'm anxiously waiting for the 9800 here in Canada but now you guys are scaring the crap outa me.
    Remember if you go to an AA meeting , you'll see mostly recovering alcoholics.. but if you go to the mall, you'll see.. err.. not that many alcoholics.
    my point is, most of the posters here come in because they have issues and they want answers..
    i personally know 6 people aside from myself who have zero issues with their torches.. and i'm the only one posting how great mine is..
    the others are busy playing with their phones ..or BUSY having a life
    08-16-10 07:47 AM
    I have had many slider phones in the past. They ALL have to have some wiggle. It is manufactured that way so the device will last long term. I remember when the Nokia 8800 was released. Everyone was freaking out because there was some play in the slider. IT IS NORMAL. There are always people saying that there is "no wiggle in mine.". It has to have some play or the device will end up breaking.

08-16-10 06:37 PM
    Ironically, I just traded a solid one with messed up butons for one with great buttons and wiggle.

Can't seem to win for losing. I'll wait until closer to the end of my 30 days to see if there is any change as they start to see a bunch being returned. I kow they fixed the S2 screen after a ton of them went back.
    08-20-10 02:34 PM
    Just exchanged my 2nd Torch at the ATT store...the wiggling and clacking when I typed was too much.

I had to go and find a display model that was solid to convince the rep...the other 2 on the floor had a wobble.

My second one was from Mexico 5...the new one, which is solid, no wiggle at all open or closed and the floor model that was solid were from Mexico 4.

I had the rep look at 3 boxes that were open and 5 that were not before we found one that was solid.

If it wiggles at all, I would take it back. I'm a RIM fan, but they need to be sent a message that the devoted followers expect better of a new product that is an "evolutionary triple axle".

Don't believe anyone who says that they all have wiggle...they may all develop wiggle, but they shouldn't have it from the get-go.
    08-20-10 03:45 PM
    I have to comment here since I was initially defending the wiggle. Mine does have some play, but it doesn't really bother me. There is also some slight movement when you touch the screen. I guess the "clacking" as some have called it. Again, it doesn't bother me and I thought because of the form factor that there had to be some Wiggle.

I was REALLY wrong. My wife's Torch came in today and hers is solid as a rock. There is no wiggle and no clacking at all. I mean none. So if it bothers you there really are devices that don't have it. Take it back and get one that you are happy with.

08-20-10 03:59 PM
    When I got my phone, there was a slight wiggle open and closed, but it was within my expectation of how I thought a slider should be. Now, a little over a week later, mine has developed a wiggle, that when in the open position, when I move the phone, the screen rattles. The movement is from front to back and not side to side like some others have described. I am thinking that the way the otterbox snaps on to the top caused the screen to loosen up. Would you consider this normal?
    08-20-10 10:52 PM
    No. And the wobble has always been front to back, like a wobbly table. Return it. And take the time to go through as many devices as necessary until you find one that has NO wobble. Those devices exist.

08-21-10 12:35 AM
120 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD