I have been using bb since quite sometime. Its great in security and emailing but needs to cope up with other developements taking place. If Samsung and apple can bring out suppe screens with super features why can't RIM? Don't we think, RIM will lag behind as it is happening in US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 06:35 PM
    Last time I checked the US wasn't the world, RIM is by far leading in the world market over apple. Besides that RIM has always been marketed to business type people, business type people don't need all the flash to get things done, only the consumer market needs all that flash to survive.
    pjmacklin and C0BRA88 like this.
    06-09-11 06:41 PM
    If Samsung and apple can bring out suppe screens with super features why can't RIM?
    Because not all customers want battery-killing "super screens" and gimmicky "super features". You know what's a real "super feature"? A keyboard.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 06-09-11 at 11:38 PM.
    06-09-11 11:31 PM
    Last time I checked the US wasn't the world, RIM is by far leading in the world market over apple. Besides that RIM has always been marketed to business type people, business type people don't need all the flash to get things done, only the consumer market needs all that flash to survive.
    Really? You may want to sit down for the latest news:

Google Android conclusively beating BlackBerry sales - Techworld.com

RIM is coming a sad fourth in worldwide OS sales after Nokia, Apple, and Google.
    06-09-11 11:39 PM
    I believe it you hardly see bb commercials or ads but iphone and ipad are plastered every where.

06-10-11 12:07 AM
    Bb have the advantage with Emails - really ..... Apple and Samsung now have push emails and they are all html ..... Bb cannot manage that and apple and Samsung users never get the truncated due to size message.

Emails used to be one of bbs strengths but not for the last 2 years .... But hey don't let the facts ruin a good prejudiced perception

06-10-11 12:43 AM
    I Don't live in US...
    I dont' need 100 gHZ cpu with 100GB RAM, 500GB ROM and 100" ultrap super duper HHHD screen cellphone
    BB Fits well with my current lifestyle and make my work easy in real day to day life.
    Beside this...
    RIM is catching up now....
    see OS 7 based devices.... they are beefy
    06-10-11 01:59 AM
    Go to London a still wealthy area of the world and so many people actually using Phones for communication seem to have a Blackberry wheter its im, bbm, email or good old sms and Voice.

For those who need to communicate a lot and are out and about don't want huge power hungry features..

Also people want to use the web but need to be careful with how much Data they use to save paying extra again Blackberry seem to have the best balance of using the web and keeping data usage low.

Guess what many like my Wife still have a ipod for playing music and watching films etc but use a Blackberry to communicate..

But if her Ipod dies due to playing to many videos she can still keep in contact. For me a phone user since the early ninties and seen analogue the advent of digital then colour screens and many other features.

Its the first time since the 90's when i remeber so many people only having single digit battery life which is just not enough for many people with a busy lives both social and workwise nowadays. I know quite a few people regretting having the all singing all dancing power hungry Phone ( I have done it myself) missing that important call or message is not worth the hassle.
    06-10-11 08:12 AM
    I believe it you hardly see bb commercials or ads but iphone and ipad are plastered every where.

+1...It's all about the marketing.

06-10-11 08:22 AM

Don't count RIM out just because of commercials. I am seeing more and more commercials for Playbook and BB phones. Just opened a Brookstone mag and what was on the inside cover? A full page ad promoting the Playbook! Opened an ATT U-verse promo and what is there advertising movies and TV watching on the go? A Torch!

I am new to Blackberry and now that I am here, I am gonna stay for a while. For me, my phone and Playbook do it all, but RIM isn't content to stay where they are, they are always tweeking, upgrading, bug remedying the OS for their phones. And coming down the pike are the OS7 to be followed by the QNX phones.

But for now, I have excellent voice quality, solid reception, speedy renedering when I surf the web, I have Bridge with my Playbook (no tethering fee!!!!), BBM, and the list goes on and on. My phone is reliable which is necessary for work and for family. My phone is tough...multiple drops have not affected its slider or phone functionality.

There are a lot of great phones by many manufacturers. I have owned quite a few, but by far, for me, Blackberry meets my needs and wants and then some.
    06-10-11 08:26 AM
    Really? You may want to sit down for the latest news:

Google Android conclusively beating BlackBerry sales - Techworld.com

RIM is coming a sad fourth in worldwide OS sales after Nokia, Apple, and Google.
    People with other devices and biased critics that feel the need to write something will always try and make some point. But the bottom line is the consumer or business type will buy the phone that they need. Whatever device it is. If everyone wasted their time with random statistics, then everyone would have a phone they really don't want or need. And maybe, that is still the case with a number of people. But it doesn't make one device superior to another because, once again, in the end the consumer chooses. All this superiority garbage is becoming highly annoying. Even the almighty Steve Jobs felt the need to copy a few things from other devices, and they from Apple. Its about the consumers' needs, not what effing rating we are amongst the many. Get over it. Enjoy your phone, and I'll enjoy mine (and I do). The End.

Last edited by girlontherun; 06-10-11 at 11:50 AM.
    06-10-11 11:48 AM
    im actually getting sick of people complaining ALL THE F'ING TIME!! how many years have gone by and these silly users get the same answer that BBs are business marketered devices! if you dont like them then F OFF to APPLE and buy yourself a ****E-PHONE!
    06-10-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD