Hello Fellow Crackberriers,

Hoping someone can help... I have done numerous thread searches, and google searches.. I have found similar issues, but no resolutions... hoping someone can help a brother out...

So my wi-fi keeps turning itself off whenever i loose a network connection. I am not loosing the connection while it is connected, that works fine, but as soon as i leave the hotspot that i am connected to, my BB is turning off wifi all together...

Here;s the situation - I am at home, on my home wifi network. I leave for the day, without disconnecting from the network, or turning off wifi. I go do groceries. when i get home and start using my BB again, i will eventually notice that i am on 3G only, and not wifi, so when i go to connect to the network, i notice that wifi is turned off altogether...

At one point, i downloaded an app that was meant to remember my locations, and automatically turn on/off wifi etc...

it didn't install properly. I also read somewhere that it would not show up in the applications list, but only in the settings...

so i have looked in any possible settings, or menus, with no avail... I also went to the engineering screens and looked at the processes running, but could not see anything related to the app...

Has anyone had this issue before, or does anyone know what processes i could look for, that might be doing this...

Thanks gang,
    03-22-11 07:44 PM
    Sorry, forgot to add - I tried pulling the battery, several times, and just recently upgraded the OS (.448) i think this issue started post-upgrade, but not immediately...
    03-22-11 07:52 PM
    Did you check under options>networks and connections>Wi-Fi Network>saved Wi-fi networks to make sure it is a saved network? Does it show up there?
    03-23-11 08:39 AM
    Did you check under options>networks and connections>Wi-Fi Network>saved Wi-fi networks to make sure it is a saved network? Does it show up there?
    I checked that as well, it is a saved network, and I even tried moving it up to the top of the list so that it would connect first, and. Removed any other saved connections...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 09:44 AM
    I am wondering if the application you downloaded that didn't download properly is affecting your wifi. Check for that application and delete it, reboot the phone and then click on your home wifi under "saved wifi networks" to make sure everything is correct and that the proper boxes are checked, namely the "ssid broadcasted" and "Automatically obtain IP address and DNS". You can do this latter part before you delete the app and see if it helps.
    03-23-11 10:16 AM
    I am wondering if the application you downloaded that didn't download properly is affecting your wifi. Check for that application and delete it, reboot the phone and then click on your home wifi under "saved wifi networks" to make sure everything is correct and that the proper boxes are checked, namely the "ssid broadcasted" and "Automatically obtain IP address and DNS". You can do this latter part before you delete the app and see if it helps.
    So I figured it out...

The app was called WiFi Manager (it was free) I could not find it installed anywhere on the device, or in any of the options, settings. Or sub menus...

I logged into myAppWorld and found it in my list of applications. I uninstalled it through the app world, and then rebooted my device, and now wifi works as it's supposed to !

Anyone thinking of downloading the free app "Wifi Manager", don't bother.... Useless! (IMO)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD