How can you see how much traffic over wifi there has been. Measured in bytes?

I want to be sure when i activate wifi, the youtube app will use this connection instead of the 3G connection.
    03-23-11 01:25 PM
    Not sure how to find traffic but I assume if you are connected to wifi your phone will use the wifi and not 3g. I check my data plan usage often and it is usually low since I am using wifi mostly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 01:40 PM
    There's an app by S4BB.com is beta right now, called network traffic. Works pretty good. I have it on my phone and it's accurate according to ATTs number. They have a daily and monthly tracking for both radio and wifi. Tracks in and out and gives you the total as well. Look it up on their website. Works like a charm for me.
    03-23-11 02:52 PM
    I checked it, and applied for the download. But the download links in the email doesn't work. Has reported this issue back.
    Looks like this is what i was looking for.
    03-23-11 03:20 PM
    Try this app and see if it does what you want. Works for me and is free. e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter
    gdanonym likes this.
    03-23-11 04:17 PM
    Yes, that app works for me. Happy to see the wifi has the priority. It's a good app. thanks.
    03-23-11 04:34 PM
    Yes, that app works for me. Happy to see the wifi has the priority. It's a good app. thanks.
    As long as everything is on, Wi-Fi is always the default service.

That app works great!
    Btw you can change the values of each service for the green/yellow/red thresholds.

Something to watch: previous versions of this app required some settings to be changed, which in turn resulted in reboots taking approx 9 minutes!
    I understand this has been fixed, but just wanted to mention it in case it's not. (I don't use it anymore.)
    03-23-11 06:44 PM
    There's one caveat, but it's not common.

Some apps might not implement auto network switching (reference the old builds of Bolt where you had to actually tick or untick a box to use or not use wifi, even if it's enabled).

Other apps may assume BIS/WAP connections...

Not a common occurrence though.
    03-23-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD